Purchase, to make or not to make. That is the question.

So Whimsy

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 977 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I'm sure I am not the only one who this is happening to but I need an outsider's opinion.

Basically what I have been agonizing over buying or well...not buying is this beauty:

Serenetree_marketplace.jpg?1424000637

I have the Linden. I have the space.

Problem?

It's too effing big for just one person, there's so many rooms, so much space and I keep trying to justify buying it for just myself.

Should I get myself a boyfriend? Should I rent out the extra rooms (probably for free) or should I just splurge and go crazy for the next couple weeks or so furnishing it to perfection?

But what then? I'll have this rad abode and it'd just be me there unless...

Can you guys see my dilemma? Has this happened to you before? How did you handle it?

22 minutes ago, So Whimsy said:

I'm sure I am not the only one who this is happening to but I need an outsider's opinion.

Basically what I have been agonizing over buying or well...not buying is this beauty:

Problem?

It's too effing big for just one person, there's so many rooms, so much space and I keep trying to justify buying it for just myself.

Should I get myself a boyfriend? Should I rent out the extra rooms (probably for free) or should I just splurge and go crazy for the next couple weeks or so furnishing it to perfection?

Can you guys see my dilemma? Has this happened to you before? How did you handle it?

I have that house and it’s among my top fav homes that isn’t traditional or modern. It’s insanely well built and still stands among the top mesh houses even in 2021. I would get it.

edit: I didn’t read the whole thing (I skimmed, don’t judge me LOL) but its a fantastic house to decor if that’s your thing and if you have enough prims. It’s a great challenge. 

Edited by Chris Nova
  • Like 1

23 minutes ago, So Whimsy said:

Problem?

The only justifications you need are can you afford it and do you want it. If yes to both... what the heck are you waiting for?

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, So Whimsy said:

Make some alts!

Or host tea parties. I like tea. And biscuits. I'll be expecting biscuits.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

I have had the sane large house since 2012. I am continually tweaking it, and always will be. It  is one of the joys of my SL. I have had a number of roommates over the years. I never charged rent, but some did contribute furnishings. One of my current roommates is my BF, and the other is just a friend.

If you love the house, buy it. I'll bet you won't be sorry, and you will find uses for all the space.

Feel free to visit my house. It's in Danim. You can't miss it.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I have that house and the very same dilemma. I love that house so much, but it's so big that I find myself unsure of what to do with it. I don't wanna be alone in it.

I say give the extra rooms and a few prims to people you like. Make it feel more homely. 

• Like 1

I've had some really nice houses but, like you, they are mostly wasted space. Sooooo.

I decorated my parcel like a game reserve with all kinds of animals, and a houseboat on the side and a small treehouse in the middle to just chill in.  Never been happier in my SL life. Except when my big arse tiger runs me down.

Edited by Doris Johnsky
  • Like 1

If you're over 27, the answer should in theory already have manifested. Any sufficiently large building with a singular inhabitant will cause what is known as the catlady/lord transformation.

With it come superpowers and lots of cats. Lots and lots and lots of them.

Only half joking. Buy it and fill it with dozens of cats.

• Haha 2

14 minutes ago, ValKalAstra said:

If you're over 27, the answer should in theory already have manifested.

14 minutes ago, ValKalAstra said:

Buy it and fill it with dozens of cats.

Oof. Okay, now I'm worried that I've fallen behind. Give me more information. Do I just put enough cats in to fill the floor space, or do I also stack them to the ceiling? And can I keep the loo to myself or does it need to be filled with cats also? 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

29 minutes ago, Orwar said:

Oof. Okay, now I'm worried that I've fallen behind. Give me more information. Do I just put enough cats in to fill the floor space, or do I also stack them to the ceiling? And can I keep the loo to myself or does it need to be filled with cats also? 

Well, since it's advisable to have a one cat to one litter box ratio and you can't stack litter boxes...do the math. 

7 hours ago, So Whimsy said:

Problem?

I have looked at that build for years and thought briefly I might replace an old prim treehouse build in Carlisle with it but...it's not as convenient to fly into and around (as that other old build).

Even so, I thought of getting it for a rentals. Sometimes I see tenants put it out. But I'm not sure if it is in fact TOO big. Maybe it would be better as a club or lodge. The trees are...? Well, it's hard to have a good 3D tree and also have a house you can walk into, even with phantom.

• Like 1

I haven't seen that house (or at least don't remember seeing it)  but LAQ was one of the first mesh designers that followed "best practices" for game assets in SL. I still have his fairly famous trees that hold their shape because they make a switch  at a certain distance to become just a flat plane with a texture. That method was WAY before its time in SL (not so much on other platforms).  It is nice to see that some things stand the test of time. My top selling products are all very old now and still very popular, so "age" shouldn't be a factor really. 

I have no idea how much that house costs but ask yourself if you will get that much enjoyment out of it when decorating. That should give you a good answer.  Personally I like small abodes so can't comment on decorating a large house :D.   

• Thanks 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 977 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.