Discontinued items you miss. (RL or SL)

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 749 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Name some:

Popeye's Cajun Fried Rice
Popeye's Cajun Fish
Popeye's Chicken Bowl (I think that was what it was called: red beans and rice mixed with chicken and topped with cheese. Came with a packet of sour cream to add even more flavor.)
Popeye's Jambalaya
Popeye's Gumbo

I think you may notice a pattern with me here.....

• Like 1

KFC Chicken Livers -- Though I believe there are still some locations in the US that sell them, probably in the South somewhere.

Arby's Hot Ham & Swiss.   Arby's Potato Cakes.

And Burger King Chicken Tenders -- they were easy to eat while driving.

Old McD's french fries -- before they changed the oil that they cook them in (yes, unhealthy, but awesome tasting)

Gopi got me thinking of food.

Edited by LittleMe Jewell
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Gopi Passiflora said:

Name some:

Popeye's Cajun Fried Rice
Popeye's Cajun Fish
Popeye's Chicken Bowl (I think that was what it was called: red beans and rice mixed with chicken and topped with cheese. Came with a packet of sour cream to add even more flavor.)
Popeye's Jambalaya
Popeye's Gumbo

I think you may notice a pattern with me here.....

All you need is Zatarain's.

https://www.mccormick.com/zatarains

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Arby's - Chicken Cordon Blu and speaking of Arby's I remember when they had real roast beef that you used to be able to see cooking and they hand cut it right there.

Old home Cottage Cheese - I moved states and they don't sell this brand where I am. The cottage cheese they sell has a weird, off taste to me.

The original gravy from KFC that they had when they served rolls and not biscuits.

The original 7-up

Dairy Queen sprinkles they put on ice cream cones

Leg warmers with high heels? Did I sleep through that? I don't remember that at all. I'm afraid to Google. 

I miss the bottom-snap bodysuit and jeans trend - only for the hilarity of having that damn thing unsnap on you and the struggle to keep anyone from noticing.

I also miss:

Atari and C64

Cabbage Patch Koosas

Jelly Shoes

Big Stuf Oreos

• Haha 2

I hate to say it but...flexi dresses.  They really need to find a way to make mesh dresses, especially formal dresses, move when you dance.  It was almost mesmerizing watching those dresses while you danced the night away.

• Like 13

30 minutes ago, Ayashe Ninetails said:

Leg warmers with high heels? Did I sleep through that? I don't remember that at all. I'm afraid to Google

fear not good person here is example. I would go with something like this softerish look. 80s innocent. 

494A5298-B3CC-42DB-B325-F28EDEFE09C9.jpeg

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Paulsian said:

fear not good person here is example. I would go with something like this softerish look. 80s innocent. 

494A5298-B3CC-42DB-B325-F28EDEFE09C9.jpeg

I don't remember those but I remember tucking your jeans into your slouch socks with tennis shoes.

I so agree with Rowan about flexi dresses. The only problem with them is you couldn't sit down in them without looking weird. And I'd add flexi hair to that, too, as long as the creator got the parameters right and it didn't twitch as if it were Medusa's locks.

In RL, Hostess Twinkies and SuzyQs. The crap they've replaced them with just isn't the same. They did a number on those little cookie cakes with marshmallow in them too...the Snackwell's Devil's Food Cookie Cakes. I mean, sure, all of those were terrible for me, but I loved the rare indulgence. All spoiled now.

• Like 1

One of my favorite restaurants to eat at for much of the past decade or so is PF Changs. Gradually overtime they have removed nearly all of my favorite items. I think only 2 remain.

Sichuan Bloody Mary (spicy Bloody Mary)

Flaming Wontons

Asian Tacos

all gone 🥲

Also gone are the awesome staff that would feel bad because I ate so slow and they thought it was because of them and comped me because of it. (I’d intentionally wait until I was nearly done with my appetizer before ordering my meal so not to get it all at once.) They’d also comp a round of drinks for me whenever I brought friends or family.

I still take my mum out to eat there every now and then but its not the same.

1 hour ago, Ayashe Ninetails said:

Leg warmers with high heels? Did I sleep through that? I don't remember that at all. I'm afraid to Google. 

They were a big thing in the middle to late 80's.

They were actually wonderful.  Back then skirt/dress with heels was required for pretty much all office settings and that means your legs froze in the winter.

Edited by LittleMe Jewell

Chicago restaurant & Stands food in general.. Besides any family, It's the only other reason I would ever go to Chicago or Illinois.. As much as I am not a fan of restaurants and places like that making my food.. I really miss things that taste good like that.. hehehehe

1 hour ago, Rowan Amore said:

I hate to say it but...flexi dresses. 

Siss Boom -- Dress call 'amour'.  Comes in a variety of colors and the CI is only 9780.  As typical with the old flexi dresses, you'll have to adjust the sizing at the waist -- and you can't sit in it -- but it is a wonderful low CI flexi gown for dancing.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Finite said:

Asian Tacos

This reminded me:  Denver is one of the test markets for many food chains.  For a few years PF Chang's carried some tacos on their bar menu here where the taco shells were made out of steamed jicama slices and then they were filled with spiced chicken or pork or lobster.  They were absolutely wonderful, but apparently they weren't enough of a big hit around the country, so they didn't last.  My husband and I are now on a search for decent jicama so we can try to make these at home.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 749 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.