Belleza Announcing New Gen.X Body and Event

Lysistrata Szapira

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 246 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/21904261@N02/52331934465/in/dateposted/

After all of the discussion about whether Maitreya is dying and what other bodies are on the come-up, Belleza made a surprise announcement yesterday on Flickr.   

I've already heard some grumblings and complaints from folks who believe Freya & Co. will not be updated.  With over 100 stores being in this introductory event,, this will definitely rattle some chains. 

Thoughts? 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 4

1 hour ago, Janet Voxel said:

It looks like Belleza figured out social media and marketing.

I’d need to see more pics, but it looks like it’s a slender Maitreya type body. Of course I’m going to try it out. Things just got a little more interesting!

I know right?

I mean they have like 6 pictures on their flicker since 2014..

I have mixed feelings about this company.. I mean for a company, it's actions have been the same towards it's mesh bodies as it has to it's flicker.. 

If they don't have an update for their existing mesh bodies, Cover your ears.. hehehe

• Like 5

23 minutes ago, Ceka Cianci said:

I know right?

I mean they have like 6 pictures on their flicker since 2014..

I have mixed feelings about this company.. I mean for a company, it's actions have been the same towards it's mesh bodies as it has to it's flicker.. 

If they don't have an update for their existing mesh bodies, Cover your ears.. hehehe

Yeah...I get the impression he's a "my art speaks for itself" not too savvy social media type. I even wrote him a looooong NC in French a couple years ago asking him to put word out that his bodies are being worked on or something because people were leaving in droves. No response, had to put the body away and explore other options. People wonder how Legacy and Ebody became so popular so fast when it's no secret, they have a social media presence and a team of CSRs/Promoters, it really makes a difference.

I had a feeling they were going to come out with a new body when they finally updated and dropped the price on Freya, Isis and Venus. It was giving...this is it. Then the rumors started and it was like Hmmm, kinda makes sense. I don't see them doing anything else with the existing bodies, it looks like they've moved on. I do expect an uproar though, people are going to be all "I stayed loyal to my Freya all this time, and I don't get a discount/free body?"

Watch. Hopefully, they do give a discount for people that already have one of the older bodies though! LOL

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Janet Voxel said:

It looks like Belleza figured out social media and marketing.

I’d need to see more pics, but it looks like it’s a slender Maitreya type body. Of course I’m going to try it out. Things just got a little more interesting!

It will be two bodies I think. One of the store creators whose group I'm in mentioned a couple of weeks ago that she was starting to rig for 2 new bodies being launched in October, but she couldn't say who. I bet it's these. And I bet there will be one slim and one curvy.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Janet Voxel said:

Yeah...I get the impression he's a "my art speaks for itself" not too savvy social media type. I even wrote him a looooong NC in French a couple years ago asking him to put word out that his bodies are being worked on or something because people were leaving in droves. No response, had to put the body away and explore other options. People wonder how Legacy and Ebody became so popular so fast when it's no secret, they have a social media presence and a team of CSRs/Promoters, it really makes a difference.

I had a feeling they were going to come out with a new body when they finally updated and dropped the price on Freya, Isis and Venus. It was giving...this is it. Then the rumors started and it was like Hmmm, kinda makes sense. I don't see them doing anything else with the existing bodies, it looks like they've moved on. I do expect an uproar though, people are going to be all "I stayed loyal to my Freya all this time, and I don't get a discount/free body?"

Watch. Hopefully, they do give a discount for people that already have one of the older bodies though! LOL

I read the apology letter they put in the folder from the last redelivery I had gotten like a couple weeks back..

If you haven't read it, go read it and then see what you make of it..  For me it comes off as , hang on because we have exciting things coming to you because you guys are the best customers ever! \o/

I'm hoping that's what they were meaning.. But if not,  I'm getting my ear plugs ready on the 31st.. hehehe

A new body design would really be nice, but wow am I gonna feel for the ones that stuck it out and were wearers waiting around for another update or something, if they end up empty handed..

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Maitimo said:

It will be two bodies I think. One of the store creators whose group I'm in mentioned a couple of weeks ago that she was starting to rig for 2 new bodies being launched in October, but she couldn't say who. I bet it's these. And I bet there will be one slim and one curvy.

It could be this belleza body and that other one mentioned in another thread, Prima, that's supposed to come out in October, also.

• Like 2

I wonder if that X is going to be like the Evo X and mean high definition,where when we put it on...  Our mouth will be where our Baginas or butts are and one of those end up where our mouth was..

That would be kind of shocking at first, especially  to someone that never even used an Evo X yet.. hehehehe

young-beautiful-scared-spanish-woman-in-

Edited by Ceka Cianci
  • Like 1
  • Haha 6

5 minutes ago, Ceka Cianci said:

I wonder if that X is going to be like the Evo X and mean high definition,where when we put it on...  Our mouth will be where our Baginas or butts are and one of those end up where our mouth was..

