NextUP and other Gacha Replacements are still Gacha

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 970 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I am sorry, but the thing is, I have ADHD and I am on the Autism spectrum. I am one of those people she is talking about. But I certainly don't get dopamine rushes when I play this, nor do I even buy into it. So I don't know what you are talking about. I mean this seems kinda ableist, as you are basically saying we can't control our urges. Like we are somehow impaired. I can control my urges quite well. I don't like the system but I don't see it as a problem, I see it as a solution to the problem. 

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Zia Underwood said:

This wasn't for you.

thanos.jpg

Nor any of us to be accurate.  As I posted, this has already been discussed ad naseum 

We don't even know who you are either.  What does that have to do with anything.  You came to a RESIDENT forum so those are who will respond.  

So again, if you came here thinking you would change anyone's mind...

8 minutes ago, Rowan Amore said:

Nor any of us to be accurate.  As I posted, this has already been discussed ad naseum 

We don't even know who you are either.  What does that have to do with anything.  You came to a RESIDENT forum so those are who will respond.  

So again, if you came here thinking you would change anyone's mind...

To be honest, I think they are just trying to protect themselves. But instead of trying to get help, she deflects and puts it on Neurodivergents. I mean if she needs help and has gambling addictions issues. I feel bad for her, but to deflect and say that this system is also predatory and basically and then say people like me have problems. That is what made me angry. 

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, Sammy Huntsman said:

To be honest, I think they are just trying to protect themselves. But instead of trying to get help, she deflects and puts it on Neurodivergents. I mean if she needs help and has gambling addictions issues. I feel bad for her, but to deflect and say that this system is also predatory and basically and then say people like me have problems. That is what made me angry. 

I certainly have never heard of any connection between autism and gambling.

3 hours ago, Zia Underwood said:

.....Because it's exploitative, predatory and anti consumer.  If an artist wants to charge 3500L for a top than by all rights do so.  If they feel that's the cost for their work.  But don't disguise that cost behind an unregulated slot machine.  It's not like any of us know what the ratios on these things are going to be and lets be real LL isn't going to go around and make sure every content creator is being fair and above board. 

Personally I think 3500L is exploitative, predatory and anti consumer for a market that is more in the 250L range. If a creator is willing to use a method that allows some of us to maybe get the items significantly cheaper, then I am all for it.

• Thanks 1

I'd love to know how many people are actually purchasing from these new machines.  Are the creators seeing the same amount of revenue when people can see the item available and NOT purchase it as opposed to blindly pumping Lindens into a machine hoping to get what you want?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Rowan Amore said:

I'd love to know how many people are actually purchasing from these new machines.  Are the creators seeing the same amount of revenue when people can see the item available and NOT purchase it as opposed to blindly pumping Lindens into a machine hoping to get what you want?

I doubt you'd get an honest answer. 

4 hours ago, Zia Underwood said:

.  It just means that the item they are playing for is the one that is going to be revealed with the purchase not the one they are receiving. 

If that is correct (and I guess others didn't read this carefully) then it does seem it is against the new rules as you have to see WHAT YOU ARE BUYIING as part of the legality.   I would guess LL will figure it out an warn them.  Actually the grace period is over now I guess.   

I haven't seen any of these machines so can't comment more. 

7 minutes ago, Chic Aeon said:

If that is correct (and I guess others didn't read this carefully) then it does seem it is against the new rules as you have to see WHAT YOU ARE BUYIING as part of the legality.   I would guess LL will figure it out an warn them.  Actually the grace period is over now I guess.   

You actually see what you are buying, and when you buy it after a certain amount of time it randomly changes to the next item that is for sale. That is basically the system. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Chic Aeon said:

Oh no, it was read quite carefully and found to be counter to the reality and the current rule set.

You have to be able to see what item you are presently buying. Many of the new machnes also show you up to a certain point in their internal queue with a numbered key.

You know exactly what the item you are currently buying is and what the very next few items (at least) are.

The only bit of chance now is which item cycles into the far end of the queue when it advances.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Solar Legion said:

Oh no, it was read quite carefully and found to be counter to the reality and the current rule set.

You have to be able to see what item you are presently buying. Many of the new machnes also show you up to a certain point in their internal queue with a numbered key.

You know exactly what the item you are currently buying is and what the very next few items (at least) are.

The only bit of chance now is which item cycles into the far end of the queue when it advances.

I honestly don't see the OPs point, that it's scammy. With this system, you know what exactly you are gonna get. Unlike before, where there was a chance, you would get 1 of a plethora of items and you don't know what item you would get each pull. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Sammy Huntsman said:

I honestly don't see the OPs point, that it's scammy. With this system, you know what exactly you are gonna get. Unlike before, where there was a chance, you would get 1 of a plethora of items and you don't know what item you would get each pull. 

Ah yep. There's been perhaps one or two of the old Gacha vendors I bothered with and amusingly enough .... each pull netted me an item (well, avatar/mod) I'd actually use. Also amusingly enough I came back to those two only because there was one I wanted and I made certain to budget.

