So what do you all think to the Premium Plus package?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 740 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

44 minutes ago, Karl Herber said:

The only benefit that is useful to me is 2048m of land; I can get the same by making an alt premium for $99 instead of upgrading mine for $149.Β 

Β  Β Or you can just pay the tier fee of $7/month for the extra 1024 sqm, just as someone who wants a home (that isn't a Linden Home) and doesn't care about the 'basic' premium benefits such as the group count or weekly stipend might already choose to do (though arguably the ~$48.50 per annum worth of L$ stipend gives an annual subscription the edge). $84 for 12 months of 1024 tier vs. $99 annually for premium (or $144 if you're paying it monthly).

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Orwar said:

Β  Β Or you can just pay the tier fee of $7/month for the extra 1024 sqm, just as someone who wants a home (that isn't a Linden Home) and doesn't care about the 'basic' premium benefits such as the group count or weekly stipend might already choose to do (though arguably the ~$48.50 per annum worth of L$ stipend gives an annual subscription the edge). $84 for 12 months of 1024 tier vs. $99 annually for premium (or $144 if you're paying it monthly).

That's too much math for me, especially since I would have to pay in €. ;)

So no, I'm not going to upgrade to Premium+ at that price.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Karl Herber said:

They should have priced it at just below the cost of 2 regular Premiums, i;e $195 or 199, I would have accepted it for that.

Exactly. Our expectation based on Linden comments was double price, double premium, double tier. That would have made PP a no brainer. They would have gotten a GDP boost. Instead we got a bait and switch.

• Like 5

On 6/20/2022 at 11:53 PM, Liaa Nova said:

Thoughts?

By going Premium Plus I'd be saving money, because right now, I'm spending a lot on uploading textures, sounds and animations.

(I couldn't care less for a Linden Home or extra group slots. I'm in 18 groups. Who wants the free slots?)

Edited by Arduenn Schwartzman
  • Like 3

11 minutes ago, Arduenn Schwartzman said:

By going Premium Plus I'd be saving money, because right now, I'm spending a lot on uploading textures, sounds and animations.

Yes I do get the impression this particular package was aimed at someone like you.
Apparently there will be other packages, and a la carte packages, so perhaps there will be other offerings for different types of SL residents.

It's good to hear what other people might want in this thread though -- those who aren't impressed with free uploads as they don't upload all that much.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Luna Bliss said:

Yes I do get the impression this particular package was aimed at someone like you.
Apparently there will be other packages, and a la carte packages, so perhaps there will be other offerings for different types of SL residents.

It's good to hear what other people might want in this thread though -- those who aren't impressed with free uploads as they don't upload all that much.

im a group whore, havent had more than 1 free group slot in over 5 years .... been in SL for a little over 6 years now and not too active the first 8 months or so lol

70 more groups is, kinda embarrassingly, a big selling point for me .... will be refreshing to be able to join friends groups lol

Edited by Katie Aurelia
grammarz
  • Like 5

I’m ready to see the official upgrade page with all the benefits posted in written form. Β If more is listed than just what has been said I might do another account as well. Β 

Edited by Aria Aurelia
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Orwar said:

Thats not as cost effective; 12 x 7 = 84 but once you factor a stipend into it, you get about 60 bucks back on an annual Premium.

The only circumstance I can think of where paying $7 a month tier is more economical than a Premium alt would be either someone who never ever spends any money inworld, or someone withΒ  a business who makes so much bank that L$300 a week is a drop in a very large ocean.

Oh another one - when you already have a sizeable chunk of land, you want a little bit extra but the next tier jump is more than $7 a month extra. Rather than jump your main account up to a bigger tier, get a premium alt instead and jump that one by a lesser amount.

Edited by Karl Herber
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Flower Caerndow said:

As it has been pointed out repeatedly on this thread, the Premium Plus package is not worth it for any one of the benefits.Β  It is the combination of multiple benefits that make it worth the additional cost.Β  It is for people who can see beyond their own one need or want.

But who is going to pay for needs and wants that other people have and they don't?

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Aria Aurelia said:

I’m ready to see the official upgrade page with all the benefits posted in written form. Β If more is listed than just what has been said I might do another account as well. Β 

I repeat:

3 hours ago, Ethereal Thistle said:

It's the 23rd. Why can't I buy this yet?!

22519397_1141804072621008_3171110102134364740_n.jpg.78721a6fde20228382cbe8dd2fd1e30c.jpg

Β 

Β 

Β 

• Like 1
  • Haha 5
  • Confused 1

14 hours ago, SarahKB7 Koskinen said:

Twice as many groups also means it will take you twice as long to move between sim regions when crossing their borders.

