1 hour ago, Sirrella said:

What's really starting to yank my chain is why stretch isn't automatically enabled for EVERYTHING in the edit menu. Why aren't ALL clothes resizeable FGS? Reams and reams of different versions for each body.... why?? All those gorgeous boots that just won't fit over jeans, or jackets that can't be worn, becuz bleed-thru.

Just WHY???? Is it more work for the designer to enable it or something? Some technical reason?

*bursts into tears as she walks out of Eudora 3D empty-handed AGAIN

I feel your pain. I'm forever playing the clothing jigsaw puzzle game.

image.png.62bfa6d8e0eafa3872a6ef48a0d73156.png

• Like 5

6 hours ago, Kimmi Zehetbauer said:

RL Peeve 009a: Waking up and your spouse left a big mess in parts of the house. (Did lodge an AR aka Cast Iron Skillet to the head!)

If you were ever in YIM and saw someone using the "gesture" 

"*CLLLANNNGG!! cast iron skillet to the head CLAAAANNGG!!"

that was me. 😁

• Haha 3

I've been doing the dreaded 'inventory cleanout'  I'm peeved about all the beautiful flexi dresses that I bought and never got around to wearing.

I'm also peeved at myself for the money that I spent on some really butt-ugly crap -- or maybe they were freebies (yeah, that makes me feel better).  I think I had less discerning taste when I started in SL - and had a hard time resisting any sale.

Edited by LittleMe Jewell
  • Like 3

Update...My husband came home yesterday afternoon.  He's feeling much better and was released with equipment he should have received when he was in the hospital last month.  Hopefully, this will prevent another trip to the ER.

Mom was accepted at a 5 star skilled nursing/rehab center just a few minutes from home.  We did have to wait around all day yesterday until almost 1am this morning for a transport to be available for the 10 minute ride from the hospital.  After two 12 hour days at the hospital, I'm just glad she's somewhere safe and close.  

Here's hoping the New Year brings her back home soon.

• Like 21

8 hours ago, Sirrella said:

Just for my education.... is it technically possible for a designer to make an alpha hud specifically for a piece of clothing? Not to hide the whole thing in one click, but with selectable areas, like for bodies? I mean I get that's probably way too much work for each and every piece of clothing, just wondered if it was technically feasible?

Yes.

The issue is that each portion that is to be alpha'd needs to be a separate face. It isn't very uncommon for clothes to come with hide/show options for various components, such as panties under skirts and dresses or the lower hem of a shirt to make it tucked into a pair of high-waisted trousers. I've got a pair of tights on one of my alts which has *a lot* of alpha cuts in it, like about 10 different shoe/boot heights you can alpha to - and of course none of her boots actually fit any of them, it's either missing a centimetre or there's a centimetre sticking out the side of boot (unless the boots have some body to it). 

10 hours ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

I've been doing the dreaded 'inventory cleanout'  I'm peeved about all the beautiful flexi dresses that I bought and never got around to wearing.

I'm also peeved at myself for the money that I spent on some really butt-ugly crap -- or maybe they were freebies (yeah, that makes me feel better).  I think I had less discerning taste when I started in SL - and had a hard time resisting any sale.

Yeah, RL and SL inventory cleanout needed............  🚜    🛍️  💰  👍

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, Eddy Vortex said:

Inadvertently buying the same item twice because I forgot that I already brought it a year ago. ☠️

image.png.46a36a97014733c5138f0acb5c513338.png

I wish more merchants used whatever it is that lets them know when you've already purchased something.  On several occasions, I've been refunded my money with a pop-up telling me.I've already purchased the item.  It's brilliant and should be common practice for all merchants, IMHO.

• Like 7

4 minutes ago, Rowan Amore said:

I wish more merchants used whatever it is that lets them know when you've already purchased something.  On several occasions, I've been refunded my money with a pop-up telling me.I've already purchased the item.  It's brilliant and should be common practice for all merchants, IMHO.

Caspervend does it - not sure if it is something the merchant has to enable or not, but that system not only refunds your money, but will also send you a redelivery.  It has saved me many a dollars.

• Like 6

6 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:
10 minutes ago, Rowan Amore said:

Caspervend does it - not sure if it is something the merchant has to enable or not, but that system not only refunds your money, but will also send you a redelivery.  It has saved me many a dollars.

That's a nice feature to have so some of us wouldn't have to mourn our wasted lindens. lol  But I'm not mad at merchants who don't have this feature in their vendors. I'm more annoyed at myself for not checking my inventory first.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Kimmi Zehetbauer said:

I forgot the shop's name --- there is someone who made a frying pan shooter where you could lodge pans at others!

Second Life Marketplace - Madeline's "Bruiser" Cast Iron Skillet [Spellfire 3]

Second Life Marketplace - Skillet Thrower

Happy New Year! 😇

• Thanks 1

37 minutes ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

Pet Peeve -- an actual, real one.

I hate the term "Normie."

Really really really hate it.

And if you use it unironically, I will judge you for it. Sorry.

Since they're "watching" it, perhaps you'll see it in the dictionary soon (once it meets the needed criteria for entry).
https://www.merriam-webster.com/words-at-play/words-were-watching-normie-normcore

Edited by Love Zhaoying

4 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

Since they're "watching" it, perhaps you'll see it in the dictionary soon (once it meets the needed criteria for entry).
https://www.merriam-webster.com/words-at-play/words-were-watching-normie-normcore

What this description just touches on is the fact that the term's contemporary currency owes a great deal to 4Chan, and its adoption by Incel culture.

While I am sure some people use it innocently, unaware of its connotations and history, it's a condescending, sneering insult targeting anyone who is perceived as an outsider by particularly toxic cultures that measure their own self-worth by denigrating everyone else who doesn't belong. It's a classic and particularly unpleasant instance of how some communities define themselves by exclusion.

4 hours ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

Pet Peeve -- an actual, real one.

I hate the term "Normie."

Really really really hate it.

And if you use it unironically, I will judge you for it. Sorry.

I don't think I ever heard anyone refer to anyone else as a normie.  Is that like neurotypical?  I'm a bit on the divergent side myself so maybe that's why nobody has ever accused me or normie-ness.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

it's a condescending, sneering insult targeting anyone who is perceived as an outsider by particularly toxic cultures that measure their own self-worth by denigrating everyone else who doesn't belong.

If it's used primarily by those types of people, I'd actually prefer to be considered a 'normie' and NOT belong to that group.  Just the fact they use it puts them in a category of people I'd rather not interact with anyway.  Nice of them to out themselves as toxic people for us all to avoid.

Might just change my title to Proud Normie!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1