Belleza Announcing New Gen.X Body and Event

Lysistrata Szapira

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 263 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

2 minutes ago, Ceka Cianci said:

Mine floats.. hehehe

I'll be looking at something and the longer i look the more it seems to move..

I tried turning off the AO again, this time it's better but still not perfect. Plus you shouldn't have to do that. Hope this is one of those items that gets fixed with an update

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Elora Lunasea said:

I tried turning off the AO again, this time it's better but still not perfect. Plus you shouldn't have to do that. Hope this is one of those items that gets fixed with an update

I shut my AO off and then reset my skele& anima and turned it on and just watched it..

I sits still and then kind of glides to one side, sits and then glides the other way, sits and goes back.. it's either a really long animation or two running one after the other.

it's a good thing the lelutka one for the head works really good :)

This particular animation I'm using in this shot... sucks... It has horrible leg clipping.

BUT... the point here is notice how far up my legs are bent, and that the pubic area is almost normal.

Very little deforming.

On all of my old avatars my pubic area would shoot out in some weird nightmare looking thing... including on the system avatar. So I've always avoided animations like this in the past. This one was in my AO, and I was cycling though them as I'd recently added them to this bench... and I just happened to notice the pubic area didn't deform. So I put on one of the bikini's that comes with the avatar for this screenshot (also checked with some bottoms I bought at the event - so far so good).

As for this animation... it does clip everywhere else. But that's because the animation itself wasn't that good. It's too extreme. But that's the point here - even when bent to this extreme, Gen.X holds up.

Now I can finally shop for some actually good 'hug my knees' animations.

9f40dc131df5a7a040d02163edb2e9d1.jpg

• Like 2

2 hours ago, UnilWay SpiritWeaver said:

For any detailed SL art / photography, I personally want a detailed 3D model to use in the image. Even outside of intimate moments, if I my avatar is unclothed, I don't want to see high detail fingers, toes and so on and then have the anatomy in the torso just painted on - the result to me is visually weird.

Personally, I'm not going to be taking pictures of my genitals and I really don't need even more reason for people to focus on just the bits between my legs.  I don't own a mesh V and I don't have SLex.  I am not going to buy a body just because that's it's main selling feature.   There is a tendency to assume that because SLex is so prevalent that everyone is doing it.  There is also a tendency to assume that everyone wants their avatar as realistic as possible.  I'm pretty sure there are many people for whom neither of those things are true.  I think I am perfectly satisfied with the level of realism I have on my avatar currently, I'm not seeking to push it further to be honest.

There is a study to be had here to see the ratio of people who participate in SLex and those that don't, those that want more realism and those that don't.  I don't know how anyone would pull it off but the results if authentic would be interesting.

Edited by Gabriele Graves
  • Like 9

48 minutes ago, UnilWay SpiritWeaver said:

Now I can finally shop for some actually good 'hug my knees' animations.

Holy crap. I can finally use my yoga poses without looking like I am prolapsing? This is HUGE.

Have to say though, as a trans girl, I wish the built in foof was optional.

Edited by AnnabelleApocalypse
  • Like 2

OK, tested GenX. I do love the posed looks, definitely an improvement over classic Belleza. Would be happy to let my alt sport it... but I'll wait for a sale. I do agree with the comments on the extreme bends, those look really incredible. I almost want one for myself, I think the Classic Body is great. The shoulders are well done to me, not squarish like Maitreya can be at times.

The lighter lingerie is on a Classic Body, and the black one is Curvy. I used my modified Lelutka Irina shape for the Classic, and my modified Katherine body/Kaya head shape for the Curvy. Didn't mess with any sliders to change shapes. The head on both is the Irina.

FreeFittingRooms_Envar_BellezaGenXtest-JF-10032022_001.jpg

FreeFittingRooms_Envar_BellezaGenXtest-JF-10032022_004.jpg

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, AnnabelleApocalypse said:

Holy crap. I can finally use my yoga poses without looking like I am prolapsing? This is HUGE.