When crossing a border, your avatar, inventory, friends list, your groups (and all their members) data is passed from one region to the next.Β  This is why there was a limit on number of groups in the first place, to keep those huge lists of group members down to quicken sim crossings.

No no no... the size of your inventory, groups, or friends list has nothing to do with region crossing.

The Lindens have described in various user group meetings what has to happen in a region crossing several times. Transferring your inventory, groups, and friends list is not part of it. Only what your avatar is wearing has an effect. Read any of the posts or tutorial about improving region crossings and you'll see there is no mention of inventory, groups, or friends list. Only what your avatar is wearing or attached to and the number of scripts you have running.

Your inventory in-viewer is a list that is downloaded at login. One of the things that indicates this is the flat inventory problem that keeps people from logging in. The problem comes from a combination of the quality of your connection to SL and the number of items in an inventory folder. An average connection will only start to see the problem when there are ~5,000 items or more in a folder. The folder download times out and things go sideways.

Your inventory is a list of pointers (UUIDs). The actual thing pointed to is keptΒ  in the asset database until you rez the item. If you had to download everything in your inventory it would take an hour or more just to login.

The Lindens made a very efficient plan for what data has to be downloaded. When SL started data transfer was way more restrictive. So the Linens put lots of effort into reducing the amount of data that has to be transferred.

Consider those people that have two or three hundred thousand items in inventory. OR consider timing your region crossings with your present inventory, groups, and friends list. Then switch to an alt with minimum inventory, groups, and friends lists. See if there is any difference in the time needed to complete a crossing.

Groups and friends lists are similar. The only time a server needs to know about those is when you areΒ  using one of those connections.

14 hours ago, Eirynne Sieyes said:

*Groans*Β  Inventory inventory inventory. I wish I could detach it and leave it somewhere safe for events. Think detachable suitcase! Please add that to the wish list Linden Labs.

Β 

Read the above answer... Your inventory is never attached to the avatar. It is a list of pointers to your stuff in the asset database.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 5
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

Sooo here the 23rd is over since 5 minutes ago...means it's like 8am where the little moles and Lindenmunchkins live...I just want to give dem my money XD I really hope you can instantly upgrade and don't need to wait until the next billing because mine just happened like 3 days ago πŸ˜†

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, Sparkely Sugar said:

People need to math better $249 divided by 12 is 20.75 not 25, not $30. It would not make sense to pay for this monthly, unless you don't plan to keep it

No it would be more per month and quarter, because paying annually you get a discount.

You divided things up using the discount across the board, so it will be higher than 20.75 per month.

Β 

Regular premium is 99.00 a year

Quarterly is 32.97, which ends up being 131.88 per year.

Monthly is 11.99, which ends up being 143.88 per year.

we could guess and say they are gonna use the same percentages for each package to get a better idea..

I'm not sure what the percentages are going to be yet, but it could give a better idea using the current ones.

ETA: I just found an article where they are sayingΒ  it's going to be 29.99 a month..ETA: 359.88 a year.

24.99 if you get on it right away..Probably for the first month.

I didn't see anything for the quarterly yet.

Β 

Β 

Β 

Β 

Β 

Edited by Ceka Cianci
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Ceka Cianci said:

No it would be more per month and quarter, because paying annually you get a discount.

You divided things up using the discount across the board, so it will be higher than 20.75 per month.

Β 

Regular premium is 99.00 a year

Quarterly is 32.97, which ends up being 131.88 per year.

Monthly is 11.99, which ends up being 143.88 per year.

we could guess and say they are gonna use the same percentages for each package to get a better idea..

I'm not sure what the percentages are going to be yet, but it could give a better idea using the current ones.

Β 

Β 

Β 

Β 

Β 

Assuming PP is also more monthly or quarterly than yearly..AND for some, they would have to pay VAT if not yearly.. suddenly yearly seems the only wise option.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

Assuming PP is also more monthly or quarterly than yearly..AND for some, they would have to pay VAT if not yearly.. suddenly yearly seems the only wise option.

Yea, if i were to do it I would go yearly for sure too..

But for now, staying right where I am is the best for me. I don't really need all that stuff..

Almost 16 years in, I don't have the teeth for a new carrot..

hehehehe

Β 

ETA: Just to add, they may want to throw premiums a little something also.. Don't just stop doing things for us too when adding new stuffs.

Edited by Ceka Cianci
  • Like 1

37 minutes ago, Nalates Urriah said:

No no no... the size of your inventory, groups, or friends list has nothing to do with region crossing.

The Lindens have described in various user group meetings what has to happen in a region crossing several times. Transferring your inventory, groups, and friends list is not part of it. Only what your avatar is wearing has an effect. Read any of the posts or tutorial about improving region crossings and you'll see there is no mention of inventory, groups, or friends list. Only what your avatar is wearing or attached to and the number of scripts you have running.

