Sakura: Let the Games Begin!

EnchantrixLisa

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 662 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

1 hour ago, Maitimo said:

Whatever region that is, it's a near-mirror of mine. I have the house at the top of an identical waterfall (but the street at the front is slightly different, mine has different landscaping between the street and the house).

52085818530_5e1935bef0_b.jpg

52084286797_7fa473a459_b.jpg

The house I posted is in Sekiei. I didn't know there was a clone, though I've seen a few other sets of clones around!

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Sylvia Tamalyn said:

The house I posted is in Sekiei. I didn't know there was a clone, though I've seen a few other sets of clones around!

Mine is Kenkyona Ikebana. I suspect there'll be a couple more somewhere too. BTW I checked the street front and it IS the same (I was misremembering from a previous one).

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

There is a mystery in Taihu.  http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Taihu/133/122/23

mystery_001.thumb.jpg.145a1ad2ada75605c095ebf09414ba47.jpg

It looks like a 512 parcel without a home rezzed ... but it isn't.   There is no home controller.  It is a 288m2 rez zone.  98 prims permitted, 5 minute autoreturn.  Around it there are flowers and 2 benches facing inward, as if it was a performance space.   In the road right next to it, there is a regular land rez zone. There are steps from the road leading down into it.

What is it for?

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Nika Talaj said:

There is a mystery in Taihu.  http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Taihu/133/122/23

It looks like a 512 parcel without a home rezzed ... but it isn't.   There is no home controller.  It is a 288m2 rez zone.  98 prims permitted, 5 minute autoreturn.  Around it there are flowers and 2 benches facing inward, as if it was a performance space.   In the road right next to it, there is a regular land rez zone. There are steps from the road leading down into it.

What is it for?

Taihu.thumb.jpg.de7d5985cd562679ea8efa5e41602e33.jpg

Two rez zones literally next to each other?!

Edited by SarahKB7 Koskinen
  • Like 1

• Moles
9 hours ago, Nika Talaj said:

What is it for?

Rez a blanket, sit on it and have a picnic? Rez a hellicopter and go for a ride? The possibilities are almost mindless.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 5

9 minutes ago, Abnor Mole said:

Rez a blanket, sit on it and have a picnic? Rez a hellicopter and go for a ride? The possibilities are almost mindless.

Having both is smart.

That's much better than having to rez things in the road, and possibly getting run over!

And better than having to rez cars in a grassy plot, and tearing up the landscape to drive up onto the road (if your car can even go up those steps)!

Great idea!

• Like 4

On 6/23/2022 at 7:12 AM, Enola Dethly said:

Anyone knows if we can get the white retaining walls somewhere? I see them all around Sakura but they are not in the content pack. 

/me empties her wallet into an envelope and labels it hopefully  @Blush Bravin

I almost kept a nice-but-not-spectacular parcel just because it had the cutest little gate/opening through its white fence onto a path in back

• Like 4

On 6/26/2022 at 1:35 AM, Liaa Nova said:

I got a lovely 1024 facing a canal with what I guess is a void sim next to it, only problem is I'm betting those pesky moles come spoil the view 🤣

With the way they've been landscaping the Sakuras, I think it's a safe bet that it won't be "spoiled", even if it's not water any more.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

On 6/28/2022 at 7:10 PM, Maitimo said:

With the way they've been landscaping the Sakuras, I think it's a safe bet that it won't be "spoiled", even if it's not water any more.

I am slowly getting exited about the 2048's coming. Maybe this year. I force myself to not be super exited. It is better to expect not so much, and be pleasantly surprised.

I didn't know why I was so grumpy about the Newbrooke's, but then I understood. I had waited and waited for a modern theme. It would be extraordinary hard to live up to the glorious things I imagined. So now I say to myself, you will be disappointed, Mari. It will be mediocre...

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

• Moles
3 hours ago, Marianne Little said:

It would be extraordinary hard to live up to the glorious things I imagined. So now I say to myself, you will be disappointed, Mari. It will be mediocre...

Expectations can skew our perceptions. Was Top Gun: Maverick the "greatest movie ever made"? Not really. Would I have liked it more if I had been pleasantly surprised and not influenced by the hype? Probably.

