β€‹πŸ¬β€‹ It’s The Great Trick or Treat Event, Bellisseria! β€‹πŸŽƒβ€‹

Patch Linden
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 591 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

20 minutes ago, Frigga Freidman said:

And there's another at a green Shion on the northern edge of Hikaru MoguraΒ - don't fall in the canal!Β 

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1ixifKwScHlxQxfWI2kdT6ZC-4nStZS85tTcGlPPN1Kg/edit#gid=0

a place to post your Candy Bucket location

btw, my BucketOmeterβ„’ Next Gen Stats Powered by AWS show that currently the trick-or-treaters are far outnumbered by the bucket-hosters.... currently there is an 88% chance that if you collect all the candy on the spreadsheet you will win at least one Linden Bear! (in addition to the Witchy Participation Bear, which is the best one)

Edited by diamond Marchant
  • Like 3

6 minutes ago, diamond Marchant said:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1ixifKwScHlxQxfWI2kdT6ZC-4nStZS85tTcGlPPN1Kg/edit#gid=0

a place to post your Candy Bucket location

btw, my BucketOmeter Next Gen Stats Powered by AWS show that currently the trick-or-treaters are far outnumbered by the bucket-hosters.... currently there is an 88% chance that if you collect all the candy on the spreadsheet you will win at least one Linden Bear!

Everyone gets a participation bear.

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, diamond Marchant said:

not required, at least when one of my alts did it

There was a box in the upper right saying: "You're signed in as...". I've just created another gmail address specifically for this. (The last time I tried to create an additional gmail ~4 years ago, my phone number was required, and as I had no desire to give it that went nowhere. But now that's optional information.)

• Like 3

On 10/18/2022 at 11:24 PM, Quartz Mole said:

If, as the owner, you touch your bucket and hold down your left mouse key for at least a second before releasing it, the bucket should tell you how many times it's been touched.

Owner or not, you can just right click the bucket > Edit and the info will be shown in the Description!

(Oops, just saw that @Bela Tolsenmentioned this earlier.)

number.jpg

Edited by Frigga Freidman
credit where credit is due!
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

OKAY!Β  FInally got buckets out.Β  Nika put hers out at her place in Dimanche, where I think a couple of other neighbors beat her to it.

http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Dimanche/181/116/24

That one's pretty straightforward, but Nika's terrible huge dog Flycan (who has acquired a Halloween pal) and her none-too-sweet sister had other ideas.Β  To get to their pumpkin, you have to walk around Nika's house to the back, and over the bridge.Β  There are orbs marking the way, sorta.Β  Sounds and shared environment will work best.Β  Of course, no security anywhere.Β  Feel free to poke around, or maybe play a game of Hangman (of course) on the porch behind where this pic was taken.

pals_001.thumb.jpg.05a765587cecc675a4c4ee15f6ccc1aa.jpg

Β 

I've also put out a couple of other buckets - one at a Log home on the cliffs in Lost Caves, and one on the bay in Coral Cottage (stilt).

Edited by Nika Talaj
  • Like 10
  • Thanks 1

• Moles
16 hours ago, Leora Greenwood said:

Occasionally I would click a candy bucket and see its animation but not hear it and my pumpkin would not increase its count; then when I left for another parcel, the sound and count would happen.Β  Β Parcels with scripts disabled, I am guessing??

I now know what the problem is, or at least why the HUD doesn't update until you leave the parcel if it's a no script parcel, and will fix this in next year's HUD (assuming there is one, of course).Β  Β 

If anyone's interested, it's because I'd forgotten that my trick to keep scripts in attachments running on parcels with scripts turned off, calling llTakeControls in the run_time_permissions event, protects only scripts in the same prim as the script that has taken controls.Β  Β The script that updates the HUD display is in a child prim, so I need to drop a separate script into that to take controls there, too, or have the script we use to handle the display take controls, too.

That doesn't explain why the sounds didn't play, since the bucket plays those, so I suspect that may have been because sounds were restricted to the parcel only and you were not on the parcel.Β  Or it may have been some breakdown in communication between the server and your computer.Β  Β 

Thanks to @Paulsianfor pointing me to some parcels where I could test the bug in the wild.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 3

5 hours ago, Slenderman Grumpypants said:

Since "Anonymous Users" continue to delete the Slenderman Gallery entry on the google sheets...

