Sakura: Let the Games Begin!

EnchantrixLisa

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 634 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

37 minutes ago, Paulsian said:

I was checking out Sakura earlier and I ran into a bit of lag at the community center. It was just that area and I think there were only couple people at the time there. Very beautiful will check it out more tomorrow. 

anyone else notice unusual lag around the community center?

I have been doing some sim hopping and was at the community centre and absolutely no lag.

• Like 3

This is becoming comical.  I just got a parcel with close neighbors on 3 sides, and in the front you face a street ... and across the street there is a high retaining wall.  It has ivy on it, but there is a distinct jail cell feel to this poor place!  LOL!  

Time to go make tacos!

(Don't feel bad for me, maybe tomorrow I'll spend time in that gorgeous stilt I picked up.  It's an OL parcel, but the front door faces water.  Tricky.  Should be fun.)

• Like 3

8 hours ago, Sylvia Tamalyn said:

I'm tossing this back for the same reason mentioned previously: none of the home models give a good enough view of the water! This is a 512 so the parcel is small, and the big windows all look right smack against' my neighbor's house. I'm sure someone can make something of it; it's a beautiful location, but I'd rather not work that hard. 🤣

Snapshot_001.png

Lol I could do beautiful things with, inside and behind that house..😏

• Like 2

7 hours ago, OkinamiTomoe said:

Lol I could do beautiful things with, inside and behind that house..😏

I hope you catch it (it was still in Maintenance last night)! I'd have no trouble doing the inside, but having a view like that and not being able to easily see it from inside the house was a deal breaker for me. I want someone who will love it to have it, and that someone is not me!

• Moles

It bares reminding that there are certain realities to Linden Homes that always need to be met. Fitting two dozen or so parcels in a region is one of them. One of the big desires we keep hearing is "water water water!"  In order for that to be possible, we have to move parcels closer together to make room for waterways. We tried to offset that somewhat with walls and fences (something very befitting a Japanese based theme) and some screening foliage to try to give parcels at least some added privacy. In many cases we used the retaining walls to achieve some added height changes, something which also make the waterways possible. 

The reality is though, that for the most part in Sakura you will have neighbors and some of them will feel quite close. It is a Japanese theme after all. 😄 Houses in Japanese suburban areas are actually MUCH closer to one another than anything in Sakura.

Building Linden Homes is a balancing act weighing one thing against another and offsetting negatives with positives. With Sakura we feel that we hit that balance about as close as we possibly could; more than with any other theme we have done. We work under the guideline of "equal but not identical" where no parcel has everything but no parcel has nothing either. There are no truly "bad" parcels. They are all good parcels in their own way, just some in different ways than others. A parcel may have a nice view, but it has neighbors close by. A parcel may feel a little hemmed in, but it has an added amount of privacy. A parcel may be 512sqm, but it is in really really nice location. 

It's all about finding a balance that checks off the most important boxes that matter to you and finding your place in that balance, which in a way is actually very Zen... which is also befitting a Japanese theme.

• Like 23
  • Thanks 8

1 hour ago, Abnor Mole said:

It bares reminding that there are certain realities to Linden Homes that always need to be met. Fitting two dozen or so parcels in a region is one of them. One of the big desires we keep hearing is "water water water!"  In order for that to be possible, we have to move parcels closer together to make room for waterways. We tried to offset that somewhat with walls and fences (something very befitting a Japanese based theme) and some screening foliage to try to give parcels at least some added privacy. In many cases we used the retaining walls to achieve some added height changes, something which also make the waterways possible. 

The reality is though, that for the most part in Sakura you will have neighbors and some of them will feel quite close. It is a Japanese theme after all. 😄 Houses in Japanese suburban areas are actually MUCH closer to one another than anything in Sakura.

Building Linden Homes is a balancing act weighing one thing against another and offsetting negatives with positives. With Sakura we feel that we hit that balance about as close as we possibly could; more than with any other theme we have done. We work under the guideline of "equal but not identical" where no parcel has everything but no parcel has nothing either. There are no truly "bad" parcels. They are all good parcels in their own way, just some in different ways than others. A parcel may have a nice view, but it has neighbors close by. A parcel may feel a little hemmed in, but it has an added amount of privacy. A parcel may be 512sqm, but it is in really really nice location. 

It's all about finding a balance that checks off the most important boxes that matter to you and finding your place in that balance, which in a way is actually very Zen... which is also befitting a Japanese theme.

Balance and Zen ❤️  I love how you articulated this.  Abnor, you are so very articulate.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Abnor Mole said:

Totally agree, which is why I let that one parcel next to all that water go. The one I got at the base of the mountain (with smaller but more visible water) works for me, and I know that Big Water one I gave up will work for someone else. 

Plus, I love that mountain!

• Like 6

I'm not taking a Sakura house; but I am lurking in the regions and taking pictures of how beautiful everything is.  The views are just so lovely.  Being able to see that mountain in the distance is a lovely flourish of creative inspiration for a Linden Home ❤️

Sakura.png.80113ca81944e586f5dc54308cb8c399.png

• Like 11

The 512 a friend got has a nice level of privacy. The closest house has a little raised area with trees between and the others are either over the road or the other side of the water. Plus it's a corner water spot, so water on two sides. I need to get a little boat so I can sail there from my house.