That would be kind of shocking at first, especially  to someone that never even used an Evo X yet.. hehehehe

young-beautiful-scared-spanish-woman-in-

Is human centipede starter kit?

• Haha 1

I'm game to try it.  I wonder if someone out there is going to be game to try creating deformers that would allow original Belleza clothes to fit it? How many stores are going to jump on board to update existing clothes to fit it (sounds like it might be difficult/impossible to do though)?  Is it going to be Mod?  Is it going to respond better to sliders than previous bodies?  What are these promised new features that are going to blow us away?

Big $64,000 question is whether Lelutka will be on board with this.  If their heads won't work with these new bodies, it'll be a splat from the start considering how many have EvoX heads now. 

Whether I buy or not depends strongly upon which stores actually create for it.  If my favorite stores opt out, I'll opt out on the body, as I spend no time naked in world except when I'm changing outfits.  If they pull an EvoX with a new UV map for the body, I don't expect a huge number of skin and BOM clothing creators to jump on board.  It was difficult enough adapting to the new map for heads.

I've been wanting a body that's slightly rounder than Maitreya but not at Reborn/Kupra levels. I bought Reborn for an alt, but even with deformers, her butt annoys me.  If there's a discounted intro price (chances are slim, I know) I might buy it and keep it in storage until we get an idea of how stores will adopt or not.   It'll be interesting to watch as this develops. 

• Like 5

14 hours ago, Lysistrata Szapira said:

After all of the discussion about whether Maitreya is dying and what other bodies are on the come-up, Belleza made a surprise announcement yesterday on Flickr.   

I've already heard some grumblings and complaints from folks who believe Freya & Co. will not be updated.  With over 100 stores being in this introductory event,, this will definitely rattle some chains. 

Thoughts? 

I will probably demo it. Heavy photoshopped images is not making me too exited. If it is so good, post raw shots.

The Belleza history with really slow updates and long periods of silence has not built trust for me.

Edited by Marianne Little
  • Like 8
  • Thanks 2

3 hours ago, Marianne Little said:

I will probably demo it. Heavy photoshopped images is not making me too exited. If it is so good, post raw shots.

The Belleza history with really slow updates and long periods of silence has not built trust for me.

This is the second body brand who has left their customers without support or updates only to come back after a long period  waving the NEW flag. I didn't bother with the first one and will not with this one.  There is no "trust" as Marianne said and I am not willing to forget the past behavior that easily.  

• Like 12

19 hours ago, Lysistrata Szapira said:

Thoughts? 

Belleza's mesh body has been out since 2014 and has had 6 major updates and several patches of those updates. The people who purchased them have certainly gotten their money's worth. If Belleza's launching a more updated project, it's certainly a good time for it.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

58 minutes ago, Blaise Glendevon said:

Belleza's mesh body has been out since 2014 and has had 6 major updates and several patches of those updates. The people who purchased them have certainly gotten their money's worth.

I think people often forget this, even though the updates did take longer than usual. I did have a random shower thought though: Didn’t the creator have some kind of personal tragedy around the time the pandemic started?

I’m not trying to defend him, but I do remember hearing that. The last couple years have been so eventful, something like that would be easy to forget.

Its sort of like people that complain about Genus without realizing the creator is Ukrainian. Logging onto second life probably isn’t what they are focused on right now.

Sometimes people forget stores aren’t vending machines and there are people behind them going through real things. I do understand consumers moving on if something better comes along, but still it’s worth remembering.

Edited by Janet Voxel
  • Like 9
  • Thanks 9

It is important to remember that creators DO leave SL or stop creating or just plain disappear in real life :D.  So there are never any guarantees on products.  That is certainly understandable. It is when a company makes lots of money on expensive products, disappears with no customer support for months or years and then comes back waving the "I got a new  shiny" flag.  

That does NOT work for me on any level :D.

I will say that Maitreya has been incredibly good about updating and innovation over many years -- what a decade now?   So for me they get lots of points.  

Edited by Chic Aeon
spelling
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2

20 hours ago, Maitimo said:

You are correct! I took a few minutes to jump on their discord (the have a discord now!) and scroll back. If anything, to inoculate myself against misinformation. The mods were kind enough to field some basic questions, here's what is known:

• They were pretty tight-lipped about the features, but there are going to be two bodies
  • It will be Mod
  • It's going to be a separate body, not an upgrade like Ebody and Ebody Reborn. Meaning your old Freya clothes won't work
  • They said they are going to have an event and 100 creators are onboard
  • No male body, the rationale is it's the female bodies that lost support, so they're starting there
  • It will support the Evo-X neckfit
  • They're working to get the kits out to more creators and opening up the application process, so if creators are with it....its a go. Belleza kits are super easy to work with from a creator standpoint

Then it devolved into crying about men's bodies and smack talk about other bodies so I left.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 8

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 246 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.