Will place the SLURL right here for those looking for a most EVIL challenge to find Slenderman's candy....

So far 30 Trick or Treaters have managed to find it...

http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Ant Hill/226/217/52

Maybe it is because your SLURL is a location over 3500 meters from your candy bucket. Btw I didn’t do it. Love the candy corn wallpaper.

Edited by diamond Marchant

2 hours ago, Cinnamon Mistwood said:

The actual number is probably only 5.Β  The rest were just told where to look by their friendsΒ πŸ˜„

Numbers do get inflated by alts too. My alt spent hours there looking and finally found it.Β  I breezed through in about 10 minutes because I knew what my alt did..

• Like 4

I've not used Google spreadsheets before this, but it seems we all have full admin rights, which is what is causing the issues... but also meant I did battle during my teabreak. I believe the older entries are now locked to new edits. You can also thank me for it not being in bright red Comic Sans.

Anything I've done can be changed by anyone else, but it should hopefully block any random deletions from people who are just not that great at copy/pasting (a lot of the recent deletions I saw looked like copy/paste errors).

It would be possible to restore the old list, but that would remove all the recent entries. I strongly suggest people just use the version history to view the old versions for the links and not restore it. I can't stop anyone, because we're all admins, but I'm asking very nicely for you to just view the old versions. So, that said, look at the version history under the file menu at the top of the spreadsheet.... every link is saved in the backups there.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

I get the impression that most people are just walking the spreadsheet and very few are hunting for pumpkins that are not listed on it. Most of my pumpkins candy given count is in the teens. One is only at 12. I spoke to someone who is on the spreadsheet and their candy given count is over 200.

My alts collectively have 7 pumpkins out... all in plain site and easily spotted from anywhere near the entrance to the home. But none of them are on the spreadsheet (at least I didnt put them there if they are) and only 1 is listed on the forum list. The one on the forum list is at 47.

I am guessing the top 10 winners will be those who are searching the regions in addition to using the spreadsheet and the forum list. I think they will have earned their prize, cuz searching the regions is a lot more work than just walking a spreadsheet list.

But hopefully everyone is having fun, no matter what method they are using.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Teresa Firelight said:

I get the impression that most people are just walking the spreadsheet and very few are hunting for pumpkins that are not listed on it. Most of my pumpkins candy given count is in the teens. One is only at 12. I spoke to someone who is on the spreadsheet and their candy given count is over 200.

My alts collectively have 7 pumpkins out... all in plain site and easily spotted from anywhere near the entrance to the home. But none of them are on the spreadsheet (at least I didnt put them there if they are) and only 1 is listed on the forum list. The one on the forum list is at 47.

I am guessing the top 10 winners will be those who are searching the regions in addition to using the spreadsheet and the forum list. I think they will have earned their prize, cuz searching the regions is a lot more work than just walking a spreadsheet list.

But hopefully everyone is having fun, no matter what method they are using.

Have I found any of yours, yet?Β  I am only walking, running, flying.Β  If I found one, you got a thank you message.Β  I have found several very low count pumpkins πŸŽƒΒ 

5 minutes ago, Cinnamon Mistwood said:

Have I found any of yours, yet?Β  I am only walking, running, flying.Β  If I found one, you got a thank you message.Β  I have found several very low count pumpkins πŸŽƒΒ 

Yes, my male alt on Bon Vivant (and his orange tabby cat) got a message from you.  That was very sweet, thank you!  🐈

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Teresa Firelight said:

I get the impression that most people are just walking the spreadsheet and very few are hunting for pumpkins that are not listed on it.

My property listed on the spreadsheet is at about 80 clicks, but I added it late and then it got deleted for a while.Β  Interestingly, the nextdoor bucket that you get to by walking through a spooky garden has the same number of clicks.Β  I don't know if people are actually WALKING there, tho ... haven't bothered to check.Β  Other properties are at 20-30, except for one where the pumpkin is only visible from the water, which is at 13.Β  It doesn't bother me.

While poking around looking for Chloe's bucket I found one where a person had put a vendor right next to their bucket - it was both funny and a little sad.Β  Don't do it, people, you WILL be AR'd!

People are also using tools that make it possible to quickly find all the buckets in a region.Β  If that's how some people have the most fun, mazeltov.Β  Of course the moles could do things to try to defeat such tools using "area search" defeating techniques, but why bother?Β  That would just make those people feel bad.

• Like 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 591 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.