β€‹πŸ¬β€‹ It’s The Great Trick or Treat Event, Bellisseria! β€‹πŸŽƒβ€‹

Patch Linden
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 546 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

This is my first time to participate in this event, either as a host (of a bucket) or as a trick or treater. I am curious... I know it's only been open a few hours but my bucket literally has only been clicked once. And that was by me. Is that normal? And I've been out hunting and hunting and I've only found a handful of buckets myself. Also, is that normal? Bellisseria is a huge place. I can't imagine how much patience it must take to collect enough numbers to even think you MIGHT have a chance in the competition. Is there a leaderboard somewhere so people can see what they're up against? Please understand I am not whining at all. I'm just trying to understand.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Liberty Marques said:

This is my first time to participate in this event, either as a host (of a bucket) or as a trick or treater. I am curious... I know it's only been open a few hours but my bucket literally has only been clicked once. And that was by me. Is that normal? And I've been out hunting and hunting and I've only found a handful of buckets myself. Also, is that normal? Bellisseria is a huge place. I can't imagine how much patience it must take to collect enough numbers to even think you MIGHT have a chance in the competition. Is there a leaderboard somewhere so people can see what they're up against? Please understand I am not whining at all. I'm just trying to understand.

It just opened. And it also helps to share your slurl.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Liberty Marques said:

Hi Liberty! As far as I know theres no way we know how many candy others colllected... unless they say or post their huds.

There are a googles list https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1ixifKwScHlxQxfWI2kdT6ZC-4nStZS85tTcGlPPN1Kg/edit#gid=0

You can also write your address there if you want or here as many did, some prefer not to disclose theirs, so its up to you.

You can follow a group that is sharing it or team up with some friends.

I am looking here and the googles list and do some flying around as well.

Most important is to find a way to suits you and have fun!

Happy Hunting! πŸ‘»

Β 

Β 

Β 

Edited by Bela Tolsen
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

My first found great trick or treat candy bucket of the season, woot! I'm not using lists, my strategyΒ is to run around in random directions like real life. I was happy playing and then getting the participation prize at the end last year. Should be way more candy buckets out this year, still early more and more candy buckets will put out as holiday get closer.Β 

Annotation 2022-10-18 163331.png

• Like 9

46 minutes ago, Liberty Marques said:

This is my first time to participate in this event, either as a host (of a bucket) or as a trick or treater. I am curious... I know it's only been open a few hours but my bucket literally has only been clicked once. And that was by me. Is that normal? And I've been out hunting and hunting and I've only found a handful of buckets myself. Also, is that normal?Β 

There is no way of knowing how many people have clicked your bucket. I had a wander round the region's near me and only a neighbour in my home region has another bucket out so far. If you do want more clicks on your own bucket post your location on here having put mine I have had several people at least come and find mineΒ 

8 minutes ago, Claireschen Hesten said:

There is no way of knowing how many people have clicked your bucket. I had a wander round the region's near me and only a neighbour in my home region has another bucket out so far. If you do want more clicks on your own bucket post your location on here having put mine I have had several people at least come and find mineΒ 

Actually there is... if you just mouse point to yours or anyones bucket you will read in "description" the number of clicks.

clicks.png.7274b2b463419ba2b0445f29affe8928.png

Β 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Liberty Marques said:

That's normal for a bucket that isn't shared. Those of us searching every region will find it, but it takes the whole event time to search every region. It can't be done in a few hours. Nothing to worry about as there are no prizes for getting the most clicks on a bucket.

Last time, the top looked to be in about the 1000 candies and up area, but they didn't announce the final scores.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

• Moles
39 minutes ago, Claireschen Hesten said:

If, as the owner, you touch your bucket and hold down your left mouse key for at least a second before releasing it, the bucket should tell you how many times it's been touched.

Edited by Quartz Mole
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 4

45 minutes ago, Claireschen Hesten said:

There is absolutely a way of knowing how many people have clicked on your bucket. Click and hold for two seconds on your bucket and it will tell you in local chat how many people have gotten candy from it. Did you think I just made it up that I was the only one who had clicked on my bucket? lol

22 minutes ago, Polenth Yue said:

That's normal for a bucket that isn't shared. Those of us searching every region will find it, but it takes the whole event time to search every region. It can't be done in a few hours. Nothing to worry about as there are no prizes for getting the most clicks on a bucket.

Last time, the top looked to be in about the 1000 candies and up area, but they didn't announce the final scores.

