I Can't Believe We Need This

Lindal Kidd

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1095 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

31 minutes ago, Madelaine McMasters said:

An idle mind...

Indeed.  That's exactly what I was thinking.  The most serious challenge of education is not providing better facts but preparing minds to evaluate them.  Minds are hungry for ways to make sense of their surroundings.  Without tools for sifting through the mass of input we are subjected to daily, our minds will latch on to explanations that are easy and that fit what we already believe to be true.  It's hard to stand back and evaluate new information through all that noise.

Many of the warnings we see these days are for scenarios that should have any case (civil or otherwise) thrown out of the courtroom at worst, ruled in favor of the company with the plaintiff being made to pay them for the absolute waste of time and resources.

Don't use unshielded/treated/coated electronic/electrical devices in the shower or bathtub. Don't ingest household cleaners. The list goes on and on.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Rowan Amore said:

In case anyone had forgotten the McDonald's case.  Who knew coffee was hot?

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Liebeck_v._McDonald's_Restaurants

Thank you for that reference, @Rowan Amore.  It's interesting reading.  I had the same reaction that I often have as I read simplified news accounts of trials.  I am very glad that I didn't have to sit on that jury.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Rowan Amore said:

In case anyone had forgotten the McDonald's case.  Who knew coffee was hot?

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Liebeck_v._McDonald's_Restaurants

I knew someone - very fringe acquaintance - that successfully sued some other fast food restaurant over hot coffee.  In that case though, the drive-through attendant was clearly at fault.  They didn't get the lid securely attached and knocked it off while handing it to the customer, dumping hot coffee all over the customer's hand and arm.  The coffee was hot enough to create serious burns in a matter of seconds.  That particular case was justified though, since all the customer did was have their hand & arm extended to receive the cup of coffee.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Innula Zenovka said:

It's an interesting exploration, though, of why otherwise apparently intelligent and rational people are prepared to believe such nonsense.

Well maybe people read the news and see that it is possible to do and well coincidentally, there is suddenly a massive chip shortage. Maybe they had to be diverted to vaccines! 😲

You will get chipped — eventually

In Sweden, BioHax says nearly 3,000 customers have had its chip embedded to do many things, including ride the national rail system without having to show the conductor a ticket. 

In the U.S., Dangerous Things, a Seattle-based firm, says it has sold “tens of thousands” of chips to consumers via its website. The chip and installation cost about $200.

After years of being a subculture, “the time is now” for chips to be more commonly used, says Amal Graafstra, founder of Dangerous Things. “We’re going to start to see chip implants get the same realm of acceptance as piercings and tattoos do now.”

In other words, they’ll be more visible, but not mainstream yet.

“It becomes part of you the way a cellphone does,” Graafstra says. “You can never forget it, and you can’t lose it. And you have the capability to communicate with machines in a way you couldn’t before.”

But after what we saw in Wisconsin last week, what's next for the U.S. workforce? A nation of workers chipping into their pods at Federal Express, General Electric, IBM, Microsoft and other top corporations? 

https://www.usatoday.com/story/tech/2017/08/09/you-get-chipped-eventually/547336001/

• Confused 1

20 hours ago, Zzevir said:

I remember once there was a shipment of peanuts what was recalled because it didn't hade the warning that contains peanut. 

It amuses me that the warning on packets of nuts (at least in the UK) doesn't say "Warning, contains nuts."  It says "Warning, may contain traces of nuts". 

Like it might only possibly contain a trace of the product you actually paid for?

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, Solar Legion said:

Many of the warnings we see these days are for scenarios that should have any case (civil or otherwise) thrown out of the courtroom at worst, ruled in favor of the company with the plaintiff being made to pay them for the absolute waste of time and resources.

The worst case I've heard of was a guy who sued Husqvarna for not mentioning in the manual that you shouldn't try to stop the chain of a chainsaw with your hand. He lost the case because it turned out it was actually stated in the manual, he just hadn't read it.

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, ChinRey said:

The worst case I've heard of was a guy who sued Husqvarna for not mentioning in the manual that you shouldn't try to stop the chain of a chainsaw with your hand. He lost the case because it turned out it was actually stated in the manual, he just hadn't read it.

