What would you like to see in Premium Plus?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 694 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Thought I'd start a new thread although there's similar speculative threads on what people think they might see in Premium Plus. This one is little different - what would you like to see in Premium Plus?

Personally, I'd like to see:

• New exclusive adult continent linked to Zindra, similar to Horizons. - Perhaps 2048 sqm per parcel with double prims. Available to purchase to anyone with Premium Plus. Beach/island theme with access to sailing areas. Give it a Blake Sea look & feel and it will sell like hot cakes
  • 2048 sqm inclusive tier allowance
  • Increased number of groups
  • Weekly stipend of L$500
  • Linden Lab hosted radio/stream
  • Ability to list parcels for rent on the map/search
  • Access to a Linden Lab hosted rental/payment system with integration with land management tools (Similar to Casperlet but with better integration with parcel/land management)

These are just a few I'd like to see. Some I know will never happen as they may have legal implications or require a lot of dev work, but it's nice to dream. Would be interested to hear other people's ideas. :)

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1

Honestly, we have talked the topic of "what we want" to death and we already have a rough idea of what it will actually contain (not speculative at all anymore) -- and yes, the package contents are already finalized.

Watch the video here: https://modemworld.me/2022/04/07/april-2022-web-user-group-summary-premium-plus/  and listen to the portion from roughly 8:33-10:30.

Benefits specifically mentioned as increasing:  Stipend, tier, group slots.  Phrases that I noted from the video: "cost might be close to double", "close to double the stuff" (talking about benefits compared to current), "stipend will be more than double",  "in some cases more than double" (benefits compared to current)

Edited by LittleMe Jewell
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

I just wish they'd get on with it.  I have the budget to premium another account but I'm holding off in case I prefer to plus my current premium account but at the same time I got my eye on the Maniology clearance section and my nail stamping addiction is.......intensifying.

Better make a move if you want this money LL, I'm one uncontrolled impulse away from sending it to Hawaii.

• Haha 2

21 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

Last word was it is coming the end of this month - so if not the next couple of days then right after the holiday weekend.

It seem logical that it would be just before SL19B or "at" SL19B.   So a couple more weeks?  You know things are never as soon as we expect them to be LOL.  

A free 2048 tier allotment only highlights how sad it is that premium members can't get that little. I'd accept this if regions were actually sane in price, but sanity and the price of land don't even share a planet. I guess you could say its a start. I would have an easier time swallowing that if Plus was 25-50 percent higher than premium,

If upgrading costs twice as much, I kinda feel like these kinds of things should either be tripled in value, or premium should get a boost in value. Give premium 2048 tier and 4096 to premium plus.

I want more meat on the bone. Discounts on land prices if you can't give more significant price chops to everyone *cough* you can but you won't *cough*

• Like 4

Real value. I've been paying Premium for a long while, and feel I'm actually getting LESS for the price overall.

Not that I want a Bellisarian house, but I was never OFFERED one, nor do they show up in my house listings - so why have others had access and I and others don't?

I also notice over time that yes we get more Land Impact for our parcels, but also the SL uploader is much more strict about things and it appears (from my own experiments) that the LI count on things uploaded now are more than when I originally uploaded them. For example, I have a product made up of different objects that weighs in at 13-15 LI, now balloons to 23 or higher even if I myself have optimized better, physics, LODs, etc. Funny how when I didn't even know what I was doing, that the products used less Li. So there's that.

If I ever paid for Premium Plus, for me personally I would like more LI per parcel. It's so easy to use up your Li  just for your home or store and have nothing left to put furniture in it or store items lol. One day maybe I can rent a bigger land, but the idea was for me to be self-sufficient in SL without constantly having to put in more real world cash.

Free items that have been given away at the kiosks are not much value, as they do not take into account my interests and maybe my preferences as a male, and they are usually quite high poly and not optimized - basically what is expected for a free item. I am one to encourage highest quality in free items always, as it reflects your other work. So free monthly or w/e items isn't much value.

I also like very much the older style starter homes anyway, they just need a texture change or texture scaling update. They actually have a lot of square space in them, but due to the scale of the textures, it looks small.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, Codex Alpha said:

Not that I want a Bellisarian house, but I was never OFFERED one, nor do they show up in my house listings - so why have others had access and I and others don't?

So... when you are on the page for getting a Linden Home -- https://land.secondlife.com/en-US/lindenhomes/land-selection.php -- you don't have Bellisseria in the drop down for the offerings:

image.png.6f1edfde14feb94dc1a3912e83791c50.png

Edited by LittleMe Jewell
  • Like 1

On 5/24/2022 at 9:35 PM, diamond Marchant said:

If all that happens is 2048sqm included tier, double stipend, and doubled annual fee.... that is actually a LOWERing of prices. I don't need anything else. I have posted the math numerous times,

I am so happy that you do the math. ❤️ I hate math.

I believe the huge increase in pay-to-join groups is because we get more and more group slots. So double the groups now, and watch more and more groups go from free to pay-to-join.

