What do you want to look like, males?

HeathcliffMontague

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 777 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I don't want to look like a bodybuilder.  I want to look like Mike Ness of Social Distortion circa the early 90s or Dean Winchester from Supernatural.  Ruggedly handsome but not a model.  I'm just getting into mesh bodies after fighting it all these years and finding a face I like is a nightmare.  I had a system body and punk style I was happy with and trying to replicate that in mesh has been nothing but sheer aggravation.

Edited by Talon Brown
  • Like 4

On 3/17/2022 at 8:45 PM, Orwar said:

And why isn't this type of body shape more popular for women, huh?!

de61suf-6fcb5cf2-7963-47ee-bfb7-87e05775

I actually think that would be a very cool avatar to see in the world. That's a woman who's not interested in appealing to anybody's fetishes right there, bruh. 

In FFXIV, I play a max height, max muscle female Roegadyn. And even we don't get that much beef. 

• Like 1

Right... I started SL from not being a certain type, just SL. Just one in a million. Let us see what this is all about and all that..

Then I discoverd editing shape. Editing just a bit. And saw that some guys, nope, a lot - most got it all wrong. You can't just enlarge stuff. Things will follow and just make you look weird.

SL with all "and that" as Karl Pikinson would say followed. All sorts of stuff. Slink put up a Herculean effort. Maybe BMP too.

Then AES introduced the more normal (physisiology speaking, making veins, hands and all) male Aestetic. Jake and all the competing bodies etc ensued.

Too simplified? :)

• Like 1

2 hours ago, HeathcliffMontague said:

Then AES introduced the more normal (physisiology speaking, making veins, hands and all) male Aestetic. Jake and all the competing bodies etc ensued.

What do you think of Aesthetic vs. Kario? Which looks more natural or can be more easily shaped to look natural? I know nothing of bodybuilding, but have a friend in SL who wants to have a realistic body builder physique. He likes Aesthetic so far.

Edited by Persephone Emerald
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Persephone Emerald said:

What do you think of Aesthetic vs. Kario? Which looks more natural or can be more easily shaped to look natural? I know nothing of bodybuilding, but have a friend in SL who wants to have a realistic body builder physique. He likes Aesthetic so far.

Kario has muscles where there arent any on a real human. 

Aesthetic can be slimmed down to look less hulk and more realistic. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Hairy. Like super hairy. Fluffy even. A cute poofy backside and silky upright ears (or long and droopy, I don't discriminate). Alert, twitchy noses are also a must! 

giphy.gif

If he doesn't look like this, we don't want him. Ladies, am I right? 

Edited by kirishimarabbit
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

On 3/30/2022 at 9:07 PM, Talon Brown said:

I don't want to look like a bodybuilder.  I want to look like Mike Ness of Social Distortion circa the early 90s or Dean Winchester from Supernatural.  Ruggedly handsome but not a model.  I'm just getting into mesh bodies after fighting it all these years and finding a face I like is a nightmare.  I had a system body and punk style I was happy with and trying to replicate that in mesh has been nothing but sheer aggravation.

I tried a couple and for me, legacy is the best. I have mine pretty slimmed down, but you can make it more muscular if you like. There is also a very nice array of clothes for legacy if you're into shopping. Kario only has clothes for strippers haha

• Like 2

4 hours ago, kirishimarabbit said:

Hairy. Like super hairy. Fluffy even. A cute poofy backside and silky upright ears (or long and droopy, I don't discriminate). Alert, twitchy noses are also a must! 

giphy.gif

If he doesn't look like this, we don't want him. Ladies, am I right? 

I absolutely adore bunnies. This is my go-to gif - 

tumblr_o0aperd5Fl1utashso1_400.gifv

You know, you can make some super cute furry rabbit avatars, if you haven't already! But please don't choose a buff body to do it with. 😆

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Cinnamon Mistwood said:

Shape-wise that is not bad, but where can a person find skins that don't shade in so many sculpted muscles?  Not every male avatar wants a six pack.

Velour Homme - Eros body isn't too bad. They include a few different versions (slim, fit, and dad bod). I haven't tried them on myself, though.

VELOUR EROS BODY - OUT NOW!

I think Not Found also has some body tone options. I think.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Simple. Fit, body ratio in proper proportion, life scale to SL ratio proper scale (not 8 feet superheros).

What Ayashe has posted before me as an example the middle one is close, but all 3 look like aliens, the body proportions are all off...

I haven't found a male avatar I've liked so far, so I'm still in the old default avatar and couldn't care less until something that actually looks like an average and fit male avatar comes along.

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, entity0x said:

Simple. Fit, body ratio in proper proportion, life scale to SL ratio proper scale (not 8 feet superheros).

What Ayashe has posted before me as an example the middle one is close, but all 3 look like aliens, the body proportions are all off...

I haven't found a male avatar I've liked so far, so I'm still in the old default avatar and couldn't care less until something that actually looks like an average and fit male avatar comes along.

Honestly, I feel like something is off with every single male body on the market. The calves always seem wrong, the shoulders, the upper arms...just something weird going on there for me.

I do complain about female mesh bodies, too (I'm always fighting with Maitreya), but their issues are usually in the shoulders and thighs, for some reason. Kupra has tiny feet. I can't get any Belleza bodies to look right on me at all. Etc.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Ayashe Ninetails said:

From Sansar days, Full Spectrum (Medhue)'s avatar was the most acceptable to me so I got it in multiple editions and their female body ( mainly for product shots).

There were the most balanced given the platform and because they were close to the standard sized avatar were a pleasure to make clothing for, etc  and the proportions weren't too bad. Could have used a slightly more raised chest, but in clothes or outfits didn't matter they looked good.

On the right is my SL avatar i've had since the very beginning, Actually not a bad ratio back then, but very low poly of course and jerky looking. Hated the weird faces of them all back then, so went with a cyber look. Mask was also to cover weird face.

Dude standing in the casual suit looks like a normal average fit guy standing on the street and that's what I'm looking for, and their faces aren't so pretty and metrosexual or 'dreamy sex' like.

In other words more of a base canvas to start with and faces that aren't too weird or too detailed. The FullSpectrum's were balanced that way. had decent detail but didn't go over the top.

The Marvelous Designer ability to mold around the avatar was good too. My SL avatar had to try many many coats - since most of them were mesh they always looked bulky and like a winter coat, finally found pants and jacket that fit and didn't bulk my avatar up too much.

sl-sn-avatar.thumb.png.57db0a8e0e6440b2deae43d80f36fdcc.png

Edited by entity0x
  • Like 3

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 777 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.