​🍬​ It’s The Great Trick or Treat Event, Bellisseria! ​🎃​

Patch Linden
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 563 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

18 minutes ago, Baiphen Quintessa said:

Sorry to change the subject of the much debated borked buckets (which, while it did suck that I couldn't go trick or treating, I was getting frustrated with continually finding buckets I had already found. Grrrr...) how exactly does this event end. I mean do I collect my bucket from my front porch and take the HUD off and just go about my day? Do I have to click something? I'm sure it's written down somewhere but I'm honestly too lazy to look and a lot of you have done this before whilst I'm a newbie. Thank you everyone and HAPPY HALLOWEEN! Stay safe tonight.

You have to collect your participation bear from a sign near where you picked up the HUD and bucket.  I think the other awards are sent manually to the winners. I'm sure someone will come along and call me stupid if I'm wrong. You could check the note card that came with the bucket and HUD.

• Thanks 2

45 minutes ago, Baiphen Quintessa said:

Sorry to change the subject of the much debated borked buckets (which, while it did suck that I couldn't go trick or treating, I was getting frustrated with continually finding buckets I had already found. Grrrr...) how exactly does this event end. I mean do I collect my bucket from my front porch and take the HUD off and just go about my day? Do I have to click something? I'm sure it's written down somewhere but I'm honestly too lazy to look and a lot of you have done this before whilst I'm a newbie. Thank you everyone and HAPPY HALLOWEEN! Stay safe tonight.

Not sure if this has been answered yet but ...

Just look at the "Original Post" on this thread, it explains everything :)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Baiphen Quintessa said:

The buckets deleted themselves last year. It'd be great if people could leave them for the last hours of the hunt, as some people will be hunting right up to the end.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Traci Quandry said:

And idea for next year ,the peep with the pumpkin that has the most candy gave away gets a prize. May encourage more peeps  

I think it would be cool to have other factors involved in the same hunt style but i don't know about the counts on a bucket. it would just create more spamming multiple times in chat. so there would have to be rules set. i don't think it would work very well. 

• Like 4

I haz a question. Earlier, when the buckets were fixed. I went to the Animal Sanctuary to check on ours, just gave it a lil clicky click wiff ma paw. And boom! It gave me a candy. Was that supposed to happen? Because I rezzed it out and thought that was not possible. 😮

🐹

Yep, enjoyed doing this. I'll be happy to get at least the participation bear:) It'll be interesting to see what the highest number of candies gained is, considering 900 buckets were taken (I imagine not everyone put theirs out though).  I can see this getting harder each year with more participants and candy to chase. But it's fun, and a great way to explore Bellisseria, and see the seasonal decor too.  I think we should have seasonal hunts  - Easter, Halloween, Christmas, or at least something similar, even if one or two of those are Linden run hunts.  Moar candy!!!🍬😄🍭

58 minutes ago, Lysistrata Szapira said:

@Quartz Mole Any updates after the hunt closed?  I haven't heard anything about bear distribution (other than the witchy bear that is dispensed at the sign in Millbank). 

I imagine it will take them a little time to tally up the numbers and work on the distribution. Along with all the other digging tasks those Moley's haz to do hehe :)

🐹

I really enjoyed this Halloween.  I offer thanks to all residents for the lack of acrimony in the forums or inworld :)  Even under the stress of the buckets going AOL for a while near the end (sort of like getting a quick hailstorm on Halloween RL, yes?), people were pretty mellow.

I received 3 personalized thank-yous inworld, and those really made it special.  I don't generally ToT myself much, but if I'm around next year I may do a little around Belli neighborhoods I live in, and send thank-yous.

LL has picked up the buckets :) I have one idea for next year - how about a special bear for people who put out buckets?

Personally, I'm not interested in having a competition for whose bucket gets the most clicks.  Seems to me to just add another thing for people to try to game.  My most visited bucket ended up with something like 130 clicks, which gave me good feels.

• Like 6

Thank you LL and the Moleys for the event it was cool to visit lots of homes with the decorations, and see how twisted and evil some peoples imaginations are :D

And thanks for the mummy bear :)  I was not expecting to be in the 100!

Now I would just like to redeem my haul of virtual candies for real ones.....

• Like 2

• Moles
8 hours ago, Lysistrata Szapira said:

@Quartz Mole Any updates after the hunt closed?  I haven't heard anything about bear distribution (other than the witchy bear that is dispensed at the sign in Millbank). 

I've provided Derrick Linden with data about people's scores, and I'm sure things will start to happen before too long.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

its great that the buckets started working again, after i went to work.  i am very disappointed that with the broken buckets and a busy RL, that i wasnt able to collect more than i did. especially being 9 months pregnant and my son being born on the 28th, after 12 hours of labor. i think this should have been extended to make up for the days the buckets were broken. just sayin.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 563 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.