Sakura: Let the Games Begin!

EnchantrixLisa

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 662 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I have noticed some cool examples of what @Abnor Mole mentioned about some 512s having more space. This one is landlocked but very spacious because it's situated sideways at the base of a hill. It is so unique I thought it was a new version of one of the 512 models at first, then realized duh, it's sideways! It's really a nice look IMO.

http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Nichibotsu/115/205/47

Snapshot_005.png

• Like 7

• Moles
5 hours ago, Teresa Firelight said:

I have 5 rolls today that say you moles missed your mark! Take the house at Aoi Hanabatake(22,55,22) for example (my most recent roll). It has ZERO of the features you mentioned.. as did the previous rolls. This one is boxed in on all sides, very tight space between lots, no scenery, no water, no privacy, nothing to see but other similarly jammed houses. I would consider this (and the others I rolled today) a truly bad spot.

I should add, however, that there are a lot of very nice spots and overall you all did a great job. But atm the LP is giving those who roll other people's throwaways... so the spots coming up for many of us are the less desirable ones. (This happened on other themes too and eventually it will even out and nice spots will be available again.)

Aoi Hanabatake(22,55,22)
7059dfafc2d29edfe018e72c0dd034e4.jpg

I see a house with 8m between parcels (which is usually standard in most themes) with an extra bit of space between the parcel line and the walls, the parcel raised up a bit with retaining walls topped with some nice greenery, walls between houses to obscure the view into the neighbors houses a bit. It's not the most unique spot, but it seems like a great location for someone interested in making their own Japanese style outdoor garden. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

• Like 12
  • Thanks 2

4 hours ago, Tary Allen said:

Snapshot_095.png

Wow, what a nice parcel.  Just beyond this large front patio, there is a creek tumbling down the hillside from a waterfall & pond.  The hill above this little row of 512s has no homes.  If you walk through the bamboo grove downhill in the back, and along the top of a row of hedges between homes, you are at a rez zone by the canal.  This area has a real "upscale Japanese neighborhood" feel.

• Like 6

9 hours ago, Morena Tully said:

I'd just like to say this is the theme I've been waiting for since Bellisseria was born, and it hasn't disappointed! I've lost interest in SL for quite a while, over a year, but when I got the notification from the LH update thread, I dropped everything and flew to the land page! After seeing the variety of parcels and the stunning community center, the urge to keep logging in is coming back, beyond the house hunting.

I'm so happy there are 2 lot sizes, because the smaller ones really appeal to me, and I actually like the ones that are not on water better, because of the serene feeling landscape. There's definitely something for everyone in this theme, so thank you team Mole ❤️

Proof that it's different strokes for different folks. That's what is so wonderful about Bellisseria!

• Like 4

My idea was just getting the content package and play around with an extra alt I have, since I'm mostly gone from Bellisseria, but then this morning, I landed here. It will be hard to let this view go; when it comes to landscaping, this is the best theme so far. I just wish the houses were not so close to each other, and that the 512 homes would be a bit smaller too, so you could at least walk around the garden

nemuru.jpg

Edited by Elena Core
  • Like 10
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, Nika Talaj said:

Wow, what a nice parcel.  Just beyond this large front patio, there is a creek tumbling down the hillside from a waterfall & pond.  The hill above this little row of 512s has no homes.  If you walk through the bamboo grove downhill in the back, and along the top of a row of hedges between homes, you are at a rez zone by the canal.  This area has a real "upscale Japanese neighborhood" feel.

Yes, if this was a 1024 it would be a keeper. I love the stream near by. And if you increase your draw distance you can see Mount Soji. 

Beautiful at night too, those soji lamps in the content pack give a lovely light .

• Like 6

20 hours ago, Tary Allen said:

@Marianne Little I got one that has lovely views, back and front, it is  hard to release it, but, I want a 1024 and this one is a 512.