... That warning being present or not should have had no bearing on the dismissal. If you need a warning against using your hand to stop the chain of a chainsaw, you shouldn't be using a chainsaw.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, ChinRey said:

Reminds me of the story I heard of a guy who bought a chainsaw from a store and went out cutting with it and after several days of frustrating and back breaking work he took it back to the store complaining it didn't work as fast as was advertised. The salesman non-plussed as he had great reports for that model took the chainsaw from the buyer and started it up with a roar upon which the buyer jumped back in shock yelling "what's that noise?!" 😀

• Haha 3

3 hours ago, Maitimo said:

It amuses me that the warning on packets of nuts (at least in the UK) doesn't say "Warning, contains nuts."  It says "Warning, may contain traces of nuts". 

Like it might only possibly contain a trace of the product you actually paid for?

I wondered about this when first I saw that, but then I thought about it for a while.

I want to write some regulations about food labelling, with the intention of providing people who are allergic to nuts with a clear and easily understandable indication of whether they can safely consume this product.

Because inadvertently consuming even small amounts of some nuts and nut-based products can easily be fatal, I need to be able to warn people not only when a product contains nuts but also when it may inadvertently have been contaminated with nuts during the production process.    

Meanwhile, if I'm allergic to nuts, I'm not so much concerned to know whether or not nuts are part of the recipe but whether I can safely eat whatever it is, so I want to be sure it was produced in a safe environment, too.

So "May contain traces of nuts" seems to me the correct warning to give. 

"If the product is safe for someone who is allergic to nuts to eat, put this on the label.   If it's not, then use this wording, instead."    Since the product is either safe or it isn't, why bother going into any more detail, if you're writing a product labelling regulation?

This is serious stuff -- get it wrong and people may die, and if they do, then quite apart from any civil actions for damages, other people may be at risk of prosecution (and probable imprisonment if convicted) for manslaughter, at least in my country. 

Edited by Innula Zenovka
  • Like 1

A young hiker in Nova Scotia came across an 85 year old man splitting firewood with an axe. The old fellow was dressed only in a ragged pair of cutoffs and a pair of bedroom slippers.

Somewhat aghast at the man's careless approach to safety, the young man asked, "Shouldn't you be wearing steel toed boots to do that, old timer?"

The old man put down the axe, spat to the side, and replied,

"Tried dat. Dulls too many blades."

• Haha 3

On 10/1/2021 at 2:51 PM, Lindal Kidd said:

Put Tracking Microchips In Covid Vaccines

Even if it was possible, why go to that trouble when they have us all carrying around cell phones everywhere like our lives dependend on it, which are much easier to track.

1 minute ago, Ayeleeon said:

Even if it was possible, why go to that trouble when they have us all carrying around cell phones everywhere like our lives dependend on it, which are much easier to track.

Not all of us. Even when I have had a cell phone (not smartphone) I rarely remembered to take it with me so it was always at home when I wasn't. 

This is exactly what big media corporations want you to believe. They are in cahoots with the government by receiving behind the door skips on FCC regulations. The FCC will silence anyone who says otherwise but I'm not afraid of 3 letter organizations. The truth is the United States has been too free to too long and the Illuminati wants to take control back, they'll do it by taking the voice away from those who try to expose them first, and then it'll be easy picking because no one else will be talking about them. Don't believe me? Just a few examples:

• Government wants to control climate change. Get it? C O N T R O L. It is all about control. What if the climate wants to be warm? Did they ever think about that? No, they want to make it do what they want.
  • Government wants to control internet speech. Again, all about control. This time so we can't expose the reptilians in the government.
  • Vaccine mandates? You know exactly why. Not microchips, but nanites. We have the technology to do this, that's what they hide in area 51. Guess what these nanites do? Thought control. Again with control.

