β€‹πŸ¬β€‹ It’s The Great Trick or Treat Event, Bellisseria! β€‹πŸŽƒβ€‹

Patch Linden
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 546 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

For the more serious hunters... there are 3 buckets on Haddock ... two on the piers and one on the island. The ones on the piers dont have a lot of hits, but the one on the island does... so guessing that one is in a list somewhere.

But if you are looking for buckets not on the list, I suggest you search Haddock Piers.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

As someone who spent a little time with the list, and a little time just wandering:

1) The list lead me to places I'd probably not have found otherwise - quite neat decorated places. Β 

2) I switched to random wandering because I wanted to see if I could find any. Which lead to about an hour wandering through roughly 15 regions and finding 3 buckets.Β 

So this is one of those, probably already known but I'll note anyway: if you have a bucket out and you are sad it hasn't had much in the way of visitors: Bellisseria has grown huge. And it is quite depressing to go through 15 regions, find only 3 buckets, and most of the rest of the places being undecorated (though my favorite halloween themed place I found wasn't on any of the lists, nor did it have a bucket out on it.) So I, for one, stopped wandering. That's just me, though.Β 

Edited by PJBear
add word
  • Like 5

If you are like me and have become addicted to the clicking and "dun da dah" tune of those sparkly little pumpkins, you have probably exhausted your way through the lists and threads in this forum to find every pumpkin you can.Β  Then, like me,Β  you may have turned to the random wandering which takes more time and can be much less fruitful.Β  I agree with @PJBearthat it can be frustrating.Β  I changed my random wandering to follow certain patterns that have found me more pumpkins so I thought I would share my observations.

1. I have found considerably more pumpkins just randomly wandering through the victorian and traditional regions, the vics especially.Β  This may be because more of the homes have residents in these regions and also because walking around is easier since there is more land mass and less cul-de-sacs.

2.Β  There seem to be more pumpkins around linden homes on or near water, perhaps because people really into linden homes are pickier about their locations and are willing to roll many times to get a place near a unique feature such as water frontage or a waterfall, a lighthouse, a railroad station, a community center, etc..Β  These die-hard Bellisserians are more apt to participate and put out a pumpkin.Β  I have found quite a few unlisted pumpkins just by wandering the streets bordering coastlines.

3.Β  It is easier to find more pumpkins in areas with a lot of waterways by either boating or walking through the canals and inlets.Β  I have found this to be a good strategy for the houseboats, the stilts and the sakuras.Β  Also somewhat for the fantasy homes and the chalets, but there seem to be unoccupied regions in those areas that may not have made their way up through the queue when people are rolling for houses in those themes.Β  If you are going by boat you may want to use a wearable canoe to avoid rezzing issues.Β 

4.Β  My most important observation is that while searching for pumpkins, my mindset changed from just searching for pumpkins to really taking a look around and admiring the vastness, beauty, and sheer brilliance of Bellisseria. It really boggles my mind!Β  Hats off to Linden Labs and the Moles for this amazing creation.Β  And I don't want to leave out the beautiful decor and creative decorations of the residents especially for those who went all out on the Halloween theme.Β  I have been delighted and inspired by all of you.

If I win anything from all of my pumpkin-searching adventures, that would certainly be nice, but if I don't win anything, I have really enjoyed the exploring I would have never done if not for this event.Β 

Hope you are having or have had as much fun trick-or-treating as I have!Β  Happy Halloween!

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

57 minutes ago, Thea Atheria said:

If you are like me and have become addicted to the clicking and "dun da dah" tune of those sparkly little pumpkins, you have probably exhausted your way through the lists and threads in this forum to find every pumpkin you can.Β  Then, like me,Β  you may have turned to the random wandering which takes more time and can be much less fruitful.Β  I agree with @PJBearthat it can be frustrating.Β  I changed my random wandering to follow certain patterns that have found me more pumpkins so I thought I would share my observations.

1. I have found considerably more pumpkins just randomly wandering through the victorian and traditional regions, the vics especially.Β  This may be because more of the homes have residents in these regions and also because walking around is easier since there is more land mass and less cul-de-sacs.

