What would you like to see in Premium Plus?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 690 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

19 minutes ago, Liaa Nova said:

Pretty sure someone said it'll be Thursday when Patch & Grumpity talk; sick of waiting for it now, gonna end up spending the money at this rate!

Patch's talk is Monday. 

Grumpity will be on Thu, with Mojo.  Grumpity's time does make more sense because she is VP of Product and so the new offering will fall under her.

All this waiting, I say the possibility I will be blown away is 10%, and that I will be unimpressed or indifferent is 90%.

It has been too long and my excitement from the first 6 month -a year is worn off. Now it is more a resignation, tell us what it will be LL, and let us get it over with.

• Like 7

2 hours ago, Marianne Little said:

All this waiting, I say the possibility I will be blown away is 10%, and that I will be unimpressed or indifferent is 90%.

It has been too long and my excitement from the first 6 month -a year is worn off. Now it is more a resignation, tell us what it will be LL, and let us get it over with.

Exactly this, I feel the same

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Alwin Alcott said:

what do you want to download?

Such release notes are given every week for the restarts,  the plus code updates were seen several times already.

I was checking the download page for a previous version of the viewer. Just observation about the premium plus. Neat seeing those words. Excited for it.

9 hours ago, Alwin Alcott said:

what do you want to download?

Such release notes are given every week for the restarts,  the plus code updates were seen several times already.

Would be nice if it winds up being a download for a mobile or at least cross platform viewer that they're supposed to be doing something about. It would be the one thing that would motivate me to sign up for Premium Plus.

Oh, I suddenly thought about this: Double as many rolls for those who play GoH (Game of Homes)

- where the goal is to get the best location Linden Home possible.

That could be a boon for Plus over Basic Premium. I don't think I am there... not ready to pay much more for GoH. It could be a nice thing, but not a game changer for me.

It could be a fun surprise, when we think we already know all about Plus.

• Like 3

I was so ready to hit the "upgrade to premium plus" button and was sooo looking forward to the opening and ouch was I disappointed when Patch just mentioned the "new membership stuff" on a side note :( all my excitement is gone now and I don't even care anymore, I'm so tired of their "soons" by now because they are never even close to soon. Meh. Probably the perks are just disappointing anyways but maybe my inner 5yo is just a little too frustrated about the waiting time now lol

• Like 6

All will become clearer SOON (which we hope is  Monday, June 20 at 2pm SLT).

One thing to remember is that Premium Plus (as leaked) appears to be simply an optional financial arrangement with Linden Labs, not a release of new features or services as we have experienced in the past (e.g. mesh, bento, Bellisseria).

If there are perks, they are likely to be the kind where you get more of something that already exists.

I am curious to understand the issue(s) they are addressing with Premium Plus...attracting new residents? retaining existing residents? increasing per resident revenue? 

A headwind for Premium Plus might be that for some, it will be preferable to have 2 Premium accounts rather than one Premium Plus account, because you get 2 Linden Homes rather than just one. And we do LOVE our Linden Homes.

If Premium Plus is not an obvious price reduction, I predict it will be DOA.

• Like 3

I won't be sucked in with a promise of "soon" this time around. I made that mistake with the new linden homes. I waited for them to be released, and then I had to wait additional months and months after they were released because there weren't enough to go around. Fool me once....

Not to say I absolutely won't ever upgrade, but I would have to see some tangible benefits immediately on signing up that would be worth the extra cost to me right at that moment, not a promise of better things in the future.

• Like 2

I am curious to understand the issue(s) they are addressing with Premium Plus...

I've got to agree with your price reduction assessment.  If it doesn't address the odd leap in price for extra mainland tier in a way that makes it make sense to not have extra groups and sandbox access on two premium accounts rather than just enhancing one account with "plus", it won't be broadly adopted.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Anaiya Ahren said:

I've got to agree with your price reduction assessment.  If it doesn't address the odd leap in price for extra mainland tier in a way that makes it make sense to not have extra groups and sandbox access on two premium accounts rather than just enhancing one account with "plus", it won't be broadly adopted.

Addressing the problems with the mainland pricing model is not going to be fixed by tweaking the premium offering, if anything it might actually make stacking premium accounts even more broken, unless they bump the price of regular premium at the same time.

I am not going to be very excited for plus if its value is dependent on there being a regular premium price hike slipped under the door.

• Like 1

Charging for mobile is a terrible idea, that's such a great chance for user growth from a new market. There's a huge market out there that only really uses mobile devices like Android and iOS and they don't have legitimate gaming computers.

There should be something for content creators. If you get "free" land with premium, you should get a parcel with some land impact where you can set up a store. It would be a great chance to basically recreate in world shopping malls. LL just needs a way to take some commissions in world because they'd probably lose money from SLMP commission more than they'd gain in premium plus sales.

Maybe some perks when you are selling on marketplace as well, but obviously something that doesn't make it too unfair to others who aren't premium plus.

• Haha 1

if anything it might actually make stacking premium accounts even more broken,

Stacking premium accounts isn't broken, the strange charges for tier outside of the premium inclusion are what's broken.

My point isn't "get rid of premium stacking" but that  if the benefits don't exceed the benefits of 2 premium accounts (even perhaps by simply including unique "functional perks" or ongoing discounts...or something), or offer some price reduction (even a very small one) over two premium accounts, then I doubt there will be much market for it.

I don't mind account stacking but if LL expect this to increase their income from this product, it seems they need to charge less than the full premium fee or give more benefits than 2 premium accounts obtain.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 690 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.