NUX Avatar

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 304 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

2 hours ago, DontwannabeP said:

I just hope they look like old system avatars, only with better appearance adjusts.

I honestly don't think any mesh heads that came after are gonna move with the sliders like the system avatars do.. They always seem to have those sliders that don't react at all..  Maybe LL's will and that would be great.

2 hours ago, Ceka Cianci said:

I honestly don't think any mesh heads that came after are gonna move with the sliders like the system avatars do.. They always seem to have those sliders that don't react at all..  Maybe LL's will and that would be great.

I would hope the NUX avatar has all the sliders that the system one has, and that when you put on an NUX avatar, it follows the shape of the system one you're wearing at the time. What would be really great would be if the NUX avatar could have a few more sliders, such as one that moves the knees up or down the legs, one that turns feet inwards or outwards, one that adjusts basic stance before wearing an AO and one that adjusts avatar scale without altering any proportions.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Conifer Dada said:

I would hope the NUX avatar has all the sliders that the system one has, and that when you put on an NUX avatar, it follows the shape of the system one you're wearing at the time. What would be really great would be if the NUX avatar could have a few more sliders, such as one that moves the knees up or down the legs, one that turns feet inwards or outwards, one that adjusts basic stance before wearing an AO and one that adjusts avatar scale without altering any proportions.

I'm not sure what happens, if it's that those sections are out of reach of the sliders when they are rigged.. I would think the mesh would have to fit almost exactly over the system avatar or really close to move like the system avatars do with the sliders.. If you ever take off the different mesh bodies and heads, you can see how messed up the system avatars look  from the mesh that was worn.

Also if more sliders get added, it would be for the whole system and not just the NUX.. I think they are just giving us the NUX Mesh head and body, dev kit and all the other things that come with it, like wardrobe and hair and maybe some accessories..  I can't wait until the guessing is over and we have them..I'm excited to toy around with them.. hehehe

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/12/2023 at 1:53 AM, Stephanie Misfit said:

Why?

Because they were not muscle exagerated, women were way more pretty, women body was more delicate, anyway, I like like they were, and I am on SL since 2009. Of course I did not mean to be "exactly" as they were. If any of you ever tried mesh avatars called Ruth, or Roth (for men), could observe they are very similar to old system avatars. And sure they need a lot of work, because face has some weird squares , but in my opinion, they look better than many famous blended heads. And of course, to use with old system skins. I dont understand the necessity to look "perfect", this "lookism" neurosis. Just that. If was not for the face animations, I would have never get a mesh head, and if it was not for the colthes don't fitting anymore, would never have a mesh body.

Edited by DontwannabeP
  • Like 2
  • Haha 3

32 minutes ago, DontwannabeP said:

Because they were not muscle exagerated, women were way more pretty, women body was more delicate, anyway, I like like they were, and I am on SL since 2009. Of course I did not mean to be "exactly" as they were. If any of you ever tried mesh avatars called Ruth, or Roth (for men), could observe they are very similar to old system avatars. And sure they need a lot of work, because face has some weird squares , but in my opinion, they look better than many famous blended heads. And of course, to use with old system skins. I dont understand the necessity to look "perfect", this "lookism" neurosis. Just that. If was not for the face animations, I would have never get a mesh head, and if it was not for the colthes don't fitting anymore, would never have a mesh body.

I don't think it was to look perfect because the newer mesh are by no means perfect, just smoother and able to get them more proportioned.. The expressions on the system avatars was not so good either.

The old system avatars had painted on toes and painted on nails on the hands and toes and butt crack that goes up into their lower back,  then the dip in the thighs above the knees.. then the breast plate that looks caved in  when you get in the wrong lighting..  The newer mesh improved a lot of those things, but still they are not perfect..

When there was nothing but system avatars, people still felt the need to try to get perfect of what they wanted in an avatar.. that hasn't changed.. that's always been there..

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, DontwannabeP said:

How about to have the ability to be who ever you want to be in Second Life? For one that may be running around like a dragon, another may be happy with basic tools given to him/her, for others that might be as being realistic as possible, as long you don't cross the lines that Linden Lab have set.

1 hour ago, Dorientje Woller said:

How about to have the ability to be who ever you want to be in Second Life? For one that may be running around like a dragon, another may be happy with basic tools given to him/her, for others that might be as being realistic as possible, as long you don't cross the lines that Linden Lab have set.

I don't think anyone's doubting that you look however you want in SL, it's more about those who want to look realistic but have difficulty achieving it because they think 'more is always better'.

Dragons are mythical creatures but we can all tell the difference between a realistic dragon and an unrealistic one !

Edited by Conifer Dada
  • Like 6

• 5 weeks later...
11 hours ago, Eirynne Sieyes said:

@Patch Linden When the NUX bodies release, consider referring users to a help thread here in the forums where we can help the newbies.  Doing so will introduce people to the forums as well as offer support. The more people here, the better.

There should definitely be some extensive guides/videos to get new users who have these up to speed re: skins, clothing, etc.

• Like 3

14 hours ago, Eirynne Sieyes said:

@Patch Linden When the NUX bodies release, consider referring users to a help thread here in the forums where we can help the newbies.  Doing so will introduce people to the forums as well as offer support. The more people here, the better.

Yeah, just when are they releasing ? All that hype and nada.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Time linked video about NUX avatars from the newest Lab Gab

Avatars are done, in process of creating things for them now, and a dev kit will be available before launch apparently. That's not nothing!

Edited by Modulated
  • Like 8

On 3/12/2023 at 10:21 AM, Modulated said:

Time linked video about NUX avatars from the newest Lab Gab

Avatars are done, in process of creating things for them now, and a dev kit will be available before launch apparently. That's not nothing!

Yeah, it is actually really exciting! Sounds like we are getting much closer to launch.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bloodsong Termagant said:

anybody know where/how they're gonna let us know how to get the devkits?

yes, i'll probably be huddled deep in my cave of creativity and have no clue what's going on.... :X

They'll probably just end up in our inventory like all the other starter avatar things..

That'll be nice when those  drop :)

Edited by Ceka Cianci

On 3/13/2023 at 7:50 PM, Ceka Cianci said:

They'll probably just end up in our inventory like all the other starter avatar things..

That'll be nice when those  drop :)

the avatars will end up in our inventory, sure.  but i mean the devkits, to download?

i THOUGHT they would make it available to anyone, but i'm hearing mutterings that they may just selectively 'give' it to certain big name developers??  :/ ::SIGH::

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Bloodsong Termagant said:

the avatars will end up in our inventory, sure.  but i mean the devkits, to download?

i THOUGHT they would make it available to anyone, but i'm hearing mutterings that they may just selectively 'give' it to certain big name developers??  :/ ::SIGH::

LL making silly decisions that limit user's choices? Well I never! ....... ;)

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 304 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.