7 hours ago, Love Zhaoying said:

Peeve: When you go to report a thread and have to stop at 3 options / reasons to report it.  Because nobody has time for that!

5 hours ago, Rowan Amore said:

People...especially those that just drag the mood into the dumper...

good-morning-world-your-little-ray-of-sarcastic-sunshine-has-5772934.png.d3dec6f04c68173170b37e7936037dde.png

4 hours ago, Love Zhaoying said:

Peeve: Nattering nabobs of negativism!

3 hours ago, Rowan Amore said:

Someone took all 3 pills today!

R-2023-02-15T150106_217.jpeg.4c94fdb5b9159638cb04e297f8b93004.jpeg

PEEVE:  Work is too busy right now and I'm missing too much forum fun.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Piikoi said:

Pet peeve: I love music, but find some styles annoying so have preferences set to ask me if I want to hear a region's streaming music. This means that when I enter a new region I often see a pop-up asking if I want to hear its stream. Good, except that the pop-up is one of those persistent always on top sorts of things and you can't do anything in the region until you address the music pop up. If you happen to fly into the region, your avatar is frozen and all movement disallowed until the music pop-up is addressed. I'd really like for that pop-up to be less demanding, not only to allow movement, but also to allow me to sample a stream before allowing or disallowing. Streaming music is all-too-often given labels that don't reflect their content. This means that the pop-up demands that before proceeding any further that I decide if I want to hear something like "Domain 104.251.122.71" without explaining what on Earth that is.  

There might be a better answer but I'd be inclined to leave music streaming unchecked before entering another region, then decide if I want to hear what's on.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Luna Bliss said:

I'm annoyed that whenever a time for a meeting is stated so many people will ask "SL time"???    Oh I know why they do that, and I have some sympathy, but still, I feel irritated. 

I guess the solution to that, is always add "SLT" to the time when stating a meeting time.

"Meeting is at 1400 SLT."

Then, if they still ask "SL time???" they are either trolling, or reading/comprehension challenged.

• Haha 2

12 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

I guess the solution to that, is always add "SLT" to the time when stating a meeting time.

Then, if they still ask "SL time???" they are either trolling, or reading/comprehension challenged.

Oh no, you can't say 1400 SLT because then the 'Murricans cry about you using 'military time'. Because, apparently, using a system to tell time based on, you know, how many hours are actually in a day, is incomprehensibly difficult. Almost as difficult as dividing and multiplying measures of weights, volumes, and distances in factors of ten!

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

2 minutes ago, Orwar said:

Oh no, you can't say 1400 SLT because then the 'Murricans cry about you using 'military time'. Because, apparently, using a system to tell time based on, you know, how many hours are actually in a day, is incomprehensibly difficult. Almost as difficult as dividing and multiplying measures of weights, volumes, and distances in factors of ten!

Peeve at people who can't simply say 2 pm SLT rather than complicating it by saying 1400 SLT!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Orwar said:

If Americans can't tell time, then we've got bigger problems!

Maybe show it both ways: "2pm / 1400 SLT"

3 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

Maybe show it both ways: "2pm / 1400 SLT"

"2 pm / 14:00 SLT, 4 am / 04:00 UTC. 2023-02-16. 02-16-2023. 16-02-2023. Year of the Water Rabbit. 5,783 anno mundi. 5,124 VS."

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

26 minutes ago, Orwar said:

"2 pm / 14:00 SLT, 4 am / 04:00 UTC. 2023-02-16. 02-16-2023. 16-02-2023. Year of the Water Rabbit. 5,783 anno mundi. 5,124 VS."

- Which Japanese era?

- For SL purposes, I wish it could be "year of the WABBIT". Or, even "CABBIT".

- May need to include Multiverse #.

But, I like adding UTC for all those whining Europeans.  Just like the whining 'muricans!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

18 hours ago, Piikoi said:

Pet peeve: I love music, but find some styles annoying so have preferences set to ask me if I want to hear a region's streaming music. This means that when I enter a new region I often see a pop-up asking if I want to hear its stream. Good, except that the pop-up is one of those persistent always on top sorts of things and you can't do anything in the region until you address the music pop up. If you happen to fly into the region, your avatar is frozen and all movement disallowed until the music pop-up is addressed. I'd really like for that pop-up to be less demanding, not only to allow movement, but also to allow me to sample a stream before allowing or disallowing. Streaming music is all-too-often given labels that don't reflect their content. This means that the pop-up demands that before proceeding any further that I decide if I want to hear something like "Domain 104.251.122.71" without explaining what on Earth that is.  

That's actually not a quality of life feature, But a security feature that was designed to stop medias from connecting you without your permission, to websites outside of second life.

It does give you a way to tell what is trying to connect with you.. In that popup is the url of whatever is trying to connect with you, which you can look at with your external browser.. 

If you right click the url, it will give you the option to connect with the URL from outside of second life using your external browser..  If it's a radio station, you'll be able to tell what kind of music is playing.. Then you can click to allow it to stream in your in world viewer or not..

I'm not gonna get into the details too much because I was up late and just kind of on my first cup of tea this morning..

But when those filters came around, it was in a scary time in SL and gave a wake up call about security to a lot of users.. I pretty much never leave home without my media filters on..

Edited by Ceka Cianci
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, Love Zhaoying said:

Even with the SLT I'd still miss the meeting. I don't use maritime clocks. 🤭

1 hour ago, Love Zhaoying said:

But, I like adding UTC for all those whining Europeans.  Just like the whining 'muricans!

Well, to be fair, the only folks in Europe in UTC+/-0 are those in .. Iceland, Ireland, Portugal, and Great Britain. And the Faroe Isles and the Canary Isles, which are territories of Denmark and Spain respectively. Then there's UTC+1, or CET, where us cool kids hang. Then there's UTC+2, where vodka begins to replace coffee as the breakfast brew of choice. 

Except Finland. 'Cause no one drinks as much coffee as Finland. 

.. Probably because of a little something called kaffekask.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

48 minutes ago, Orwar said:

Well, to be fair, the only folks in Europe in UTC+/-0 are those in .. Iceland, Ireland, Portugal, and Great Britain. And the Faroe Isles and the Canary Isles, which are territories of Denmark and Spain respectively. Then there's UTC+1, or CET, where us cool kids hang. Then there's UTC+2, where vodka begins to replace coffee as the breakfast brew of choice. 

Except Finland. 'Cause no one drinks as much coffee as Finland. 

.. Probably because of a little something called kaffekask.

There's got to be someone, somewhere, who would prefer GMT vs. UTC. Are we leaving those poor souls out?

33 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

Are we leaving those poor souls out?

Yep!

3 minutes ago, Zalificent said:

Britain isn't in Europe, and doesn't use that Anglophobic UTC stuff, which is poor imitation of REAL British Time, which we invented!

I'd like to see the outboard motor that could scoot Britain off of the Eurasian tectonic plate. Don't hit Ireland on your way out!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2