Greeter Bot Recommendations

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 788 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

6 minutes ago, Coffee Pancake said:

Or don't !

Landing somewhere and having to fend off a bot pushing inventory spam or group invites is a nuisance.

Maybe that bot could spam the use of the tip jars as well.  🤪
Don't forget to pay the lady. Wooooooooooooot.

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, PermaRuthed said:

Maybe mesh mannequins such as these.

And put in a bot greeting script such as this.

Your second link is to a Corrade script, something that won't work with those mesh models. Corrade is for actual bot accounts.

To answer OP.... don't.... i really really... REALLY hate stupid bots and "welcome" thingies. I don't want to teleport into a place and shoved a landmark in my face with a couple of notecards i will never read. Here is what i wish a lot of people would learn in SL: If your place is worth remembering and worth revisiting, people will make their own landmark for it and safekeep it. don't wave it in my face via your bot or greeter thing. It comes across as pushy and kinda desperate and more often than not has the opposite effect.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, sissykinzs said:

Hi everyone,

I'm looking for a high quality female greeter bot for a new club.  She needs to be able to greet and hand out a landmark.  All the ones I've seen on marketplace look cheap and pixely.  I'd appreciate any recommendations that you may have.  Thanks for the help!

A bit more on the serious side: If you insist on having an animesh greeter: Nano Station Technology has a lady on offer that can be a greeter, dj, bartender and dancer. The pictures on the marketplace look good. She is fully scripted according to the description. I've never seen the bot in world though.
And their male victorian greeter I've seen several times in world. Looks nice and detailed.
If you search for animesh greeter on the marketplace you'll get many possibilities.

• Like 1

Yeah, don't.  If I get spammed every time I land in a store/club by a bot, I'm going to mute/derender/block at will.  As someone else has pointed out above, if the store/club is good, I will make my own LM.  I don't need to be greeted by a bot immediately. I don't need to be invited to a group by a bot immediately. I don't need to be handed notecards by a bot immediately. Just let us check the place out in peace.  If I keep getting the same crap every time I land somewhere, I'm going to quit shopping or visiting.  If I'm new to a club, I'd much rather be greeted a human, even if they're using scripted messages. 

Edited by Lysistrata Szapira
Grammar
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 2

I always liked the little blue menu that drops down when I land that gives me the options with like three buttons or however many they have..

One button is usually for the notecard ,which usually has a welcome and the rules to the sim. The other is usually to click if you want a land mark.. The the last one is the close button to close the hud..

I really think getting the rules to any land or sim is important at the get go.. I don't want to break any while I'm there, plus they can give a good idea of what goes on there as well..

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Maybe travel around and see what others are using that you like would be an option. 

But yah bots scare me, one time I went to a inworld store and it was so realistic, I didn't want to be rude to it lol. It said something like "hello, nice to see you again, let me know if you have any questions." I was like thanks. I teleported to a demo up to a sky box and then could not figure out how to teleport back (at the time) and so teleported away and back to the store and she was like "hello, nice to see you again, let me know if you have any questions." by like the 4th time I was still leery of being rude. 

Now it's like mission impossible, I'm enabling transparent objects to make sure I don't step on anything scripted as soon as I arrive. It would be so much easier to have an option not to interact with transparent objects vs walking around with everything red, dodging things.  I don't think anybody like landmarks or group invites. I think if they want them they will seek them. I've seen them detect moving objects within a certain range send their stuff. 

For a place with no ads, there is sure a lot of ads.. 

But, if the bot was like "Hello, Here's 5000 instore credits, I hope you enjoy your time here, have a great day!" I'd be down with those. 

Edited by Paulsian
  • Like 2

13 minutes ago, sissykinzs said:

I don't know what kind of horrible bots and clubs you all have been to but the main purpose of a greeter is to announce to the staff that a new customer has arrived.  Having additional options to hand out LMs and event cards is a bonus.  I appreciate all your complaints but I was looking for recommendations.

And, based on the comments, I think the general recommendation is DON'T.

Edited by LittleMe Jewell
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I don't mind a bot standing behind a counter, saying hello and *asking* if you'd like a LM, notecard or to join their group all in one blue pop-up window.

The most clever bot I saw recently was at a landing area for a spa. She walks toward the avatar who has just landed, welcomes them, asks them to follow her to get free towels, walks to the gender specific towel dispensing vendors, and then walks to the teleport pad. I think that's a better way of getting people off the landing spot than just pushing them to the side.

• Like 4

6 hours ago, sissykinzs said:

I don't know what kind of horrible bots and clubs you all have been to but the main purpose of a greeter is to announce to the staff that a new customer has arrived. Having additional options to hand out LMs and event cards is a bonus. 

But that's not what you wanted the bot to do in your initial post. 

A bot who is there to tell live human staff that someone has arrived is one thing. That can be done behind the scenes such that the visitor would never know it happened. I'm perfectly fine with that.  I don't like anything being forced on me.  Don't even get me started on those object packages for purchased things that have a script that pops up automatically asking if you want to subscribe to their subscribo.  I've clicked Yes too many times on those things because I think the toast is asking me if I want to accept what I've purchased.

Again, let the customer decide what they want.  Don't force a bot's actions on them.  

• Like 1

For everyone saying things should be given via click, I agree. Nobody likes to be bombarded by notecards, group joiners, and welcome messages at the same time.

Problem is, nobody looks for the clicks either. Even if the clicks are right in front of your face when you land. "Where do I join the group?" is stupidly common.

Edited by Chris Nova
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, Chris Nova said:

Problem is, nobody looks for the clicks either. Even if the clicks are right in front of your face when you land. "Where do I join the group?" is stupidly common.

it also sometimes works the other way.  Get a notice for a special offer in a general shoppers group. Teleport to shop. Landing point right in front of the board. \o/.  Click the board and it says" You have to be a shop group member". Group joiner nowhere in the view. Begin hunt to find the shop group joiner somewhere in the shop

Edited by Mollymews
general
  • Like 1

To save time hunting for group joiners:

If you find anything given out just to the group, go into EDIT and find the item's information on GENERAL tab. It will tell you which group it's set for. Double click that name and this will open the group window for you to join.

This works in 95 percent of cases - there are a small number of cases where the group is controlled by a different scripting set-up where the group the object is set to differs from the group it can be given out to.

• Thanks 2

I used SmartBots as a way to automatically invite people who paid one of my rental boxes to the land group. It was a great service. I did this "on the cheap", not linking the service to an actual SL account and avatar, but they offer that as well.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Mollymews said:

it also sometimes works the other way.  Get a notice for a special offer in a general shoppers group. Teleport to shop. Landing point right in front of the board. \o/.  Click the board and it says" You have to be a shop group member". Group joiner nowhere in the view. Begin hunt to find the shop group joiner somewhere in the shop

Yeah, everything should really be front and center but....lol

• Like 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 788 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.