I don't usually have peeves, but I officially have one. This morning I opened up the living room curtains to look onto the back garden while I cleaned. Our back garden is actually a large community garden that is a large courtyard surrounded by brick houses. We have our own small section that belongs to us and people aren't to access uninvited just to set up the scene. So I was cleaning the living room and hubby had come in from taking out recycling. We were talking and holding hands. I saw movement from my side gaze along the windows and glanced up to see our neighbor knocking on our glass patio door. My husband had heard and opened up one of the windows to see what she needed.

Apparently she was offended at our displays of affection (holding hands) with the curtains open. Really? 🤔

Hubby told her perhaps if she stopped looking ino neighbor's windows she wouldn't see anything to offend her before shutting the window.

This creeped me out because she came into our small back garden and has done this several times in the past. She did this once even before we moved in when we were working on the house getting it ready. This really has turned into a peeve.

Edited by Dafadilia Wayfarer
  • Like 2
  • Sad 6

1 hour ago, Dafadilia Wayfarer said:

Apparently she was offended at our displays of affection (holding hands) with the curtains open. Really? 🤔

Hubby told her perhaps if she stopped looking ino neighbor's windows she wouldn't see anything to offend her before shutting the window.

This creeped me out because she came into our small back garden and has done this several times in the past. She did this once even before we moved in when we were working on the house getting it ready. This really has turned into a peeve.

Me and my man gotten that in RL especially since we're an interracial married couple. Then again we grew in a time when it wasn't tolerated.

Hopefully the window peeper is not in SL!

• Thanks 2
  • Sad 3

1 hour ago, Dafadilia Wayfarer said:

I don't usually have peeves, but I officially have one. This morning I opened up the living room curtains to look onto the back garden while I cleaned. Our back garden is actually a large community garden that is a large courtyard surrounded by brick houses. We have our own small section that belongs to us and people aren't to access uninvited just to set up the scene. So I was cleaning the living room and hubby had come in from taking out recycling. We were talking and holding hands. I saw movement from my side gaze along the windows and glanced up to see our neighbor knocking on our glass patio door. My husband had heard and opened up one of the windows to see what she needed.

Hubby told her to perhaps if she stopped looking ino neighbor's windows she wouldn't see anything to offend her before shutting the window.

I have posted the "Gladys Kravitz" meme many times on the Forum.  (She was the nosy neighbor on the original "Bewitched" TV series, always peeking at the neighbors through her curtains.)  

Your neighbor certainly fits that description!

Gladys-Kravitz-nosy-neighbor-peeking-window.jpg

• Like 3

On day 4 of a nasty, vicious flu bug that first downed my RL SO, and has made me absolutely miserable. I spent almost all of yesterday sleeping -- or trying to sleep. I'm a little better today, but having some problems with breathlessness, and a lot of coughing.

At least it's not Covid, so I should make a full and relatively uncomplicated recovery. But in the meantime, I'm just plain not functioning. And God I'm bored of it.

• Like 1
  • Sad 11

48 minutes ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

On day 4 of a nasty, vicious flu bug that first downed my RL SO, and has made me absolutely miserable. I spent almost all of yesterday sleeping -- or trying to sleep. I'm a little better today, but having some problems with breathlessness, and a lot of coughing.

At least it's not Covid, so I should make a full and relatively uncomplicated recovery. But in the meantime, I'm just plain not functioning. And God I'm bored of it.

Awww

/me hands Scylla some tissues and hot tea.

You haven't missed anything important here.  We're all still peeving, sharing pictures, comparing our ages, complaining about no-mod clothing, feeling lonely, or looking for role-play.  You're all caught up now.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Dafadilia Wayfarer said:

This speaks volumes about Ms. Looney Tunes' lack of love and joy in her life. I'm sorry you had to go through that.

The trespassing and voyeurism can't be legal. At minimum, she should be slapped with trespassing charges.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Eddy Vortex said:

This speaks volumes about Ms. Looney Tunes' lack of love and joy in her life. I'm sorry you had to go through that.

The trespassing and voyeurism can't be legal. At minimum, she should be slapped with trespassing charges.

Another possibility, is Ms. LT got all tingly and excited seeing actual human connection, and oh my, Ms. LT just hates feeling tingly and excited. It's not proper for one to feel that way, no, indeed. 

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

Get well soon!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

17 hours ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

@Scylla Rhiadra, sorry to hear you're under the weather! Hope the recovery goes quickly and super smooth! /me hands Scylla a healing banana ....

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

18 hours ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

Hope you feel better really soon!!!!   

Here's some homemade chicken soup!    

On topic:   Peeve -  The flu!

homemade chicken soup.jpg

• Like 6

On 11/1/2022 at 5:28 PM, Coffee Pancake said:

Communities move and shift around, this is normal.

Refusing to do the new thing so you can moan about the new thing is self defeating and just makes the inevitable begrudging move even harder.

That's how Firestorm became a success.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Silent Mistwalker said:

Peeve: Why do people/companies have to ruin perfectly good food with cooked carrots? 🤢

I'll eat raw carrots all day long, but I will not touch mushy cooked carrots. EW!

Yes, I know. They're cheap filler. 🤬

Shredded carrots (and parsnip, and swedes) are a great way to bulk up a ragu, adding a touch of sweetness and depth of flavour without messing up the texture. An overnight-cooked ragu alla bolognese (just make it in the evening and leave it on the stove on very low) + a home made Mornay sauce (with plenty of white pepper and nutmeg, and of course a well-aged cheese) = the best lasagne. Serve with a simple salad with cucumbers and cherry tomatoes and put your best balsamic vinegar on the table (if it ain't old enough to order its own drink, it ain't old enough to ride with lasagne).

• Like 4

21 hours ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

Something that might help if you are having build up in your lungs.. I hope you feel better soon.

• Like 1

On 11/7/2022 at 12:20 PM, Dafadilia Wayfarer said:

I am so sorry you had to experience that.  The nerve of the lady.  

I don't know where you live, but if it is in the US, I would have told her that you were considering reporting her to the police as a peeping tom.

• Like 3