That is very helpful information. Thank you. I wasn't worried about prizes for most clicks, though. lol I just wondered how people found them in such a vast area. I had no idea there were groups and pages and search teams and whole google docs dedicated to this thing. lol It's incredible! I'm honestly amazed at how dedicated people are to it! πŸ™‚

• Like 2

1 hour ago, AzureWaves said:

It just opened. And it also helps to share your slurl.

Since it's my first time to do this, I honestly had no idea that posting your SLURL was even a thing. Now that I know, it will be posted in the Google doc that is going around. Here's wishing everyone a super fun event. Thanks for your response. ☺️

• Like 4

Β  Β  /)Β  Β /)
ΰ¬ͺ(ΛΆβ€’-β€’ΛΆ)ଓ 
Β /γ₯ πŸŽƒγ₯ ˖⁺. ΰΌΆ β‹†Λ™βŠΉ

𝘌𝘯𝘀𝘩𝘒𝘯𝘡𝘦π˜₯Β  𝘏𝘒𝘭𝘭𝘰𝘸𝘦𝘦𝘯  𝘒𝘭𝘭 𝘡𝘩𝘦 𝘣𝘢𝘀𝘬𝘦𝘡 π˜ͺ𝘴 𝘰𝘢𝘡 𝘧π˜ͺ𝘭𝘭𝘦π˜₯ 𝘸π˜ͺ𝘡𝘩 𝘀𝘒𝘯π˜₯𝘺 π˜ͺ𝘡𝘴 𝘰𝘯 𝘡𝘩𝘦 𝘧𝘳𝘰𝘯𝘡.Β 

You can find the house with the candy bucket in theΒ Princess Caroline areaΒ Β http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Princess Caroline/203/196/29

Β 

Some extra treats harvest of food & enchantment can rest from the long walk also their is a bike rezzer make your travels easy door to door.Β 

buckrt678.jpg

buckrt56.jpg

bucketlist.jpg

Edited by Essence Amore
  • Like 16
  • Thanks 1

My alt just checked her bucket and it's been clicked 9 times. Mine's been clicked 37 times.Β  I posted the addy for both of our buckets on the spreadsheet.Β  I also posted in this thread and in the trick or treat thread that my house is in Knebworth.Β  I'm not trying to get more than the participation bear for myself But I am wandering around looking for candy and still trying to find whatever Maximus Mole lost.Β 

• Like 4

• Moles
4 minutes ago, Leora Greenwood said:

Occasionally I would click a candy bucket and see its animation but not hear it and my pumpkin would not increase its count; then when I left for another parcel, the sound and count would happen.Β  Β Parcels with scripts disabled, I am guessing??

It should work whether or not scripts are disabled on the parcel.Β  Β If it happens again, please send me a slurl for the parcel and I'll go over and take a look.Β  Β It may just have been a temporary delay in communications between the HUD and the dataserver -- when the bucket plays the animation it also tells the HUD to check your updated score by reading a KVP key, and that can sometimes take a few seconds to happen.Β  Β  Β But certainly the parcel settings shouldn't normally affect whether the HUD works.

You may not be hearing the bucket play the sounds if you're not not on the parcel and the owner has restricted sounds to their parcel or it may be because of some communications issue between the simulator and your computer.Β  Β 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, Leora Greenwood said:

Occasionally I would click a candy bucket and see its animation but not hear it and my pumpkin would not increase its count; then when I left for another parcel, the sound and count would happen.Β  Β Parcels with scripts disabled, I am guessing??

I noticed that too yesterday was on a parcel that did not have that little no script allowed icon on the address bar but candy count was not updated until I left the parcel. I stood there for a while waiting and clicked the pumpkin again and it told me I need to leave in so many words lol. If/when it happens again i'll message quartz mole the location for troubleshooting.Β 

• Like 3

48 minutes ago, Quartz Mole said:

It should work whether or not scripts are disabled on the parcel.Β  Β If it happens again, please send me a slurl for the parcel and I'll go over and take a look.Β  Β It may just have been a temporary delay in communications between the HUD and the dataserver -- when the bucket plays the animation it also tells the HUD to check your updated score by reading a KVP key, and that can sometimes take a few seconds to happen.Β  Β  Β But certainly the parcel settings shouldn't normally affect whether the HUD works.

You may not be hearing the bucket play the sounds if you're not not on the parcel and the owner has restricted sounds to their parcel or it may be because of some communications issue between the simulator and your computer.Β  Β 

Sending one your way just happened in chalet area.Β 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 546 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.