2.Β  There seem to be more pumpkins around linden homes on or near water, perhaps because people really into linden homes are pickier about their locations and are willing to roll many times to get a place near a unique feature such as water frontage or a waterfall, a lighthouse, a railroad station, a community center, etc..Β  These die-hard Bellisserians are more apt to participate and put out a pumpkin.Β  I have found quite a few unlisted pumpkins just by wandering the streets bordering coastlines.

3.Β  It is easier to find more pumpkins in areas with a lot of waterways by either boating or walking through the canals and inlets.Β  I have found this to be a good strategy for the houseboats, the stilts and the sakuras.Β  Also somewhat for the fantasy homes and the chalets, but there seem to be unoccupied regions in those areas that may not have made their way up through the queue when people are rolling for houses in those themes.Β  If you are going by boat you may want to use a wearable canoe to avoid rezzing issues.Β 

4.Β  My most important observation is that while searching for pumpkins, my mindset changed from just searching for pumpkins to really taking a look around and admiring the vastness, beauty, and sheer brilliance of Bellisseria. It really boggles my mind!Β  Hats off to Linden Labs and the Moles for this amazing creation.Β  And I don't want to leave out the beautiful decor and creative decorations of the residents especially for those who went all out on the Halloween theme.Β  I have been delighted and inspired by all of you.

If I win anything from all of my pumpkin-searching adventures, that would certainly be nice, but if I don't win anything, I have really enjoyed the exploring I would have never done if not for this event.Β 

Hope you are having or have had as much fun trick-or-treating as I have!Β  Happy Halloween!

Yes, this.Β  It is easier to navigate while walking, running or bicycling in the Trad and Vic regions.Β  I am still sending Thank You IMs to every parcel owner with a bucket.Β  Some of these thank you's are more elaborate than others.Β  If anyone has decorated their entire house or yard, I have gone through it and your IM from me was more of a roleplay story. I really enjoyed writing some of these notes and going through these creative parcels.Β  I am up to 221 thank you notes.Β  I have not used any of the lists to TP around.Β  Many of the low-count buckets are 20 to 30 clicks, so I know at least a few people are wandering around like I am.

However:

I have gotten a few error messages yesterday and today saying:

"The Bellisseria Halloween Candy Bucket is in use at the moment.Β  Please be patient."

There isn't anyone around clicking the bucket and even after a few minutes the same error message pops up.Β  I have been sending the parcel owner a funny note about not getting any candy and crying.Β  I am not sure if they just need to re-rez a new bucket or what.

Β 

Β 

• Like 2

@Patch LindenΒ - All of the buckets that I'm trying to hit currently are giving the following message (with nobody else being in the entire Region even):

Β "Bellisseria Trick or Treat 2022 - Candy Bucket V7.0: The Bellisseria Halloween Candy Bucket is in use at the moment. Β Please be patient"

Β 

I've TP'd to about 10 now and all give that message whether or not anyone is around.

Β 

And I just noticed that every time I wear the Bucket, it detaches within a second or two.

Edited by LittleMe Jewell
  • Like 2

28 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

@Patch LindenΒ - All of the buckets that I'm trying to hit currently are giving the following message (with nobody else being in the entire Region even):

Β "Bellisseria Trick or Treat 2022 - Candy Bucket V7.0: The Bellisseria Halloween Candy Bucket is in use at the moment. Β Please be patient"

Β 

I've TP'd to about 10 now and all give that message whether or not anyone is around.

Β 

And I just noticed that every time I wear the Bucket, it detaches within a second or two.

I had to re-rez all of mine to get them to work again.Β  Today may be a bit of a washout since not everyone logs in every day.Β  Those buckets will be unusable for candy collection.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Cinnamon Mistwood said:

I had to re-rez all of mine to get them to work again.Β  Today may be a bit of a washout since not everyone logs in every day.Β  Those buckets will be unusable for candy collection.

I popped over to your Lookout Below house and still get the message.Β Β 

There is definitely an issue though because I can't get the HUD to stay attached.Β  I did immediately click your bucket right after attaching my HUD, before it auto-detached, but I still got the message.

• Sad 1

@Abnor Mole, @Quartz MoleΒ - Couple more tags in case Patch is off doing RL things today (cuz he is totally entitled to do so).

See this post:

57 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

Β 

Β 

Β 

• Thanks 2

• Moles
5 hours ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

Β 

Β 

Β 

4 hours ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

@Abnor Mole, @Quartz MoleΒ - Couple more tags in case Patch is off doing RL things today (cuz he is totally entitled to do so).