Have to say though, as a trans girl, I wish the built in foof was optional.

they have two settings for it, which are PG and X

X is for the V and PG is nothing there  and look like any other female body with no added v. So you could still use it i think like any other female body with your 3rd party addon.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

I went and picked up the demo. I have to try all the new toys.

I like the classic well enough. I can shape it to my liking. I think the body is well proportioned and done well. My skins work on it without having to buy a new body skin. This is a big plus. I definitely prefer it over Maitreya which I struggle to shape the way I like (and I can not get over the shoulder issues). I still wear Maitreya though because this is not my main social avie so I don't waste a ton of lindens on her. I would like to replace it.

With that all said, I am not going to buy it because it is priced too high. I don't want to invest that much into alts or into a body that doesn't have enough clothing yet. I also do not want to pay that much for a body based on future promises. I will take a wait and see approach. I do wish this body luck. I adored my Isis body back in the day.

Edited by Mercedes Avon
  • Like 4

Grabbed the demo, will tinker later. But until many more of my utterly favourite stores like Mimikri start strongly supporting Gen X, I don't see buying it at all. I think I saw only one or two stores I liked in Belleza's plaza yesterday I like, the rest are "average". Neve being one of the cool ones :).

Edited by Katherine Heartsong
  • Like 2

On 9/30/2022 at 2:54 AM, steeljane42 said:

And some who are still trying to support more bodies do try some new selling models, like Salt and Pepper is now attempting to sell all colors packs for 500L$, but those are separated by body sizes. Don't think it'll work out in the current state, however, as she also separated regular and perky/petite/push-up versions, but that's another story.

it actually works out very well. 

• Like 2

Personally I would be happy to buy fatpacks at L$500 for my girls at a lower price for one body only.  Both avatars have one preferred body; for Indra it's Reborn, for Tammi it's Erika. So those are the options I'd look for first. They both use Freya as a backup, so if the preferred ones aren't available, thats the one I'd choose next. I don't delete old bodies; Indra sometimes even goes back to Hourglass, so I don't see any need for me to buy multiple bodies of one outfit, they can just wear whichever body goes with the outfit.

I do the same for myself, switching between Gianni and Jake.

I won't be getting Gen-X for either of them. I'm already happy with Reborn for Indra, and for Tammi, those skinny arms don't work for her shape at all. 

Edited by Lewis Luminos
  • Like 2

16 hours ago, Marianne Little said:

I can pay 5500 for it, but I will not pay and put it on a shelf.

So I am curious to see if the support keep up after this event.

I will also see if they really release the "lighter" version and the mod version.

If they don't do it, I have not wasted any money for a promise.

If the region is packed full, does not mean that all are buying. I bet most of them does not know they can get the demo other places.

I would really want Maitreya to make an update. Screw that some clothes will not fit the new one, it will still be many things that fit. Tops with spaghetti straps are replacable. No one is forced to update to the new body. Keep using the old.

So I am 100% sure I will not be buying the Belleza thin body now. I am not even going to demo the curvy one. The thick trend is not for me. Small boobs and skinny body, that's me. What I buy in the future is in the future.

I think Maitreya could definitely release an update and simply include a compatibility 5.3 mode that can be activated or deactivated in the HUD.

All of the mesh bodies could do this, there shouldn't be a feeling that big changes can't be made imo.  It doesn't even need much, the shoulders seem to be the most common area of complaint so maybe some tweaks there with a switch for 5.3 mode if any clothes are broken by the change.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

I don't see Maitreya changing the body that much. But they could make some deformers. For the shoulders that everyone complain about there are very nice deformers, I use Eridita. And I'm happy with it. The reason I want to switch Maitreya is that I don't like the breast shape also the pelvis area. The legs is another thing I don't like much when playing with sliders. I really like Legacy, it's gonna be easier to switch to it. 

Edited by HelenaNavy92
  • Like 2

I'm honestly a little frustrated that these really aren't Classic and Curvy, they're Curvy and Curvier. SL is getting fat. You can get a somewhat nice slender shape at the bottom (ha!) end of the Classic except for the breasts which deform really badly once you start going under 40. A Petite add-on would do wonders for this body but paying for that on top of the initial 5500 layout seems a bit ridiculous.