Snapshot_095.png

Snapshot_096.png

It is really lovely! ❤️ I do not want a 512 either. It is more 512's with the best views. Well, many more of them than 1024's.

I love the Campers landscaping! That was really the best landscaping up until now. Sakura landscaping is impressive, really, really desirable in some locations, Campers has a good landscape for (almost) all.

I think Newbrooke had many very nice 512's too. Is it a recurring pattern here? 🤨 😄

But I never lived in one. I need more Li. It is just me, others enjoy their 512's. It is nice for them that 512's get so much love when the regions are made.

Edited by Marianne Little
Added a bit to the end
  • Like 4

• Moles
18 hours ago, Sylvia Tamalyn said:

I have noticed some cool examples of what @Abnor Mole mentioned about some 512s having more space.

I didn't say 512 parcels have more space. They still technically only have 512sqm. A 512 house on 1024 parcel however gives more garden space because the house itself has a smaller footprint made to fit in a 512sqm parcel. But I may have alluded to giving some 512 parcels better locations on average as one of the ways we would offset the fact it is a smaller parcel. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

10 minutes ago, Abnor Mole said:

I didn't say 512 parcels have more space. They still technically only have 512sqm. A 512 house on 1024 parcel however gives more garden space because the house itself has a smaller footprint made to fit in a 512sqm parcel. But I may have alluded to giving some 512 parcels better locations on average as one of the ways we would offset the fact it is a smaller parcel. 

Yes, I do know that 512 sq. m. parcels are the same size. I was alluding to your comments about how 512s tend to be more crowded but some have other offsetting features that.... eh, never mind, I'll just be misunderstood again. 😂

/me returns to decorating

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

• Moles
34 minutes ago, Sylvia Tamalyn said:

Yes, I do know that 512 sq. m. parcels are the same size. I was alluding to your comments about how 512s tend to be more crowded but some have other offsetting features that.... eh, never mind, I'll just be misunderstood again. 

/me returns to decorating

Ah, I see what you meant. It may mean a bit more space, but it also might be a nice view, or be on the water, or have an unusual entry, be next to a stream, etc. 

For example: b44e597c6cff069192930280c2db9182.jpg

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Though only doing one refresh per day (while waiting for regions I'm more interested in to begin being claimed), my alt has graduated to getting very nice parcels in Sakura.  Two doors away from his most recent catch, there is something I've never seen in Belli ... a pedestrian tunnel (pretty long one!), going directly to a water rez zone.  Letting the 1024 parcel go now ...

http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Moumoku no Ushi/25/178/23

Edited by Nika Talaj
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, Nika Talaj said:

Though only doing one refresh per day (while waiting for regions I'm more interested in to begin being claimed), my alt has graduated to getting very nice parcels in Sakura.  Two doors away from his most recent catch, there is something I've never seen in Belli ... a pedestrian tunnel (pretty long one!), going directly to a water rez zone.  Letting the 1024 parcel go now ...

http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Moumoku no Ushi/25/178/23

I want to see the tunnel! I probably landed this house at some point and never even noticed that nearby. 😂

Snapshot_001.png

Edited by Sylvia Tamalyn
Found it!
  • Like 1
  • Haha 5

On 5/19/2022 at 6:37 PM, Tary Allen said:

I still have it, going to let it go in the weekend and start looking for a 1024 or a good log. 

If anyone wants to come by and have a look is at http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Airashii Mogura/93/142/35. Soundscape on, mine and the region so be prepared for a lovely nature sound

Bethany is my alt :)

I got this parcel today on my oldest account - it is incredibly well placed it might be time for me to swap main avatars as I don't fancy making this switch and I love this little spot - thanks for putting it back out there!

• Like 5

52 minutes ago, Chloe Bunny said:

I got this parcel today on my oldest account - it is incredibly well placed it might be time for me to swap main avatars as I don't fancy making this switch and I love this little spot - thanks for putting it back out there!

