8 hours ago, cunomar said:

An ex gf was manic about doors because her two budgies roamed the house free and slept in an open cage .

Interior doors couldn't be shut without extreme care because she had some stupid notion it might cut their feet off if they were perched on top of the door at the time and outside doors were more secure than those in the Kremlin .

Ironically she had like a greenhouse leanto porch on the back door so i took to (when she was out) leaving the back door open and closing the greenhouse door so they could see what might eat them while being unable to escape .

As a result when i opened the front door to leave they would rush to grab me trying to prevent me going out then retreat into the house once i crossed the threshold lol .

Budgies are a nightmare to keep. 

Pet peeve: When uninformed people buy them for their children believing them to make good "starter" pets. 

All budgie owners are either neurotic to start with or become that way because of how ballsy but frail budgies are.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Marigold Devin said:

Budgies are a nightmare to keep. 

Pet peeve: When uninformed people buy them for their children believing them to make good "starter" pets. 

All budgie owners are either neurotic to start with or become that way because of how ballsy but frail budgies are.

What the heck.are budgies?

20 minutes ago, Rowan Amore said:

Budgerigars, a native species originating in Australia, bred in captivity in the UK for pets, live on average around 6 years but can live as long as 14-18 years. 

Edited to change photo to one of our (now sadly deceased) Charley Green, looking wistfully out of the window from her favourite perching spot at all the lovely sparrows and pigeons and robins in the garden.

my budgie.jpg

Edited by Marigold Devin
changed photo as I had inadvertently used the same one as Silent.
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Rowan Amore said:

budgie-pair-birds-4049723-1024x682.jpg

Terrors of the skies! 

Well, almost. That'd be canaries .. My friend had one that was way too social and did not respect my comfort zone at all. I didn't mind another friend's rats zipping up into my beard to nestle against my neck, but birds flopping into your face when you're having breakfast .. Evil little creatures .. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Rowan Amore said:

Don't the fly around and poop on everything or can they be trained?  

They can be trained

, although our budgie trained us really. She tended to poop in two areas of her cage and when she sat atop the curtain rail. The worst thing about them is they chew the wallpaper, the plants (which can be poisonous), the top of the curtains, so you have to give them lots of boredom breakers, wood, toys, and they're very sociable creatures that tend to bond only with one human being and sometimes not at all. 

• Thanks 1

And then there's me, fully aware I'm a 12 year old trapped in a 35 years old body! :D

Petpeeve: Doing a hunt that has you collect points, the items that gives those reset daily. The price I want is 300 points, and how many points did I have in the end? 290. *Bites into the desk* I'm too impatient for this

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

15 minutes ago, Sukubia Scarmon said:

And then there's me, fully aware I'm a 12 year old trapped in a 35 years old body! :D

Petpeeve: Doing a hunt that has you collect points, the items that gives those reset daily. The price I want is 300 points, and how many points did I have in the end? 290. *Bites into the desk* I'm too impatient for this

I can fully identify about being a 12 year old trapped in a 35 59 year old body! I made a comment to some roadworkers yesterday morning, thanking them for resurfacing a stretch of a quiet road with tarmac as it meant I now had a new roller skating rink. The roadworker's face was a picture, disbelieving of course that I really did have rollerskates, and sadly I no longer have a pair, but only because I am afraid I would break a hip if I attempted to move about on wheels nowadays and I just can't take the risk.

Sucks about the points.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

So I enjoy lurking on the "wanted" threads.  I like seeing what people are looking for, seeing if I know what it is and I can help, or if it's something I want to add to my ever expanding inventory too.

A while back, I saw a thread where a chick was looking for a pose.  I kinda liked it, so replied that if she finds out, lemme know!  

A few days ago I received an IM from someone asking if I had found that pose yet, cos they knew where I could find it if I was still looking.  I replied that nope, not found it and it would be awesome to find out where I could get it.

Tonight I log into this...name changed cos he's a butt!

[03:20] Butt: (Saved Wed Mar 16 05:46:01 2022)I'm broke! I would love to receive some money for my information. What do you think about 500 L$ ?

And I wonder why I enjoy my pink fluffy bubble of solitude and oblivion.

• Like 1
  • Haha 5
  • Sad 1

9 hours ago, Myntz Mysterious said:

My SL pet peeve is premium home owners that dont set their parcel to stop media from playing outside their area... 😒

That's my RL peeve too, especially when it's not just music, it's the damned dog in the adjoining house barking because the milkman has come onto the street at 4am.  Ol' Milkie has got a quiet electric vehicle and tries not to clank, that mutt has got extra super hearing. AND A VERY LOUD BARK!

1 hour ago, Marigold Devin said:

That's my RL peeve too, especially when it's not just music, it's the damned dog in the adjoining house barking because the milkman has come onto the street at 4am.

Now I'm peeved we don't have milkmen here. I'd only have to go to the grocery store once or twice a month if I received regular home deliveries of milk. Tea muss sein, eating is an afterthought. 

• Sad 1

14 hours ago, Marigold Devin said:

That's my RL peeve too, especially when it's not just music, it's the damned dog in the adjoining house barking because the milkman has come onto the street at 4am.  Ol' Milkie has got a quiet electric vehicle and tries not to clank, that mutt has got extra super hearing. AND A VERY LOUD BARK!

MIlkman still exist?!?! 😮

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 3/15/2022 at 9:35 PM, Marigold Devin said:

Budgerigars, a native species originating in Australia, bred in captivity in the UK for pets, live on average around 6 years but can live as long as 14-18 years. 

Edited to change photo to one of our (now sadly deceased) Charley Green, looking wistfully out of the window from her favourite perching spot at all the lovely sparrows and pigeons and robins in the garden.

my budgie.jpg

So cute!! 🦜💕💕

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, Orwar said:

Now I'm peeved we don't have milkmen here. I'd only have to go to the grocery store once or twice a month if I received regular home deliveries of milk. Tea muss sein, eating is an afterthought. 

12 minutes ago, Myntz Mysterious said:

MIlkman still exist?!?! 😮

We can still get daily milk delivery in my area.  Lots of people use this service - I see their trucks all the time.  They used to just do milk and other dairy, but they've expanded the options quite a bit.

https://www.royalcrestdairy.com/

• Like 2

Willful Ignorance...Willful ignorance is sometimes referred to as tactical stupidity. Depending on the nature and strength of an individual's pre-existing beliefs, willful ignorance can manifest itself in different ways. The practice can entail completely disregarding established facts, evidence and/or reasonable opinions if they fail to meet one's expectations.

• Like 6

37 minutes ago, Rowan Amore said:

Willful Ignorance...Willful ignorance is sometimes referred to as tactical stupidity. Depending on the nature and strength of an individual's pre-existing beliefs, willful ignorance can manifest itself in different ways. The practice can entail completely disregarding established facts, evidence and/or reasonable opinions if they fail to meet one's expectations.

Add to that:

3767584.jpg

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, Silent Mistwalker said:

Add to that:

Stares intensely at the picture for a few moments.

.. .. Wait, this is no gif! 

• Haha 4