• Like 2
  • Confused 3

18 minutes ago, skepwith said:

SL is getting fat

Aside from there being a difference between curvy and fat, several people have posted pics here of slimmer looks with smaller breasts.  Basically, a maitreya-like look.

On 10/1/2022 at 12:03 PM, taisiyakarpenko said:

Snapshot_18660twins.thumb.jpg.07a4b2b574e034d8c173b886193a62f1.jpg

Same skin, same shape - except one body is MT, the other is Gen X :D (not telling which is which :P)

On 10/1/2022 at 1:11 PM, Blaise Glendevon said:

4wDA6yY.jpg

I'm able to create a pleasing shape using my current Maitreya shape. On the pros list, the waist is very natural - none of the deformities I saw when trying to iron out the extreme curve of the Ebody Reborn waist. On the cons list, the butt is still huge and the deformers I have in my inventory seem to edit the back more than the actual butt, giving me a pronounced S-curve between the waist and the cheeks. And, like all mesh bodies, the arm sliders at 100 don't give me the proper wingspan for my height. For some reason, my breast size and shape cause the included lingerie's mesh to break, and I can't figure out which slider would adjust for that just yet.

I'm playing with the demo, and it's a beautiful body with some things I actually like better than the Maitreya, like the shoulders. But I'm going to wait about 6 months to see how people support Gen.X Classic. Also, they've completely discontinued Omega support for no good reason, so my nail art appliers are useless. 

7Y0zR9d.png

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Rowan Amore said:

Aside from there being a difference between curvy and fat, several people have posted pics here of slimmer looks with smaller breasts.  Basically, a maitreya-like look.

In SL, curvy is being fat while an invisible force gives you a thigh gap and holds your tummy in. Some kind of Jedi corsetry I guess. Anyway, snarky pixel-shaming aside, those tiddies are only small by SL standards. [Problem at under 40 breast size deleted - apparently there was a glitch on my end and I can't repeat it now 🤷‍♀️]

Edited by skepwith
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

27 minutes ago, skepwith said:

I'm honestly a little frustrated that these really aren't Classic and Curvy, they're Curvy and Curvier. SL is getting fat. You can get a somewhat nice slender shape at the bottom (ha!) end of the Classic except for the breasts which deform really badly once you start going under 40. A Petite add-on would do wonders for this body but paying for that on top of the initial 5500 layout seems a bit ridiculous.

Yeah, I noticed that right away with the Classic, when I used my Irina mod that works for me with Maitreya and Atenea. I don't mind more curves for some outfits but IDK... I'll wait a bit and see how the clothing support develops.

Erika is getting more support now, so for my curvy trans alt she shall stay there + Freya + Atenea... she already has a lot of clothes for all three.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, skepwith said:

Get the demo and take breast size down to 30 and see what happens.

30 is actually pretty good. Most bodies, the breasts will deform around 50. I think Ebody will deform around 40 and they get pretty small.

Expecting to go from breasts to no breasts isn’t very realistic because mesh and rigging doesn’t work that way.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, HelenaNavy92 said:

I don't see Maitreya changing the body that much. But they could make some deformers. For the shoulders that everyone complain about there are very nice deformers, I use Eridita.

Thank you for mentioning these, I had no idea they existed.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Nika Talaj said:

Once the mod version comes, won't Omega installers and kits become available?

I’m pretty sure the creator of Omega left SL. They probably wouldn’t be able to do Omega even if they wanted to. Probably would be a bad idea to slap unsupported scripts into a body.

10 minutes ago, Janet Voxel said:

30 is actually pretty good. Most bodies, the breasts will deform around 50. I think Ebody will deform around 40 and they get pretty small.

Expecting to go from breasts to no breasts isn’t very realistic because mesh and rigging doesn’t work that way.

I'm not expecting that, I

You know what, never mind

Edited by skepwith

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 263 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.