1 hour ago, Modulated said:

Dear All,

Please stop formatting your text , because its like trying to read this when you have dark mode enabled:

e0hCLsk.jpg

I used to not be able to read it either until I got Dark Reader also.. I can't look at the internet in bright screens or my eyes will be finished for the day pretty quickly, so I kind of had to get it.. Soon as I did, any posts that blended in before because of the Dark theme, now just looks like they highlighted something from an article..

I had to double down on the darkess. hehehe

• Like 3

@Ceka CianciI also have problems as of late with my eyes with my computer screen, I have just recently found that night light settings in Windows 10 helps a bit on top of darker themes.  This relatively new development with my eye sight has been a real pain as of late, I blame the new glasses I have purchased.  

So far, no blurry texts, my eyes are not drying out or becoming out of focus while reading posts, the strain is not as noticeable. Like you, if I don't use these my eyes will be ruined for a while.. it really is bothersome and has limited my online time which could be a good thing, but computing is my favorite hobby.

• Like 2

51 minutes ago, Ceka Cianci said:

I used to not be able to read it either until I got Dark Reader also.. I can't look at the internet in bright screens or my eyes will be finished for the day pretty quickly, so I kind of had to get it.. Soon as I did, any posts that blended in before because of the Dark theme, now just looks like they highlighted something from an article..

I had to double down on the darkess. hehehe

To be honest, I'm not sure if it was Marigold or someone else..but SOMEONE used to also use a "cursive" script in their posts! Thank goodness we talked them out of that.

That was even worse! Not because I can't read cursive, but because the font is terrible and they also used colors, different backgrounds, etc. 

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, Cinnamon Mistwood said:

Perhaps all the dark mode users should format white text for a while just to see what happens. 

That might peeve a few people though.

Isn't white text the default? Maybe not, if "text has no color".  

When pasting from websites, I always select "paste as plain text" to be kind (if given the option). 

Idea: What if, "paste as plain text" were the DEFAULT - and you had to click on something to "keep formatting" (unless pasted from another Forum post)?

..Brilliant!

@Garnet Psaltery I can see it fine on my Light theme.

Btw, @Linden Lab Here's my pet peeve of the decade: people keep asking me if I can redeliver stuff they purchased on MP. I always do, plus explain how they can do it themselves next time, so they don't have to wait for my reply. All this because they don't know the 'You purchaced this item on blabla' link leads to the redelivery button. So here's a little suggestion:

image.thumb.png.58045d8b4d301d956fae4a3ea086771d.png

• Like 10
  • Thanks 5
  • Haha 4

11 minutes ago, Garnet Psaltery said:

I format my text in Georgia 16 point so I can easily read it.  I also use the Dark theme.  Is anyone not seeing what I post, or is that a daft question?

Your text is ok always is, its when people format it to dark text that its a problem IMO.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Arduenn Schwartzman said:

@Garnet Psaltery I can see it fine on my Light theme.

Btw, @Linden Lab Here's my pet peeve of the decade: people keep asking me if I can redeliver stuff they purchased on MP. I always do, plus explain how they can do it themselves next time, so they don't have to wait for my reply. All this because they don't know the 'You purchaced this item on blabla' link leads to the redelivery button. So here's a little suggestion:

image.thumb.png.58045d8b4d301d956fae4a3ea086771d.png

Is the unicorn head a representation of your reaction whenever you receive another request for a redelivery?

(More pertinently, I had to remind myself how to do this a couple of days ago, as I haven't needed a redelivery from MP in ages. It took a while . . .)

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

Is the unicorn head a representation of your reaction whenever you receive another request for a redelivery?

There's an idea. I might just upload a similar picture into SL and give it to those who do a redelivery request, instead of typing to explain and opening my transactions history to do it for them, which takes minutes and a few Error 504 Bad Gateway pages before I get into that page.

1 minute ago, Arduenn Schwartzman said:

There's an idea. I might just upload a similar picture into SL and give it to those who do a redelivery request, instead of typing to explain and opening my transactions history to do it for them, which takes minutes and a few Error 504 Bad Gateway pages before I get into that page.

Ooh, ooh!! I own a few of your items, test it on ME!!!!

• Like 1

Peeve: When someone posts increasingly with unnecessary invective and hyperbole. Maybe they think it reinforces their argument.

I mean, like friggin'-A man, again and again and again..DAYUM, more and more and more and more, h-e-double-toothpicks, I tell ya it goes on forever and ever..

Edited by Love Zhaoying
Note: Fake invective and hyperbole are for example purposes only.
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

18 hours ago, Love Zhaoying said:

Isn't white text the default? Maybe not, if "text has no color".  

The 'default' colour changes automatically from black to white if you've got dark mode on (or rather, really dark gray to really right gray, it's a slight off-white and slight-off black!). 

And now to see if we can make those diurnal creatures scream in bepeevement .. 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Orwar said:

And now to see if we can make those diurnal creatures scream in bepeevement .. 

94d606e12f753c5b6a0bd73e29690b61.png

It's like writing with invisible ink!

Cackles maniacally.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

42 minutes ago, Orwar said:

94d606e12f753c5b6a0bd73e29690b61.png

It's like writing with invisible ink!

Cackles maniacally.

The trick is to use a slightly off-white font, so that your writing can't be read but you just tickle that part of the brain that notices *something* there...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, AyelaNewLife said:

The trick is to use a slightly off-white font, so that your writing can't be read but you just tickle that part of the brain that notices *something* there...

I know the word for that, but it's just on the tip of my tongue..sublingual, if you may..(or would that be superlingual)?

Just now, Rolig Loon said:
25 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

I know the word for that, but it's just on the tip of my tongue..sublingual, if you may..(or would that be superlingual)?

Multilingual

Is that like "tongue bifurcation"?  De debil, I hear she speaks with sporked tongue!

I've been saving up my peeves:

In Second Life: 1. Full-perm objects where the seller has made minor changes and listed themselves as creator. I know this is common practice, but  it is still maddening to find out that the 'rare' item you just got from a vendor is based on something you could have gotten for $1L on the Marketplace. On left, $1L item on Marketplace named Azura Queen, 2 land impact; on right, 'rare' item in vending machine which has been altered and renamed, 3 land impact.

In another life: 2. When the yoga instructor says "Remember to breathe." as if I would forget.

3. When I'm logging on to my email and I get the message "If this is taking too much time, please go directly to your destination."

Twogoddesses.thumb.jpg.9368039646b45c904a3d4e2439381557.jpg

Edited by Rufferta
ID
  • Like 3