4 hours ago, steeljane42 said:

And if other random people don't like it... who really cares?

Quite so, and that was my point. As you say, most of us design our person space to satisfy ourselves. Those who create spaces to attract visitors -- merchants, galleries, clubs owners ... -- do shoot themselves in the foot if they don't pay attention to LODs, so they truly do lose if I and others vanish after a quick look.  People who aren't trying to attract visitors, though, are welcome to do what they wish.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Solar Legion said:

Go out of town for two weeks or so, miss reading a few threads apparently and of course a pawful of the usual suspects just can't let some things go or behave without being admonished by the staff ...

Ah well.

I swear, we all tried really hard to behave.

^-^;

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, Solar Legion said:

Go out of town for two weeks or so, miss reading a few threads apparently

You didn't miss much, since all the interesting threads in the last 2 weeks have been removed, often in a few hours.

Pet Peeve - I take a lunch break, and when I return the thread is missing.

• Like 3

Peeve - merchants who don't make their stuff available on the SL Marketplace. I get sick of visiting large stores in world, waiting for things to rez, and trying to use area search to find things without success. I get that it is a lot of work to put your entire store on the marketplace, that you run the risk of people leaving bad reviews for no good reason, and that LL takes a cut. But there is a whole customer base out there who primarily shop on the marketplace, and that makes it worthwhile.

• Like 12
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Stephanie Misfit said:

Peeve - merchants who don't make their stuff available on the SL Marketplace. I get sick of visiting large stores in world, waiting for things to rez, and trying to use area search to find things without success. I get that it is a lot of work to put your entire store on the marketplace, that you run the risk of people leaving bad reviews for no good reason, and that LL takes a cut. But there is a whole customer base out there who primarily shop on the marketplace, and that makes it worthwhile.

I like shopping from my house and trying on the demos and becoming an abomination in the comfort of my home .... not having to go in world while looking like Frankenstein,  or changing clothes each time I venture out .

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

Peeve, There is a chance that The Netherlands will win this years Eurovision song contest in May. People everywhere are enthusiastic about the last week released song 

If we win, that means we will have to produce that extremely expensive show next year.
But what is worse: I find the song totally meh. :(

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

8 minutes ago, Sid Nagy said:

Peeve, There is a chance that The Netherlands will win this years Eurovision song contest in May. People everywhere are enthusiastic about the last week released song 

If we win, that means we will have to produce that extremely expensive show next year.

Peeve: You could root for your "team" to lose!!

7 minutes ago, Sid Nagy said:

I have the same feeling about the UK entry.  We rarely get anything as solid as Sam Ryder's 'Space Man'.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Sid Nagy said:

That's all Eurovision music though. Except, every once in a while ..

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

50 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

Peeve: You could root for your "team" to lose!!

For once, the UK isn't going to come last, I think...if you know what I mean...(🤐)

• Haha 2

I'd almost forgotten that Eurovision is coming up soon! (Yes, I deliberately stay away from the news these days.) And the Oscars. Both things I'll not watch and just catch the results the next day.

• Like 1

Peeve: Daylight Saving kicks in for (most of) USA & Canada this Sunday, but not for UK & Europe until Easter Sunday. That always throws my Second Life performance schedule out by an hour, and because it's a leap year I have to deal with this for three weeks! Aaargh!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

6 minutes ago, Spiffy Voxel said:

I'd almost forgotten that Eurovision is coming up soon! (Yes, I deliberately stay away from the news these days.) And the Oscars. Both things I'll not watch and just catch the results the next day.

My ex SL partner posts on FB detailed handwritten notes on each group and how he is voting, etc. 

..cultural touchstone, I guess..

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Cinnamon Mistwood said:

What song is this?  It's not available where I am.

Hard Rock Hallelujah by Lordi.

• Thanks 2

I'm peeved that a graphics card I had sold was returned to me as 'defective'.

Aside from it not being returned in the box I sent it in (original) it is also not defective! I've just ran it for 8 hours full load with no issues.

Asked the buyer what gives and they finally admit they were trying to run it on a 300W PSU and using some kind of SATA power to PCIE 8 pin fire risk... It's an RX580, it definitely would not like that.

Grrrrr customers!

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Persephone Emerald said:

Another one of my favorite stores dumping CasperVend. 😥

Speaking of CasperVend, they seemed to be having problems yesterday when I was going around the Cyber Fair. Two items never reached me despite the transaction completing. I went to the CasperVend store and used their redelivery terminal to find those items, they were redelivered successfully. Then I log in today to find a load of CasperVend deliveries waiting for me! 😆 I think they may have constipation?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1