Meet me at The Forum Cartel

Cali Souther

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 608 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

On 4/7/2022 at 12:57 AM, Cali Souther said:

I see a lot of people looking to meet others,  and make new friends.

I met a lot of great people, when I first started Second Life, at The Forum Cartel.

http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Allana/205/39/27

I've decided to go hang out, all by myself  [ Like @Madelaine McMasterssits on fences waiting for someone to set on fire ].... [wink]

There is no good time for everyone,  so I'll be there from 6pm SLT - 8pm SLT every Wednesday evening - playing some tunes and hoping to see some old friends and make some new friends! 

Absolutely anyone is welcome!

It is from 3 to 5 in the night for me.
That will not be any time soon that I will hang around then.

• Like 2

Wow!!  Blast from the past!  I was one of the original members when Chris started it, under my original avi, AsheWriter.  Those were the fun days :)  Hadn't been back in years.  Will try to stop by again when something is going on.

• Like 5

2 hours ago, Jordan Whitt said:

I suspect I would be tarred and feathered if I popped in.

.. Well, now that you've given me the idea .. ^_^

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

6 hours ago, Sylvia Tamalyn said:

I don't think anyone from the current forums could ever hope to touch the forum trolling expertise some of our members had back in the day, but if someone does get tarred and feathered, please fire off a group notice to let us all know. 🍿

Forum moderation has changed since then, too. 

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Paul Hexem said:

Forum moderation has changed since then, too. 

Well, yeah, that was part of what I meant. No one could hope to get away with what some people did back in the Wild, Wild, West days of the old forums, so it would be hard to hone one's skills. ;) 

• Like 2

On 4/17/2022 at 10:24 AM, Lewis Luminos said:

Unfortunately same for me; 2-4am but the effect is the same. I'm too old to stay awake that late now.

On 4/16/2022 at 4:08 AM, Sid Nagy said:

It is from 3 to 5 in the night for me.
That will not be any time soon that I will hang around then.

If anyone is interested,   we could do a Saturday afternoon meet up - Let me know :)   

I can't do it every Saturday,  but maybe once a month??    1st Saturday of the month or something like that......

• Like 4

5 hours ago, Robberinthemuseum said:

@Cali Souther Are you still meeting this evening? I'm able to make it this week.

Noooo Wednesday 5-8pm slt is perfect for me!

2 hours ago, Sylvia Tamalyn said:

I think she means an additional time, but still.... it's nice to let others have a chance to attend, too. 

@Cali Souther Are you still meeting this evening? I'm able to make it this week.

Yes,  I'll be there tonight from 6pm SLT to 8 pm SLT - I show up about 5:30 and stay till about 8:30.  :)

This time works best for me,  so I plan to continue as long as there is interest.  I am kinda hoping others will set up meets at other times - convenient for them and other time zones.

Yes,  I did mean ADD a Saturday afternoon meet......  Just need to figure out the best Saturday to start.  My partner is having surgery on May 2nd,  so the first Saturday in May will not work for me,  but that doesn't mean you all can't meet up!  

3 hours ago, Silent Mistwalker said:

Let me know if you ever need to run a crowd off. All I have to do is show up and they all scatter.

You should! And totally not because I have a goose to pluck with you or anything.

tumblr_n6n6m4PVUT1rgubngo1_500.gif

- WonWon

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 608 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.