β€‹πŸ¬β€‹ It’s The Great Trick or Treat Event, Bellisseria! β€‹πŸŽƒβ€‹

Patch Linden
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 546 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Well, I just logged in and actually got a top 100 giftie.Β  I didn't TP or use a list and I didn't play the last 2 days at all.Β  I stopped at every candy bucket long enough to leave the parcel owner a note or story, played with the decorations and even went through several of the open houses, cafes, galleries, and haunted houses.

The extra bear was a nice surprise.Β  Thank you, Lindens and Moles, and everyone who was involved in all that scripting, last minute problem solving, and time invested in a fun activity for the residents.Β  Thank you Bellisserians for taking the time to put out a bucket and/or decorating in such fantastic, unique, and amazing ways just to make the adventure fun for others.Β  This avatar noticed all the work and appreciates it very much.

• Like 16

2 hours ago, Littlemouse Topaz said:

its great that the buckets started working again, after i went to work.Β  i am very disappointed that with the broken buckets and a busy RL, that i wasnt able to collect more than i did. especially being 9 months pregnant and my son being born on the 28th, after 12 hours of labor. i think this should have been extended to make up for the days the buckets were broken. just sayin.

Β 

Do you live in a country without maternity leave?

1 hour ago, Cinnamon Mistwood said:

Well, I just logged in and actually got a top 100 giftie.Β  I didn't TP or use a list and I didn't play the last 2 days at all.Β  I stopped at every candy bucket long enough to leave the parcel owner a note or story, played with the decorations and even went through several of the open houses, cafes, galleries, and haunted houses.

The extra bear was a nice surprise.Β  Thank you, Lindens and Moles, and everyone who was involved in all that scripting, last minute problem solving, and time invested in a fun activity for the residents.Β  Thank you Bellisserians for taking the time to put out a bucket and/or decorating in such fantastic, unique, and amazing ways just to make the adventure fun for others.Β  This avatar noticed all the work and appreciates it very much.

I visited you to get the spider hugs! I had to go back a second time actually, because the spiders weren't hugging the first time. Lots of fun open houses this time and I didn't get banned from anywhere, unlike last year where it was an issue. More people are getting the idea that events like this happen.

• Like 7

I wanna thank Lindens and Moles team that organized this great, really great trick or treat event!

To visiting and admiring new places, the awesome Halloween decorations, the challenge of finding some buckets, clever hiding inside decorations as many did or as a hunt inside a hunt as Slenderman did, all that made my fun!

I like the democratic way of all could hunt and we could host even with orb mode on having the bucket on click range. Who wanted to share location, shared. Competition and fun, one or another or both combined, was a hunt for all.

My special thank you to @Polenth Yue that step up and took care of the google list, to @Quartz Mole always present and helpful here and to @Cinnamon Mistwood that was so kind and lovely writing cute notes to us on each bucket she got candy in great sport spirit!

And thank you each one of you here for the fun and candies! Hopefully see you all next year! πŸ¬πŸŽƒπŸ‘»πŸ§Έ

Edited by Bela Tolsen
ma english thing lol
  • Like 12
  • Thanks 1

18 hours ago, Littlemouse Topaz said:

its great that the buckets started working again, after i went to work.Β  i am very disappointed that with the broken buckets and a busy RL, that i wasnt able to collect more than i did. especially being 9 months pregnant and my son being born on the 28th, after 12 hours of labor. i think this should have been extended to make up for the days the buckets were broken. just sayin.

Β 

It was already explained by the Moles in this thread, that there were reasons as to why they could not extend the event timeline. And to be fair, everyone lost out on some time collecting in the last two days. But we also had a few weeks prior to that to do our best and get as much as we could (rl permitting of course).

It was unfortunate that there was a pause for the event. But none of us can control a system that has went down, including LL. These things just happen from time to time.Β  Hopefully next year there will be no hiccups :)

🐹

Edited by JessycaJayne
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 4

8 minutes ago, Eden Heartsong said:

How do we claim our bears or did it get sent and I missed it because I was capped?

If it is just the participation bear, go back to the place where you got your HUD and there is a new sign for claiming the bear.Β  The links are in the first post of this thread.

If it is one of the winning categories of Top nn, then you will get notified.Β  Last year, if I remember correctly, I got an IM with a notecard and the bear delivered to me.

Edited by LittleMe Jewell
  • Like 3

Well, I had a great time.Β  I didn't ToT very hard and I only collected 54 candies, but I had a blast and one bear is enough for me.Β  I missed out on all the drama of the broken buckets since RL took up all of my time for the last 8 days or so of the hunt.Β  I'm glad it was fixed before the actual traditional time for trick or treating.Β  I'm sad though that the buckets were collected before I had a chance to see how many visitors I had.Β  And a special thank you to @Cinnamon Mistwood for her creative thank you note:

She said: /me slides up to the house and startles as it darkens to pitch black.Β  She feel her way forward carefully with one hand out in front of her in the general direction of the candy bucket.Β  After tripping awkwardly on the steps she pitches sideways into the arms of a skeleton.Β  The panic rises further as she pulls out karate moves she didn't know she knew after her face lands in a spiderweb.Β  She lets out a soundless scream and peddles backwards falling off the deck and into the soft sand.Β  She was last seen running down the road screaming aboutΒ  utter darkness and vowing to call the housing authority.
(Saved Thu Oct 27 23:05:34 2022)Trick-or-Treat!Β  Thank you for candies Nom Nom Nom.Β  Happy Hlloween!!!

• Like 5
  • Haha 2

4 hours ago, kali Wylder said:

Well, I had a great time.Β  I didn't ToT very hard and I only collected 54 candies, but I had a blast and one bear is enough for me.Β  I missed out on all the drama of the broken buckets since RL took up all of my time for the last 8 days or so of the hunt.Β  I'm glad it was fixed before the actual traditional time for trick or treating.Β  I'm sad though that the buckets were collected before I had a chance to see how many visitors I had.Β  And a special thank you to @Cinnamon Mistwood for her creative thank you note:

She said: /me slides up to the house and startles as it darkens to pitch black.Β  She feel her way forward carefully with one hand out in front of her in the general direction of the candy bucket.Β  After tripping awkwardly on the steps she pitches sideways into the arms of a skeleton.Β  The panic rises further as she pulls out karate moves she didn't know she knew after her face lands in a spiderweb.Β  She lets out a soundless scream and peddles backwards falling off the deck and into the soft sand.Β  She was last seen running down the road screaming aboutΒ  utter darkness and vowing to call the housing authority.
(Saved Thu Oct 27 23:05:34 2022)Trick-or-Treat!Β  Thank you for candies Nom Nom Nom.Β  Happy Hlloween!!!

πŸ˜„Β I wrote so many different notes that I forgot which ones I left where.Β  Writing those was actually the most fun I had during the candy hunting.Β  Got a little thrill every time I checked to see who owned the parcel and recognized the name.Β  When I logged in the next day, I always had a few nice notes back from residents I had visited.Β  Worth it!Β  I just wanted to give people a smile.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Cinnamon Mistwood said:

πŸ˜„Β I wrote so many different notes that I forgot which ones I left where.Β  Writing those was actually the most fun I had during the candy hunting.Β  Got a little thrill every time I checked to see who owned the parcel and recognized the name.Β  When I logged in the next day, I always had a few nice notes back from residents I had visited.Β  Worth it!Β  I just wanted to give people a smile.

Mission accomplished!Β  I loved it!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 546 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.