• Like 4

19 hours ago, Nika Talaj said:

This is becoming comical.  I just got a parcel with close neighbors on 3 sides, and in the front you face a street ... and across the street there is a high retaining wall.  It has ivy on it, but there is a distinct jail cell feel to this poor place!  LOL!  

Time to go make tacos!

(Don't feel bad for me, maybe tomorrow I'll spend time in that gorgeous stilt I picked up.  It's an OL parcel, but the front door faces water.  Tricky.  Should be fun.)

I just abandoned a canel facing 512 on Gyakusetsu .. has close neighbor (my other alt) on one side, open space behind and huge open space to the other side. Hope you can land it. Good Luck.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Teresa Firelight said:

I just abandoned a canel facing 512 on Gyakusetsu .. has close neighbor (my other alt) on one side, open space behind and huge open space to the other side. Hope you can land it. Good Luck.

Ah, thank you for thinking of me!  I just got home now, and that parcel appears to be long gone.  So I noticed that a great parcel in Hikaru Mogura had come free half an hour ago, so I refreshed and  ...  continued my tour of boxed in parcels far from water and Sojisan! Afterwards  I TP'd back to the parcel I was hoping for and it had been claimed a minute before I got there.  LOL!  Too bad this avatar's premium doesn't expire for months, he is clearly cursed!

Well, it's gorgeous out, I'm going for a walk, which is a better thing to do anyway.  Oh, and yesterday ... I REALLY enjoyed my tacos!  I charred the shells a bit like Food Network folks do, and they're right, that really improves white corn tortillas :)

• Like 4

I'd just like to say this is the theme I've been waiting for since Bellisseria was born, and it hasn't disappointed! I've lost interest in SL for quite a while, over a year, but when I got the notification from the LH update thread, I dropped everything and flew to the land page! After seeing the variety of parcels and the stunning community center, the urge to keep logging in is coming back, beyond the house hunting.

I'm so happy there are 2 lot sizes, because the smaller ones really appeal to me, and I actually like the ones that are not on water better, because of the serene feeling landscape. There's definitely something for everyone in this theme, so thank you team Mole ❤️

• Like 13

22 hours ago, Abnor Mole said:

With Sakura we feel that we hit that balance about as close as we possibly could; more than with any other theme we have done. We work under the guideline of "equal but not identical" where no parcel has everything but no parcel has nothing either. There are no truly "bad" parcels. They are all good parcels in their own way, just some in different ways than others. A parcel may have a nice view, but it has neighbors close by. A parcel may feel a little hemmed in, but it has an added amount of privacy. A parcel may be 512sqm, but it is in really really nice location. 

I have 5 rolls today that say you moles missed your mark! Take the house at Aoi Hanabatake(22,55,22) for example (my most recent roll). It has ZERO of the features you mentioned.. as did the previous rolls. This one is boxed in on all sides, very tight space between lots, no scenery, no water, no privacy, nothing to see but other similarly jammed houses. I would consider this (and the others I rolled today) a truly bad spot.

I should add, however, that there are a lot of very nice spots and overall you all did a great job. But atm the LP is giving those who roll other people's throwaways... so the spots coming up for many of us are the less desirable ones. (This happened on other themes too and eventually it will even out and nice spots will be available again.)

Edited by Teresa Firelight

22 hours ago, Abnor Mole said:

A parcel may feel a little hemmed in, but it has an added amount of privacy. A parcel may be 512sqm, but it is in really really nice location.

I am delighted by my 512 (Topaz Tea House and Bath Open home with Tea, Coffee, Whisky, Treats, PG Bath) - Feels very private with views of Sujisan in the back. Got this on my 5th roll 😄

1 Benibara phototool- Absinthe Light_001.jpg

2 Benibara_005.jpg

3 Benibara_013.jpg

• Like 5

1 hour ago, diamond Marchant said:

I am delighted by my 512 (Topaz Tea House and Bath Open home with Tea, Coffee, Whisky, Treats, PG Bath) - Feels very private with views of Sujisan in the back. Got this on my 5th roll 😄

3 Benibara_013.jpg

That view out the back is simply lovely! But alas, it will be for the lucky few.

Location for Linden Homes is the one to rule them all. Because all get the same house options. It is already said that so many Sakura's has the best view out the front, so you scored big here with your view.

So many Stilt homes on the edge of water turned the large sliding doors in against land. But the absolutely worst imho: Log homes... lovely backyard, often with water, and the big windows turned away and facing the road.

Edited by Marianne Little
  • Like 2

Wow, Tary, those views are just gorgeous!  Must have been hard to give that one up.  Sakura has a WHOLE LOT of beautifully situated 512 parcels, which actually is why I'm not claiming any ... I like having more LI, and I think it's quite possible I would absolutely fall in love with many 512s I've seen unclaimed.

A lot of folks are not as focused on the perfect location as many of us forum regulars are.  I haven't seen a region that is unappealing, I think that ALL of Sakura's regions have points of interests and/or beauty (btw, have you noticed that some hot spring rocks have sits in them?).  I really don't like the term "tossers".  For a lot of folks, being on a nice region that has pretty things nearby, a rez zone two streets away, and 16 homes to choose from is heaven enough. Particularly if you don't have the time that some of us on the forums have to keep checking the map.

It's become humorous to me that my poor hopper seems to be actively avoiding parcels that I would be content with, but there are many regions that have not made it to the top of the queue.   He's meditating in Shobu meanwhile.

Edited by Nika Talaj
  • Like 3

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 634 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.