See this post:

Β 

Thanks for the reports.Β  This is happening because of some work Google seem to be doing with Google Sheets, which are part of our record-keeping process.Β  Β When the buckets try to post data about someone collecting a candy, they're receiving the electronic equivalent of "the web page you requested is temporarily unavailable," and that's stalling them.

I've seen this happen once before with Google Sheets (not with the candy buckets).Β  Β It lasted for a few hours and then things went back to normal.

I'm really sorry -- it's very frustrating (and it's meant I've had to suspend work on an urgent project, too) but there's nothing I can do about it, I'm afraid.Β  Β 

Once Google fix things at their end, the buckets should be able to reset themselves and start working about, but in the meantime we just have to be patient and wait.Β  Β 

Edited by Quartz Mole
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 10

26 minutes ago, Quartz Mole said:

Β 

Thanks for the reports.Β  This is happened because of some work Google seem to be doing with Google Sheets, which are part of our record-keeping process.Β  Β When the buckets try to post data about someone collecting a candy, they're receiving the electronic equivalent of "the web page you requested is temporarily unavailable," and that's stalling them.

I've seen this happen once before with Google Sheets (not with the candy buckets).Β  Β It lasted for a few hours and then things went back to normal.

I'm really sorry -- it's very frustrating (and it's meant I've had to suspend work on an urgent project, too) but there's nothing I can do about it, I'm afraid.Β  Β 

Once Google fix things at their end, the buckets should be able to reset themselves and start working about, but in the meantime we just have to be patient and wait.Β  Β 

Thanks Abnor ❀️  I thought I remembered something like this happening last year, but maybe I am remembering wrong.Β  Anyway, patience...Β  UghΒ πŸ˜„

image.jpeg.99d0e08d27456b705fefdfc5626cf75d.jpeg

Β 

• Like 2

• Moles
14 minutes ago, Kira Trafalgar said:

Ok, so we won't have to reset the pumpkins ourselves? 'Cause I did mine about a half hour ago and it seemed to work, but my alt's is broken too and she hasn't been by to fix it...

Β 

Resetting the bucket will make it touchable again, but the next time someone touches it, unless Google returns the expected confirmation, it will stall again.

The bucket will keep on trying to contact Google until it's successful and, once it is, it should start operating as normal.Β  Β So there's no need to keep re-rezzing the buckets.Β  Β  Β The problem will persist until things are sorted out at Google's end, I'm afraid, but then they'll clear themselves automatically.

• Thanks 2

• Moles
11 minutes ago, Snowlord said:

Thanks for the updates! now I just am hoping the buckets I clicked that were "busy" won't register that I had already clicked them or my Hud will update with those I did. lol. time will tell!!Β  we're on end game now πŸŽƒ

No, if you get the "busy" message, you can return to the bucket and click it once it's working again, and then it should play the animation and update your HUD.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

@Quartz MoleΒ Is there any chance we can be given an extra day to collect candy since Sunday was more or less a total bust?Β  The buckets are still not working as of 4:49 pm SLT.Β Β 

I know one resident who is waiting outside and replacing their bucket each time someone clicks it, which is absolutely amazing and going above and beyond, but there are a lot of dead buckets out there right now.Β  Google really needs to get its act together.Β 

Β 

Β 

• Moles
1 hour ago, Lysistrata Szapira said:

@Quartz MoleΒ Is there any chance we can be given an extra day to collect candy since Sunday was more or less a total bust?Β  The buckets are still not working as of 4:49 pm SLT.Β Β 

I know one resident who is waiting outside and replacing their bucket each time someone clicks it, which is absolutely amazing and going above and beyond, but there are a lot of dead buckets out there right now.Β  Google really needs to get its act together.Β 

Β 

Β 

That's not up to me.Β  Β I'veΒ  messaged the Linden who is overseeing the hunt to tell them what's happened (linking to this thread) and we'll doubtless discussΒ  it tomorrow when they get to work.Β  Β  Β We'll just have to hope that Google sheets are responding by then, and see what happens.Β 

I have to say, though, that there are technical reasons why extending the hunt isn't as easy as you might think.Β Β 

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 546 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.