I need to see more than double benefits on one or both of the substantial things for me, if they want me to pay double. Like 1000 L/week stipend would be interesting. Or 4096 m land with free tier. That would be something.

On 5/25/2022 at 4:42 AM, Chic Aeon said:

It seem logical that it would be just before SL19B or "at" SL19B.   So a couple more weeks?  You know things are never as soon as we expect them to be LOL.  

I am annoyed about this waiting game they love to play. They have everything drawn up and ready, it is said. Why tease us with "end of May" if they know it will be a couple more weeks? They have already talked about Plus for years.

I do not like to be teased. If they have a reason to delay it, ok. I get it. Stuff happens.

But if they know they will release it at a time and then announce the date will be 2-3 weeks before the planned release, why? What for? Is it because SL is owned by Americans? Teasing is some cultural thing? Is it exiting? For me, it pushes all the wrong buttons, and I already have had a majority of mine pushed in RL. I do not need SL to annoy me on top of that. 😡

A new Plus without any solid, real benefits, after all this waiting, hyping and teasing will not make me happy.

Edited by Marianne Little
removed a sentence
  • Like 1

In general I have a feeling that while lots of perks have been officially "leaked" LL is withholding a game changer addition to the Premium Plus pack.  That would certainly make sense. As it is now, unless the cost is less than what has been hinted at it isn't a  "oh I have GOT to get this" type of thing.  Too much work by The Lab with not all that great a return would be sort of pointless.   So hopefully I am correct.  LOL.   

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Chic Aeon said:

In general I have a feeling that while lots of perks have been officially "leaked" LL is withholding a game changer addition to the Premium Plus pack

hmm! I have a guess

buy one year and get the second year at a discount if you pay for both now

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, Mollymews said:

buy one year and get the second year at a discount if you pay for both now

A discount?  Are you crazy?  Buy two years now, and avoid the price increase the 2nd year sounds more like it.

That's what they did when the Linden Homes were first introduced, get in for another year before the next price increase.

8 hours ago, Marianne Little said:

I am so happy that you do the math. ❤️ I hate math.

I believe the huge increase in pay-to-join groups is because we get more and more group slots. So double the groups now, and watch more and more groups go from free to pay-to-join.

I need to see more than double benefits on one or both of the substantial things for me, if they want me to pay double. Like 1000 L/week stipend would be interesting. Or 4096 m land with free tier. That would be something.

I am annoyed about this waiting game they love to play. They have everything drawn up and ready, it is said. Why tease us with "end of May" if they know it will be a couple more weeks? They have already talked about Plus for years.

I do not like to be teased. If they have a reason to delay it, ok. I get it. Stuff happens.

But if they know they will release it at a time and then announce the date will be 2-3 weeks before the planned release, why? What for? Is it because SL is owned by Americans? Teasing is some cultural thing? Is it exiting? For me, it pushes all the wrong buttons, and I already have had a majority of mine pushed in RL. I do not need SL to annoy me on top of that. 😡

A new Plus without any solid, real benefits, after all this waiting, hyping and teasing will not make me happy.

I don't think teasing is a cultural thing. The Lab may still be getting coding done in the background or web page stuff (which has historically been a problem on many new products).   

This is Memorial Day Weekend in the US so many places are closed through Monday.  It is unlikely that anything will happen before Tuesday and I am still betting on "later" rather than "Soon" (tm).  Since I have no plans to agree to Tilia in order to get Premium Plus  or paying a fee out of my RL bank account  I am only interested in all this from a historical viewpoint.  Even if Tilia wasn't in the mix (realize this is MY thing and most folks don't care) I can't see anything I really need. 

Except for the one year I was Premium because of Belli (no regrets there) I have been a renter and it has worked out just fine for me.  A half a mainland sim with almost full rights is certainly enough to keep me happy.  

they might have bad time of a launch/adoption.  playstation launching its new premium service roughly concurrently, and while there's correlation between user bases, it slants more favorably on Sony's side.  but market movements hard to truly forecast, consumers fickle.

• Haha 1

21 hours ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

So... when you are on the page for getting a Linden Home -- https://land.secondlife.com/en-US/lindenhomes/land-selection.php -- you don't have Bellisseria in the drop down for the offerings:

image.png.6f1edfde14feb94dc1a3912e83791c50.png

Admittedly time has flown by and I hadn't even checked. Last time they simply said that none were available and my comment was addressing how some people got them but others did not, and the criteria for that. I have forgot because I'm so busy, that I was away for 3 years in another <ahem> virtual world, and 2 years of lockdowns, etc and time has passed :/

Although I have land now, I do like the NewBrooke style maybe if and when it is available (it's grayed out). I prefer open plan, high ceiling square buildings.

The main point was : I want more value, not less for a higher premium in every facet.

Edited by Codex Alpha

26 minutes ago, VeeTach Littlething said:

The Linden home neighborhoods are so crammed together that it's impossibly laggy.  I tried living in a Linden home a couple times but got tired of taking 20 minutes to get dressed!

I generally have a low-LI skybox dressing room JUST for that reason, LOL.

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 694 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.