51 minutes ago, Arielle Popstar said:

Reminds me of a time in my riding days where I was speeding down the highway with my jacket zipped part way down because it was a hot day and something hit my upper breast area that really smarted. I didn't know what it was and decided to pull off the highway to grab some food. I stopped at a submarine shop and while I was standing at the counter to order, I felt something crawling around my waist and back and then down my butt. I started to slap myself trying to stop whatever it was when suddenly I felt a bad stinging sensation from my left ass cheek. After running to the bathroom and pulling my jeans down I was finally able to grab the large bumblebee I had had a head on collision with. 🐝

Horror stories from riding.  I had something similar happen.  I couldn't tell you exactly what type of insect it was that hit me but I saw it briefly before it slammed into my shoulder.  When we stopped later that evening, I had a large bruise where it had hit.  I have to think it was a June bug or something similar in size to leave a bruise.

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, Silent Mistwalker said:

Peeve: Never knowing the answer to some of the questions movies and tv series produce.

I have no idea what your 549 references are, but I get the gist of your peeve.

I grew up without TV. I got my pop culture from my parents, effectively making me a child of the 1940s. Though I know I miss pop culture references in modern movies and shows, I think I also catch some references that my contemporaries (and younger) miss.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Madelaine McMasters said:

I have no idea what your 549 references are, but I get the gist of your peeve.

I grew up without TV. I got my pop culture from my parents, effectively making me a child of the 1940s. Though I know I miss pop culture references in modern movies and shows, I think I also catch some references that my contemporaries (and younger) miss.

HEE HAW!

ENet2gNWsAASE4S.png

And this:

RARE-Hatch-Show-Print-BR549-Poster-Honky

• Thanks 1

Peeve time for me, the usually un-peevable.

Someone drops me an IM! Wow! I never get IMs or even noticed!

"Hii~!"

So I respond, ask what's going on, try to be decently sociable.

"So can you follow me on Flickr since I do avatar portraits, and do you want my rates and a commission from me? They're open~! <3"

Ah, I see.

No one would just willingly talk to me out of benign interest.

Pet peeve and not a major peeve only because I respect the hustle. Get that bag, hunty.

Edited by cariboustag
  • Like 1
  • Sad 3

18 minutes ago, cariboustag said:

Peeve time for me, the usually un-peevable.

Someone drops me an IM! Wow! I never get IMs or even noticed!

"Hii~!"

So I respond, ask what's going on, try to be decently sociable.

"So can you follow me on Flickr since I do avatar portraits, and do you want my rates and a commission from me? They're open~! <3"

Ah, I see.

Pet peeve only because I respect the hustle. Get that bag, hunty.

/me rushes in-world to IM cariboustag

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

Hey kids! We should try this "metaverse" thing! In Second Life!

Apparently it's "surprising, exotic, and free!"

AND THERE ARE BUNNIES!!!

FYpBqYgWYAAkm70?format=jpg&name=large

I love this magazine cover, but that's probably their lame attempt at depicting a furry.

Oh, je veux être un lapin aussi!

Edited by Persephone Emerald
  • Haha 2

16 minutes ago, Persephone Emerald said:

I love this magazine cover, but that's probably their lame attempt at depicting a fury.

Oh, je veux être un lapin aussi!

A fury furry?

A furry fury? 🤔

Une furie poilue dans une furie poilue !

Bet you can't say that 5 times real fast!

A fury furry in a furry fury!

AnotherBrownBirdofparadise-size_restrict

Edited by Silent Mistwalker
  • Haha 5

4 hours ago, cariboustag said:

Best I can do is slightly sinister interest. But I'll never ask you to follow my flickr, I mostly take pictures of trees.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Over a week ago I made a new friend. Yeyyyy. 

Then a few days later I realised that I'm making 80 - 90 % of the conversation again. 

I'm asking the questions. I'm intrested in the other person. I'm making the compliments. And all I'm getting back is a short sentence at best or just an emoji. Then I stopped talking to see if my present is missed or realised. 

Short answer I'm friendless again. 

Nothing changes just deteriorat. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 2

24 minutes ago, Zzevir said:

Then a few days later I realised that I'm making 80 - 90 % of the conversation again. 

I'm asking the questions. I'm intrested in the other person. I'm making the compliments. And all I'm getting back is a short sentence at best or just an emoji. Then I stopped talking to see if my present is missed or realised. 

59ED485F-6575-4EF8-83C7-D2C86E6158F2.jpeg.2bc62aaa99c2f04541080551eccc74ce.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Zzevir said:

I've had similar and started to look at the nature of my questions and trying to judge whether the other may feel they are intrusive. Then too there is sometimes a difference in the level of friendship both parties wish to engage in. Like when I am interested in the person and they are  interested in my body and all the questions are delaying when they going to be able to engage physically rather than intellectually and emotionally. :)

• Like 2