Sakura: Let the Games Begin!

EnchantrixLisa

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 654 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

1 hour ago, Marianne Little said:

Diagonal? Has anyone seen that placement before? In any Linden home?

It is interesting.

When I was new and didn't know better, I had bought my first house. And I set it up in some really crazy way. It was not 45 degrees, something like 36 or 21. It was a pain to place furniture in. I was so new, I didn't know what I was doing.

45 degrees is not so difficult, I could furnish such a small house.

The house is still on a strict north/south or east/west axis, it's actually the bridge that is at an angle. I've found the parcel Sylvia showed, and in that photo the top of the bridge is pointing south-east, not south. Here's a photo showing the entrance facing due south. 

south.jpg

Edited by Frigga Freidman
clarification
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 4

13 hours ago, Sylvia Tamalyn said:

I'm about to put back this very interesting 512 (just to the left of the rez zone). Aside from having both road and boat rez zones right there, this one is situated at a diagonal (as are the nearby houses), so that you actually don't have a neighbor right next to you! Considering how "close" some of the 512s seem, this is pretty cool. :D

Snapshot_001.png

I like how they did that. It makes the 512 look like it has much more room around it. Plus, you have a rez zone right there! That is a score!

• Like 3

44 minutes ago, Marianne Little said:

It is interesting.

When I was new and didn't know better, I had bought my first house. And I set it up in some really crazy way. It was not 45 degrees, something like 36 or 21. It was a pain to place furniture in. I was so new, I didn't know what I was doing.

45 degrees is not so difficult, I could furnish such a small house.

YES, I TOTALLY did that too!  What an idiot I was...

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Mercedes Avon said:

I like how they did that. It makes the 512 look like it has much more room around it. Plus, you have a rez zone right there! That is a score!

Exactly! I don't care if it's the house/parcel at an angle, or the road/bridge at an angle, the bottom line is the same... no neighboring house right up against yours! :D 

• Like 5

5 hours ago, Frigga Freidman said:

The house is still on a strict north/south or east/west axis, it's actually the bridge that is at an angle. I've found the parcel Sylvia showed, and in that photo the top of the bridge is pointing south-east, not south. Here's a photo showing the entrance facing due south. 

south.jpg

Fooled by the bridge! 😆

Yes, it looks good. Much, much better than staring in a wall.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

• Moles
23 hours ago, Marianne Little said:

It is not actually on the diagonal, it just appears to be so because of the roads/canals etc around it. :)

Edited by Moonstruck Mole
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2

I love finding all the little surprise/different touches like that! I came across this one last night. From the front, looks pleasant enough, with some nice open space to the side.... but then I ventured around to check out the back yard...

Snapshot_001.jpg

Snapshot_002.jpg

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

Along the lines of surprise touches, take a gander at this never-claimed 512 in Sekiei, which comes with its own separate back entrance, complete with stairs and lantern to light your way!  (One tree derendered so the whole wisteria wall could be seen).  Having a hill in the back and a rez zone only makes it betterer.

512_002.thumb.jpg.2562af2f3f7a476762a8840db6609db3.jpg

Edited by Nika Talaj
  • Like 11

A mole mentioned that they tried hard to make each parcel have a little something and I am finding that to be true. I rolled a landlocked lot but it is very lovely. I adore it. It has two levels of retaining wall in the front that looks amazing, walls on the side so I can not see the neighbor's homes and the back is sunken and the house in the back is on a hill and landscaped in such a way that I can only see the house's roof. It is charming from all directions.

• Like 6

I almost abandoned this parcel because there was no water and the view of the snowy mountain was more like a sideways peek....then I looked more closely at the back yard.  Stone steps leading directly from the yard to a secret hidden spring, complete with steam and bathing rocks!   I love this Sakura theme, it is full of surprises!

1450628086_SecretLake.thumb.jpg.9d4da6352dffda82d6d4306b64658d4c.jpg

The parcel boundary ends just past the Torii gate

1807019300_SecretLake2.thumb.jpg.dda7ef44d4194cfb4c613317ceb832e9.jpg

• Like 13

9 hours ago, Malayaa Morningstar said:

I almost abandoned this parcel because there was no water and the view of the snowy mountain was more like a sideways peek....then I looked more closely at the back yard.  Stone steps leading directly from the yard to a secret hidden spring, complete with steam and bathing rocks!   I love this Sakura theme, it is full of surprises!

1450628086_SecretLake.thumb.jpg.9d4da6352dffda82d6d4306b64658d4c.jpg

The parcel boundary ends just past the Torii gate

1807019300_SecretLake2.thumb.jpg.dda7ef44d4194cfb4c613317ceb832e9.jpg

Hi neighbor! I've often admired your backyard. I think we have the best neighborhood!

I love the hot springs located just up the hill beyond that lake. It even has sits in some of the rocks.

5bfe66e6d87f68ecb9abd40a46203274.jpg

Edited by Blush Bravin
  • Like 9

EDIT: I've sent copies to the 8 people who'd responded before 7pm SLT Wednesday. If anyone else wants one, just drop me a line here in the Forum messages. 

For anyone who is using the Shion, but finding that long room way too large... I've been waiting for someone to put a wall on the Marketplace as I have no Blender skills. Got impatient, so made one myself. It *isn't* mesh, but made within SL with prims - 4 LI. Free to anyone who's interested. You need to supply the double door from your Sakura Content pack. The wall uses the Sakura interior wall texture and can be recolored/retextured via Edit > Select face. The texture on the moldings is the Sakura interior wood texture, but it's horizontal rather than vertical (I tried to re-orient it but gave up  because... impatient) and it can also be recolored to match the colors given in the Sakura Tints notecard for Baseboard/Door/Trim. (The top of the baseboard and the bottom of the molding on the ceiling have been left as the color for Oak, so don't forget to recolor those faces if you'll be using a different wood!) You'll need to do all the placement manually. So, if you'd like a copy, let me know via a message and I'll send it to you. (Later today.) P.S. Also fits in the Sumire.

shion wall.jpg

shionwall2.jpg

shionwall3.jpg

Edited by Frigga Freidman
  • Like 13

Finally explored my "Shion" 1024 home (I've just been sitting on the stoop coding LSL the last few days).

I like the layout, and the central area (maybe for a "garden")!

There is one odd bit, a single Western-style door into the room closest to the entrance.  Maybe that is for a WC / bathroom, where you'd want a bit more privacy?

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

There is one odd bit, a single Western-style door into the room closest to the entrance.  Maybe that is for a WC / bathroom, where you'd want a bit more privacy?

That’s a disappointment. There’s no reason I can see why that room couldn’t have had a sliding door.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Love Zhaoying said:

I did not check the others yet, for all I know every 1024 Sakura house has a "private" room like that.

No, they don't. Some have more of the Western style doors, though. The mix of two types in a house is somewhat jarring. (Anyway, in my Shion that will be the room where the yoga mat lives.)

• Like 4

On 5/31/2022 at 5:04 PM, Sylvia Tamalyn said:

I love finding all the little surprise/different touches like that! I came across this one last night. From the front, looks pleasant enough, with some nice open space to the side.... but then I ventured around to check out the back yard...

Snapshot_001.jpg

Snapshot_002.jpg

Whatever region that is, it's a near-mirror of mine. I have the house at the top of an identical waterfall (but the street at the front is slightly different, mine has different landscaping between the street and the house).

52085818530_5e1935bef0_b.jpg

52084286797_7fa473a459_b.jpg

Edited by Maitimo
  • Like 5

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 654 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.