1 minute ago, Sid Nagy said:

Peeve: Try to find a pair of normally wrinkled male trousers or a normally buttoned and wrinkled shirt these days.

Post a photo of what style you're looking for. Maybe we can help (not to negate your peeve or anything ❤️ Goodness knows I have plenty of my own when it comes to clothing!).

• Like 2

Just read an excerpt from a Reddit post in which someone suggested replacing the term "butthurt" with "tushytantrum" and now all I can do is wait excitedly for someone to hurt my feelings so that I can use it.

Edited by Scylla Rhiadra
Yeesh. Read before submitting, girl!
  • Like 2
  • Haha 6

8 minutes ago, Ayashe Ninetails said:

Post a photo of what style you're looking for. Maybe we can help (not to negate your peeve or anything ❤️ Goodness knows I have plenty of my own when it comes to clothing!).

Just have a look at the sales. Manly Weekend for instance, but in fact all the sales.
And not only for males. It is getting weirder and weirder every week in the avatar industry of SL.

• Like 7

What is it about the Starbucks inside Target that attracts overly gregarious people? This one guy has been talking non-stop for the last hour to another guy at a table near him. Not talking *with* him, just a constant stream-of-conscoisness babbling. I thank the gods that I have earplugs to mute him a bit.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

8 minutes ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

Just read an excerpt from a Reddit post in which someone suggested replacing the term "butthurt" with "tushytantrum" and now all I can do is wait excitedly for someone to hurt my feelings so that I can use it.

OMG - I LOVE IT !!!!

Now I'm also anxiously awaiting an opportunity for a tushytantrum.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Sid Nagy said:

Just have a look at the sales. Manly Weekend for instance, but in fact all the sales.
And not only for males. It is getting weirder and weirder every week in the avatar industry of SL.

Just peeked at Manly. Didn't check the others yet. Not gonna lie - I'd rock some of that stuff! 😄

A lot of this comes down to preferred fashion style, though, which is why I asked for a photo of what you were looking for. Some stores I shop in very rarely participate in sales and I've seen some nice stuff with realistic wrinkles here and there. Meanwhile, some other places that have nice options definitely do run lots of sales (I really like some of the stuff at Butterscotch, for example, and they frequently do weekend sales).

For me, I mostly shop futuristic/techwear (think Rick Owens and Gareth Pugh) and athleisure, so any places I name are going to run you in that direction, but I've definitely seen lots of well-made regular, classic stuff in my travels.

I'll join your peeve for womens fashion, though. That's been out of pocket for a minute and I have a much harder time finding styles I like within that realm (shoutout to the few creators who are still slaying it, though). Never thought I'd see the day where shopping for menswear is easier for me, but here we are! Peeeeeeve!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

One implies spankin's!

• Haha 1

20 minutes ago, Persephone Emerald said:

What is it about the Starbucks inside Target that attracts overly gregarious people? This one guy has been talking non-stop for the last hour to another guy at a table near him. Not talking *with* him, just a constant stream-of-conscoisness babbling. I thank the gods that I have earplugs to mute him a bit.

Maybe because Target seems like a "safe place" that is slightly upper scale compared to someplace else (unnamed), and so people who shop there may feel empowered?

• Like 2

Peeve: That Meshbodies and heads and addons don't have their own section on the Market place..

They get buried in every product putting meshbody or mesh head in their labels that aren't mesh bodies or heads..

I think if they made it more easy to find them, there might be more than 3 or 4 bodies that new users could find..

I just found a body that I had never even seen before that I'm about to demo that I'm sure a lot looking for a more full figure would love..

I'm just surprised that those things haven't gotten their own category or section yet.. It would  ease some of the frustration I think..

• Like 5

2 hours ago, Love Zhaoying said:

Maybe because Target seems like a "safe place" that is slightly upper scale compared to someplace else (unnamed), and so people who shop there may feel empowered?

I have to give credit to most of the patrons at this Starbucks for either quietly minding their own business or politely engaging with the occational gregarious "weirdo".

The one time I went to the Panera Bread cafe near here, the family who sat down after the man who had been talking to himself left were louder and more annoying than he had been. Not having much other data, I'll guess that the overly loud music at Panera encourages the patrons to speak too loudly as well.

• Like 1

Peeve...hair stores.  Cute hair in the weekend sale.  Similar to a bob I already have from Doux which I wear a lot.  Tried the demo.  500K triangles!  If Doux can do it for a fraction of that, why is yours that high? 

• Like 4
  • Sad 2

5 hours ago, Persephone Emerald said:

I have to give credit to most of the patrons at this Starbucks for either quietly minding their own business or politely engaging with the occational gregarious "weirdo".

The one time I went to the Panera Bread cafe near here, the family who sat down after the man who had been talking to himself left were louder and more annoying than he had been. Not having much other data, I'll guess that the overly loud music at Panera encourages the patrons to speak too loudly as well.

Idea: wear earbuds, if someone tries to talk to you, point to the earbuds and look away.

Peeve: people who apparently can't go grocery shopping without talking on a phone call the entire time.

• Like 3

40 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

Peeve: people who apparently can't go grocery shopping without talking on a phone call the entire time.

I'm sometimes amazed at how little some people can manage to accomplish without their phone glued to their ear.

1 minute ago, Persephone Emerald said:

Worse than that is people who talk on their phone in the bathroom stall.

This one really makes me shake my head.  My husband does this at home sometimes, but thankfully not out in public.

• Like 4

6 hours ago, Love Zhaoying said:

Idea: wear earbuds, if someone tries to talk to you, point to the earbuds and look away.

During the pandemic I saw some very dangerous behaviour related to adult phone use and consequently unsupervised children.
The most memorable was a small child falling off a cliff. Luckily the child was able to hang on to the edge by his fingertips and was subsequently able to climb back up and seemed none the worse as if this kind of thing was a regular event. Neither of the parents noticed, they were both embroiled in their individual and somewhat miserable looking worlds of phone.

• Like 2
  • Sad 3

18 hours ago, Ceka Cianci said:

Peeve: That Meshbodies and heads and addons don't have their own section on the Market place..

They get buried in every product putting meshbody or mesh head in their labels that aren't mesh bodies or heads..

I think if they made it more easy to find them, there might be more than 3 or 4 bodies that new users could find..

I just found a body that I had never even seen before that I'm about to demo that I'm sure a lot looking for a more full figure would love..

I'm just surprised that those things haven't gotten their own category or section yet.. It would  ease some of the frustration I think..

I especially love the ones with keyword spam... so if you search for "petite dress" you'll still get items that are not for any petite body...

So yeah, clothing definitely needs strict categorization and ideally by body supported. It should be required metadata fields that are completed when the item is listed.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

I'm sometimes amazed at how little some people can manage to accomplish without their phone glued to their ear.

Give it 5 years and then there is a "slowly breath in .... and now slowly breath out again .... now slowly breath in...." app available for some.

• Like 4

5 hours ago, Raspberry Crystal said:

During the pandemic I saw some very dangerous behaviour related to adult phone use and consequently unsupervised children.
The most memorable was a small child falling off a cliff. Luckily the child was able to hang on to the edge by his fingertips and was subsequently able to climb back up and seemed none the worse as if this kind of thing was a regular event. Neither of the parents noticed, they were both embroiled in their individual and somewhat miserable looking worlds of phone.

Who filmed it though? 🤔

• Like 4