4 minutes ago, Sammy Huntsman said:

Well they do look more like tourniquets than actual things you would wear on a day to day basis. Lol. I mean look at the thigh one's, I mean with that tightness. You could easily amputate a leg at the thigh and lose next to no blood. 

Just now, Coffee Pancake said:

If they went for realism, the difference would likely be too subtle to really show on an avatar.

I've seen some that do go for a more subtle effect. I'm not talking about the garters - yeet those into the sun. The stay-up stockings, though - some of them look okay. A lot of it also depends on the overall body shape you start with. Those things can easily go from "okay I can see that, that looks nice" to "omgwut" real quick!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Rowan Amore said:

Not a peeve but more applause for someone using this phrase to describe another person's tirade...nonsense buffet.   So very appropriate.

Word Salad would definitely be one of the items at the nonsense buffet. 

Edited by Persephone Emerald
  • Like 2

While I'm not advocating people objectifying others, if you stand around anywhere in SL wearing that camel toe item visible to others (which I assume is the point of wearing it at a shopping event), don't be surprised if you get lewd comments.  

• Like 1

Peeve:  I have the hardest time getting a mesh head to have a pleasant, neutral expression.  They all frown and have RBF. I also can't seem to use sliders to get a normal looking mouth/lips.  When I finally think I have acceptable lips, I notice they no longer cover the teeth. Ugh 🙄

Anyone remember the angry invisible pony rider avatars that were popular several years ago?  That face never went away.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Cinnamon Mistwood said:

Peeve:  I have the hardest time getting a mesh head to have a pleasant, neutral expression.  They all frown and have RBF. I also can't seem to use sliders to get a normal looking mouth/lips.  When I finally think I have acceptable lips, I notice they no longer cover the teeth. Ugh 🙄

Anyone remember the angry invisible pony rider avatars that were popular several years ago?  That face never went away.

Try messing with the brow base if using the head sliders isn't working.  Sometimes, just a slight tweaking in that area can turn RBF into a more friendly look.  Worth a try!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Weighing in on the thigh bands. In my lifetime, I've known some women who were stocking-wearers back in WW1 and WW2. And they wore stockings with the round garters that slid up their legs and held up the stockings. Depending on what sort of woman it was, and how daring they were, their stockings would either be held up with garters just above or below the knee. (Proper ladies, of course had dresses long enough that they gartered below the knee.) Anyway, the stockings were rolled down around the garters until they hit the right spot to stay up. And it had to be tight enough to not slide down. This did indeed leave marks that would stay for a long time. These were utilitarian, not lacy fetish items. Garter belts were a liberation of sorts from the tight rolled garters.

• Like 2

So its been getting cold here.  Lots of cold and rain and hail and thunder for weeks now.  I would move to the wet part of NZ after all!!!  The new place came with a heat pump (love love love those!) and a pellet fireplace that for the life of me I could not get working.  Called the fireplace people and asked someone to come check it out for me cos I didn't know if it was broken, if it needed a cleaning or if I just didn't know what I was doing (which was true after all!) and was told that someone would be out if about three weeks.  

Three weeks of shivering and complaining about the cold later...fireplace guy shows up, takes a look, presses the reset button and its now working!  

Typical of my life!

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, Jordan Whitt said:

So its been getting cold here.  Lots of cold and rain and hail and thunder for weeks now.  I would move to the wet part of NZ after all!!!  The new place came with a heat pump (love love love those!) and a pellet fireplace that for the life of me I could not get working.  Called the fireplace people and asked someone to come check it out for me cos I didn't know if it was broken, if it needed a cleaning or if I just didn't know what I was doing (which was true after all!) and was told that someone would be out if about three weeks.  

Three weeks of shivering and complaining about the cold later...fireplace guy shows up, takes a look, presses the reset button and its now working!  

Typical of my life!

But now you know how to reset it yourself! 

I wish you'd had a manual for your fireplace! (Hard to RTFM without one..)

19 minutes ago, Silent Mistwalker said:

Most manuals can be found online, free download.

.. .. .. But if you're in New Zeeland, surely, you have to upload to your computer and download to external servers - they're all upside down over there!

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

2 hours ago, Orwar said:

.. .. .. But if you're in New Zeeland, surely, you have to upload to your computer and download to external servers - they're all upside down over there!

Usedta be, if you dug a hole deep enough, it went "to China"! 

(Must have been a "global" problem.)

Just now, Love Zhaoying said:

Usedta be, if you dug a hole deep enough, it went "to China"! 

(Must have been a "global" problem.)

I mean if you dug straight through the earth, and reach terminal velocity and reach the middle of the earth in hours or minutes. Lol. So I mean it would be a faster, yet unsafer way to travel to china. Lol 

5 minutes ago, Sammy Huntsman said:

I mean if you dug straight through the earth, and reach terminal velocity and reach the middle of the earth in hours or minutes. Lol. So I mean it would be a faster, yet unsafer way to travel to china. Lol 

Terminal velocity is just an equilibrium state, you're falling as fast as the air resistance will allow. Terminal stopping is what gets ya.

If you bore a hole right though the earth (and stopped it filling up with air or rocks), you could jump in one end, accelerate to the core, whizz through it, slow down on the way up and gently step off at the other end. There's a lot of reasons why making the hole would be impossible, but we're not worrying about that here :) If it could be done, it would be stupid fast and safety would be the least of the technical challenges involved.

Ignoring the nontrivial effects of temperature and pressure, you'd be "falling" toward the Earth's center of mass ... until you reached it, screaming along at whatever velocity you had built up.  Then you'd zip past the center and begin slowing down as you got farther and farther toward the other side of the Earth.  Again, ignoring fiddly things like wind resistance and the inevitable collisions with the walls of your hole, you'd slow to zero velocity and start falling back toward the center.  At this point, panic would begin to set in because you'd realize that there's no end to this trip -- remember, we're ignoring all sorts of forces that ought to keep slowly eroding velocity -- and that you're going to spend the rest of eternity like a yo-yo on a string, going back and forth (or up and down if you like) through the center of the Earth.  

All of this is a buildup that reminds me of a well-traveled song ...  

547db72a2a9034c93c458e417ccb3497.png

• Haha 2