Your inventory in-viewer is a list that is downloaded at login. One of the things that indicates this is the flat inventory problem that keeps people from logging in. The problem comes from a combination of the quality of your connection to SL and the number of items in an inventory folder. An average connection will only start to see the problem when there are ~5,000 items or more in a folder. The folder download times out and things go sideways.

Your inventory is a list of pointers (UUIDs). The actual thing pointed to is keptΒ  in the asset database until you rez the item. If you had to download everything in your inventory it would take an hour or more just to login.

The Lindens made a very efficient plan for what data has to be downloaded. When SL started data transfer was way more restrictive. So the Linens put lots of effort into reducing the amount of data that has to be transferred.

Consider those people that have two or three hundred thousand items in inventory. OR consider timing your region crossings with your present inventory, groups, and friends list. Then switch to an alt with minimum inventory, groups, and friends lists. See if there is any difference in the time needed to complete a crossing.

Groups and friends lists are similar. The only time a server needs to know about those is when you areΒ  using one of those connections.

Read the above answer... Your inventory is never attached to the avatar. It is a list of pointers to your stuff in the asset database.

This segment here (which I've linked the timecode for, but it starts at 1:04:05) would suggest otherwise? Probably why people are saying these things.

• Like 5

36 minutes ago, Gwin LeShelle said:

Sooo here the 23rd is over since 5 minutes ago...means it's like 8am where the little moles and Lindenmunchkins live...I just want to give dem my money XD I really hope you can instantly upgrade and don't need to wait until the next billing because mine just happened like 3 days ago πŸ˜†

They mentioned that you will be able to upgrade with a proration right away.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Bellisseria is not a loss for Linden Lab. They're not doing this out of the kindness of their hearts. Maybe in 2019 when the homes launched, they hired a bunch of contractors (moles) and brought up regions to support the continent. It's spendy to hire all those contractors year after year to design these regions, but eventually, they will profit and cut back on the contractors once Bellisseria is completed. The reason they may be feeling an operating cost loss at the moment is because many regions are EMPTY. They need to drive more new residents to this world. With a concurrent login of around ~200K residents, that's a great number, but what fraction of those residents are premium AND own a linden home?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

38 minutes ago, Nalates Urriah said:

100% THIS

38 minutes ago, Nalates Urriah said:

Inventory is database that lives on the servers.

The viewer downloads a subset of this information and presents it locally as your inventory floater. Anything you do with that inventory gets sent back to the servers where the actual data is updated.

If your inventory isn't loading .. and you don't need that specific inventory right now .. who cares. Just go about your SL and have fun, it will catch up while you do other things.

Don't let inventory anxiety ruin your day!

Β 

Β 

• Like 3

38 minutes ago, Gwin LeShelle said:

They barely started working. Maybe it is going to be ready in a short time. I will avoid to say "soon"... oops I said it. 🀭

Not that I will buy it now. I am waiting.

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, yestothis said:

Bellisseria is not a loss for Linden Lab. They're not doing this out of the kindness of their hearts. Maybe in 2019 when the homes launched, they hired a bunch of contractors (moles) and brought up regions to support the continent. It's spendy to hire all those contractors year after year to design these regions, but eventually, they will profit and cut back on the contractors once Bellisseria is completed. The reason they may be feeling an operating cost loss at the moment is because many regions are EMPTY. They need to drive more new residents to this world. With a concurrent login of around ~200K residents, that's a great number, but what fraction of those residents are premium AND own a linden home?

Oberwolf said this in his talk though.

Perhaps it is what is known as a 'loss leader' -- it benefits their bottom line in other ways.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, SarahKB7 Koskinen said:

Twice as many groups also means it will take you twice as long to move between sim regions when crossing their borders.

When crossing a border, your avatar, inventory, friends list, your groups (and all their members) data is passed from one region to the next.Β  This is why there was a limit on number of groups in the first place, to keep those huge lists of group members down to quicken sim crossings.

As @Nalates UrriahΒ described, it's complicated. Ages ago, back when 24 groups was a big deal, some "server" Linden (Andrew, maybe?) explained that groups posed a scalability problem for parcel crossings because membership is used to determine land access permissions. I don't think residents ever learned the detailsβ€”I can't imagine they do a relational query for every parcel entry, but I can't guess what they do insteadβ€”and it may all have changed since.

One thing that I assume has changed since then: it used to be that an extremely long Friends list would cause sessions to timeout upon entry to a new region. (This famously affected the governor of Caledon, for example!) So I trust the whole process has been streamlined since the bad old days.

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 740 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.