There is a lot more too. The Chinese government and Russian government are actually in talks with the U.S., the whole conflict is a sham to scare people of a impending war to try and get people to fund big government. Don't fund big government, fund yourself! Get yourself a nuclear bunker because the government isn't scared to sacrifice a few million civilian lives just to add more scare and gain more control. Get as much supplies as you need whenever you can. The government has been testing how people react to short supply in order to control emotions and chaos with the "covid" "virus". DO NOT BUY INTO IT! Next time stuff comes back into supply, stock pile as much as you can and stash it into your bunker. Don't let anyone else in, not even your neighbor. They watch people who know the truth and they are very likely to have replaced people you know to keep a close eye on you.

Just the fact you read this I wouldn't be surprised you'd be on the list of people who know too much. Did you know they have a law to allow this? Search it. It is called Poe's law!

9 minutes ago, Silent Mistwalker said:

Not all of us. Even when I have had a cell phone (not smartphone) I rarely remembered to take it with me so it was always at home when I wasn't. 

Good point.  I forget my phone half the time too.   Still, he makes a fairly good argument.  These days, most people in the US and many other parts of the world do have mobile phones (and remember to carry them), so the norm makes it easier all the time to know where the average person is.  It would be silly to go to all the trouble and cost of injecting chips into people instead of tracking chips that most people these days buy for themselves. Even if the NSA misses a few people like you and me, the phone option is cheaper.

35 minutes ago, Rolig Loon said:

Good point.  I forget my phone half the time too.   Still, he makes a fairly good argument.  These days, most people in the US and many other parts of the world do have mobile phones (and remember to carry them), so the norm makes it easier all the time to know where the average person is.  It would be silly to go to all the trouble and cost of injecting chips into people instead of tracking chips that most people these days buy for themselves. Even if the NSA misses a few people like you and me, the phone option is cheaper.

Maybe it's just me, but I'm finding it so inconvenient not to have my smartphone with me that I won't now leave home without it, any more than I'll leave without my keys, cards and a wallet or purse.     It's not that I might want to communicate with someone when I'm out, but there are so many things I may want to use it for, and so many things it's a lot easier to do using it than by alternative means, that I don't want to be without it if I'm going further than the local convenience store.

• Sad 1

No one should ever have to tell anyone else not to inhale hydrogen peroxide.

But there we have it. Health authorities, and in particular the Astma and Allergy Foundation of America (AAFA) have to say it: do not inhale nebulized hydrogen peroxide.

https://community.aafa.org/blog/danger-don-t-nebulize-hydrogen-peroxide-and-breathe-it-to-try-to-treat-or-prevent-covid-19

And just to make sure, here's some extra-additional health advice from doctor Arduenn: delete your Facebook. Your lungs will thank you for it.

I've had a smart phone now for about a decade, give or take a bit and I still often forget to take it when I leave the house, or forget it is in my purse when I get back home and it stays there for hours or even days.  When I do have it while out & about, I will forget what it can do for me -- while trying to navigate to my daughter's new house and the printed maps had an error, I called my daughter to have her help me get un-lost and she chuckled and reminded me that 'smart phones have maps and can guide you where you want to go'.  When I was taking pictures in the back yard and fell and broke my leg, I yelled for my husband, but he couldn't hear me through the walls & windows.  I literally crawled and hopped back to the deck, and then crawled through the door, in extreme pain the entire way -- that evening my daughter says "Mom, you were taking the pictures with your phone.  Why didn't you just call him on the phone to come help you?"  At that time, in my mind, the phone was a camera -- not a phone and a camera, but just a camera.  Sometimes it really does suck being in the older generation.

Edited by LittleMe Jewell
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, Paul Hexem said:

After I got my shot, I hot wired an EMF meter to spike when I pressed the back. Then I'd sweep it over my arm and make it spike, like it was picking up a signal.

I even had a pharmacist going for a minute.

I wouldn't actually rule out the possibility that a very sensitive EMF meter might pick up something immediately after the injection. Both the tiny amount of liquid from the shot and the added nerve activity from the sting may be meaurable for a second or two.

Not long after I started a new job. I had Facebook friend suggestions pop up for some of my new co-workers. I was think how do they know I know these people? Then it dawned on me, they noticed that every day our phones went to the same place.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1095 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.