It reminds me of something I heard regarding the power of expectations on perception. If you leave a can of soda and a cup of coffee out for an hour the coffee will taste cold while the soda will taste warm, but objectively they are the same temperature.

• Like 9

1 minute ago, Abnor Mole said:

. If you leave a can of soda and a cup of coffee out for an hour the coffee will taste cold while the soda will taste warm, but objectively they are the same temperature.

Yes And........ subjectively in both cases that same temperature could very well be delicious to some people.  Belli is delicious to some people.  BELLI IS DELICIOUS!  Settle down, Virtue; alright Virtue.  Nite nite, Virtue. 

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Virtue Demina said:

Yes And........ subjectively in both cases that same temperature could very well be delicious to some people.  Belli is delicious to some people.  BELLI IS DELICIOUS!  Settle down, Virtue; alright Virtue.  Nite nite, Virtue. 

GET IN MY BELLY! Then, we can go Belli-dancing.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

For me, evaluating Sakura parcels is not completely straightforward.  I've had a few impressively box-checking parcels - one with a riot of flowering trees and an adorable fence, right on the water, park next door with a little stone stair to the water.   Another with an open feel right next to the mountain.  Another on the water with a country cottage feel, white fencing & vines & a bridge, little neighborhood path behind.  There's a lot of charming parcels in Sakura.

My hopper retires this week, and the only one I'm keeping is my Happy Weasel place.  It looks directly over at a neighbor's house and is not on the water.  (Actually, I like having homes around me in Sakura, it feels more like I'm in the Japan that @Abnor Mole describes).  I doubt any Premium Plus member would have picked this home.  But what DOES it have?

1919731067_weasel_005mine.thumb.jpg.0f81b3fff6085711b3616958babc4d09.jpg

Mine is circled in blue, Shobu is circled in red.  I love being near those gardens.  You can see I have open land next to me, and am on a corner where if I walk one way I'm at the mountain (water rez zone right there too), and if I walk the other I'm one house away from the water.  You can see there's a land rez zone near too.

If I walk to the water and turn right to get to the rez zone 1 house away, here I am, with flowering trees and a grand staircase.  My house is not next to it, it's where the aqua box is on the right.  But I love to return to this nearby spot after I explore via boat.

weasel_001.thumb.jpg.6eb4912f5f141222404d148c38e93104.jpg

And the mountain, due east, just mesmerizes me.  I have a beautiful view from the yoga pad on my lily pond deck, and I even see it when lying on the bed upstairs.

weasel_003.thumb.jpg.b30e1d763dd22437075278f222f02ac5.jpg

From a checkbox point of view, there are better parcels, even in this region.  But checkboxes aren't everything, and I love the feel of this one - we should all count our blessings, I think, who live in Sakura.  The percentage of interesting parcels and lovely regions is VERY high.

Edited by Nika Talaj
  • Like 17

I rolled an alt who was about to expire/downgrade and (wouldn't you know it) she landed a stunning place that I fell in love with, so I have to renew her. This is a home up in the hills. There isn't any water (canals, lakes, streams) but it has the most stunning forest and rocky hills. I especially love this place because it doesn't share any boarders with any neighbors and has mountain/forest on two sides. It feels very private. Also the mole landscaping on the planters surrounding it is very lush and lovely. I added my own pond to the yard.

Fluffi's Sakura (2).jpg

Fluffi's backyard (2).jpg

• Like 17

56 minutes ago, Teresa Firelight said:

I rolled an alt who was about to expire/downgrade and (wouldn't you know it) she landed a stunning place that I fell in love with, so I have to renew her. This is a home up in the hills. There isn't any water (canals, lakes, streams) but it has the most stunning forest and rocky hills. I especially love this place because it doesn't share any boarders with any neighbors and has mountain/forest on two sides. It feels very private. Also the mole landscaping on the planters surrounding it is very lush and lovely. I added my own pond to the yard.

Fluffi's Sakura (2).jpg

Fluffi's backyard (2).jpg

I love your wraparound pond; it is so beautiful and I can hear the quiet water sounds and feel a soft breeze blowing across the surface even without my sound turned on!  ♥️

• Like 5

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 662 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.