Meet me at The Forum Cartel

Cali Souther

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 608 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I see a lot of people looking to meet others,  and make new friends.

I met a lot of great people, when I first started Second Life, at The Forum Cartel.

http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Allana/205/39/27

I've decided to go hang out, all by myself  [ Like @Madelaine McMasterssits on fences waiting for someone to set on fire ].... [wink]

There is no good time for everyone,  so I'll be there from 6pm SLT - 8pm SLT every Wednesday evening - playing some tunes and hoping to see some old friends and make some new friends! 

Absolutely anyone is welcome!

• Like 14
  • Thanks 1

On 4/7/2022 at 7:57 AM, Cali Souther said:

I see a lot of people looking to meet others,  and make new friends.

I met a lot of great people, when I first started Second Life, at The Forum Cartel.

http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Allana/205/39/27

I've decided to go hang out, all by myself  [ Like @Madelaine McMasterssits on fences waiting for someone to set on fire ].... [wink]

There is no good time for everyone,  so I'll be there from 6pm SLT - 8pm SLT every Wednesday evening - playing some tunes and hoping to see some old friends and make some new friends! 

Absolutely anyone is welcome!

Count me in next time ^^

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Maitimo said:

6-8pm is much too late for me, but if there's a way for me to take over the stream and spin some tunes, I'd be happy to take over an earlier slot. 

If you're a group member, one of the group owners (there are quite a few) can add you to the DJ group. 

• Like 1

Cali, I didn't see this thread until yesterday, and I think I was in world Wednesday night but I don't recall seeing anything in group chat, either. I think if you send out a group notice *and* get some folks talking in group chat while you spin, people will show up!

*wonders if the old FC HUD still works*

• Like 4

9 hours ago, Maitimo said:

6-8pm is much too late for me, but if there's a way for me to take over the stream and spin some tunes, I'd be happy to take over an earlier slot. 

If you want to be in the DJ Role, send me an IM (for a reminder) and I will take care of it when I log in this afternoon (roughly 2:30 pm or so SLT).

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

If you want to be in the DJ Role, send me an IM (for a reminder) and I will take care of it when I log in this afternoon (roughly 2:30 pm or so SLT).

Wasn't around today but I'll message you tomorrow.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Robberinthemuseum said:

I have Coronavirus ㅠㅠ so I'm taking a week off. I'll be back to join you guys as soon as quarantine is finished ^^

Yuck - sorry.

Unless you are feeling really crummy, such that you don't really want to do anything, isn't SL the perfect way to spend quarantine?

Edited by LittleMe Jewell
  • Like 2

On 4/7/2022 at 10:03 PM, Maitimo said:

You can go spin tunes anytime!   I can try to drop in during the day,  but I am at work - so I may end up being AFK quite a bit.   :)      

On 4/8/2022 at 7:13 AM, Sylvia Tamalyn said:

Cali, I didn't see this thread until yesterday, and I think I was in world Wednesday night but I don't recall seeing anything in group chat, either. I think if you send out a group notice *and* get some folks talking in group chat while you spin, people will show up!

Great idea Sylvia!!!   Hugssssssssss      ~ Can't wait to see you :)

Edited by Cali Souther
  • Like 1

On 4/8/2022 at 10:13 AM, Sylvia Tamalyn said:

On 4/8/2022 at 10:18 AM, LittleMe Jewell said:

Unfortunately no - that went offline a few years back and hasn't worked since.

I'm pretty sure the one I made should still work?

I'll have to check it soon. 

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Paul Hexem said:

I'm pretty sure the one I made should still work?

I'll have to check it soon. 

I just attached it and then TPd to the Hangout to see if it would detect me.  I got this in chat:

[17:00:10] Cartel HUD (with teleport): URL passed to llHTTPRequest contains a control character.
[17:00:40] Cartel HUD (with teleport): URL passed to llHTTPRequest contains a control character.
[17:01:10] Cartel HUD (with teleport): URL passed to llHTTPRequest contains a control character.

And it did not ever turn green while I was there.

Edited by LittleMe Jewell
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

35 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

I just attached it and then TPd to the Hangout to see if it would detect me.  I got this in chat:

[17:00:10] Cartel HUD (with teleport): URL passed to llHTTPRequest contains a control character.
[17:00:40] Cartel HUD (with teleport): URL passed to llHTTPRequest contains a control character.
[17:01:10] Cartel HUD (with teleport): URL passed to llHTTPRequest contains a control character.

And it did not ever turn green while I was there.

Yep, LL broke it. I'll have to roll out a fix.

• Like 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 608 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.