I am well aware that those who can be/are addicted to gambling have a difficult time stopping or sticking to a budget. There is a reason there was such a large resale market.

There are people who are addicted to sex.  Should LL remove all adult furniture/animations because 'they can't help themselves!'?  

30 minutes ago, Chic Aeon said:

The Next Up Vending system will display a photo key that shows all items inside of the vending machine.

Above the vendor dynamic text will display what item number and name is currently available for purchase.
Example “1. Item Name” is now available for purchase.

There is also a 30 second lock on the machine.

https://bellatechnation.com/nextup/

5 hours ago, Zia Underwood said:

Also I've been seeing bots on these gacha sims running around collecting the unclaimed rares.  It's a racket.

I would like to observe these "bots" collecting the rares.  It there are rares ready to buy, you expect them to stay for how long?    Please provide the regions this bot racket is occurring.  I don't think it violates any laws for an ALT to buy from these machines.  It sounds like this is a good way to reduce the cost of the rares for those that want them.

Or are you assuming those with addictive personalities are also too stupid to actually look for unclaimed rares?

Edited by Jaylinbridges
  • Like 1

50 minutes ago, Solar Legion said:

I am well aware that those who can be/are addicted to gambling have a difficult time stopping or sticking to a budget. 

You could also say that the entire MP is one big trigger for those that can't stick with a budget.  People have to take personal responsibility. If they can't maybe SL isn't the best place for them to be.

• Like 1

It is nice that you are taking into consideration the people who are addicted to Gacha and spend a lot, but according to LL this style of selling items is fine.  If it is an consolation for you, the people will know exactly what they are getting and if they really want the item they will not be spending a lot more linden getting them if they have the patience and a quick hand.

Edited by Istelathis
consolation ;p

47 minutes ago, Rowan Amore said:

There are people who are addicted to sex.  Should LL remove all adult furniture/animations because 'they can't help themselves!'?  

The Next Up Vending system will display a photo key that shows all items inside of the vending machine.

Above the vendor dynamic text will display what item number and name is currently available for purchase.
Example “1. Item Name” is now available for purchase.

There is also a 30 second lock on the machine.

https://bellatechnation.com/nextup/

OK. That is in accordance since you KNOW what you are buying. The only machine I have actually used is the one that I think is by D-Lab. It is certainly the one that D-Lab uses.   I haven't seen any that show you what is coming up NEXT and NOT what is there now to buy. Maybe the OP misunderstood?   

2 hours ago, Chic Aeon said:

the new rules

I don't know if I want to hammer this out again, but it's October 2nd and there's still no actual change in policy. There was a notice that they were going to change the policy, Buuuuutttt. . . where is it?

6 minutes ago, Quistess Alpha said:

I don't know if I want to hammer this out again, but it's October 2nd and there's still no actual change in policy. There was a notice that they were going to change the policy, Buuuuutttt. . . where is it?

The policy went into effect on August 31. The grace period ended September 30.

As for a typewritten copy of an actual policy, I think this is the best your going to get from LL: 

2 hours ago, Sammy Huntsman said:

You might see what you're getting, but what the chances someone gonna leave machine on a rare/ultra-rare? Close to none, aside of technical issues. So assuming it's the rare (or perhaps a certain common, like a black/white color of something) you want, then to get a chance for it to appear you'll buy a useless common first. Obviously don't like = don't buy rule applies, but it did apply before as well. If anything, you're almost guaranteed to buy that useless common/bad color now vs a chance to get what you want in one try before.

Also no one, but a creator has any idea how the script works (just like before). In that sense it's just as scammy, because unless you want it all and hoping for a rare to appear eventually.. well, it might not appear at all, ever.

I don't personally care for any kind of gambling, so I never did care for gachas. However quite a few stores I like a lot decided to drop gachas completely when the change in policy happened and repacked some of their gachas to fatpacks (older ones were just retired). In my opinion it was a good move. And some other stores decided to convert to that conveyor/miepon system instead, some now use a weird tier systems where you need to buy "commons" first to even get to the "rares". Their choice and since it's within LL/SL ToS it's perfectly fine, but my choice is to just not support such creators at all, so I don't.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Zia Underwood said:

Linden Labs did the right thing by banning the unregulated gacha gambling market.  Please put a stop to content creators who are looking to exploit the loopholes you left in the policy now.

I'll echo what some others have said.

Your problem is you think LL did it for good reasons, or to protect consumers. LL doesn't care about consumers, you, or me. They care about what will make them money without getting sued or fined.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

45 minutes ago, Paul Hexem said:

Your problem is you think LL did it for good reasons, or to protect consumers. LL doesn't care about consumers, you, or me.

Coughs..Exactly. Business is business

47 minutes ago, Paul Hexem said:

They care about what will make them money without getting sued or fined.

Whatever costs less..

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 970 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.