I caught it when Tary tossed it, and I tossed it last night. Glad it landed with someone who wants to keep it! :) 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Chloe Bunny said:

It is a great place, like @Sylvia Tamalyn said I'm glad it landed with someone who likes it :)

• Like 6

17 minutes ago, Sylvia Tamalyn said:

I caught it when Tary tossed it, and I tossed it last night. Glad it landed with someone who wants to keep it! :) 

Chloe has one on a waterway by a void which is nice but it's not what I would call next level - this mountain stream one is amazing, thanks!

• Like 5

Found out that the Newbrooke pavement tiles are a pretty close match for the Sakura tiles...the texture in the pack for pavement is not tiled, and I don't have enough LI left to stick a bunch of squares together lol...but was able to color match fairly closely (materials on, Nans optimal skin and prim).   RBG 191, 186, 178   the first row of pavement tiles closest to the mailbox is the Linden one.  If someone has already done this with a closer RBG let me know :D

554557888_sakurapavementtiles.thumb.jpg.1d3139cb1eac1b21cef91cc671d93192.jpg

• Like 9

5 hours ago, Malayaa Morningstar said:

Found out that the Newbrooke pavement tiles are a pretty close match for the Sakura tiles...the texture in the pack for pavement is not tiled, and I don't have enough LI left to stick a bunch of squares together lol...but was able to color match fairly closely (materials on, Nans optimal skin and prim).   RBG 191, 186, 178   the first row of pavement tiles closest to the mailbox is the Linden one.  If someone has already done this with a closer RBG let me know :D

554557888_sakurapavementtiles.thumb.jpg.1d3139cb1eac1b21cef91cc671d93192.jpg

34899f44ebbe706bbe498f99c3ef3aef.jpg

To match the darker color around the pavement, I used the LH - Newbrooke - Pavement Curb texture. I keep tweaking the color though. I can't get it perfect but it's close enough I don't think anyone is going to notice a difference. Latest RGB is 185,178,161. I'll probably continue tweaking.. lol.

Edited by Blush Bravin
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 4

Is anybody else having the problem that the lanterns (paper or stone) from the Sakura Content pack do not turn on?  They have touch events & scripts, but when touched I don't see anything happen.  Even at midnight.  No glow, no light, no particles, nada.  I put the lantern into edit and checked it for light, or glow/full bright on faces, nothing. 

I tried a light from a Trad content pack, it worked. I tried one of my own lamps, it has a little light and glow when on, and it worked.  I went to a sandbox and tried a Sakura lamp, and it didn't work there either.  I relogged, no go.  I brought in the parcel owner and she tried it.  Newp.  I reset the scripts.  Nogo.  

I unpacked the content creation pack again and tried these new copies.  No change.

I can put in a script that will work, but is anyone else seeing this happen?

ETA: I just checked one more thing - yes, the scripts are running, tho they don't seem to be doing anything visible.

Edited by Nika Talaj
  • Like 3
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, Nika Talaj said:

Is anybody else having the problem that the lanterns (paper or stone) from the Sakura Content pack do not turn on?  They have touch events & scripts, but when touched I don't see anything happen.  Even at midnight.  No glow, no light, no particles, nada.  I put the lantern into edit and checked it for light, or glow/full bright on faces, nothing. 

I tried a light from a Trad content pack, it worked. I tried one of my own lamps, it has a little light and glow when on, and it worked.  I went to a sandbox and tried a Sakura lamp, and it didn't work there either.  I relogged, no go.  I brought in the parcel owner and she tried it.  Newp.  I reset the scripts.  Nogo.  

I unpacked the content creation pack again and tried these new copies.  No change.

I can put in a script that will work, but is anyone else seeing this happen?

ETA: I just checked one more thing - yes, the scripts are running, tho they don't seem to be doing anything visible.

I'm not sure about the paper lanterns, but the stone ones and the interior ones would light up at night. The stone lanterns are very soft, at first it seemed to me that they wouldn't light too. I'm always at the default region time on Belli, 

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 662 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.