Next theme after Fantasy

Evangeline Arcadia

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 996 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Is it too early to start this thread lol? Well someone has to😁.

So what do you think LL and the Moles have planned for us next? There are speculations about an Asian theme and maybe an updated version of a Meadbrook. There are only 2 themes left I believe to complete. My vote is that there is most likely to be something Asian influenced since Patch has suggested they will pay homage to the old themes.

But also, I think it will need to be a style that can be found in America, since they seem have taken their inspiration from home styles that can be found there, even if the style originated outside the US. Take the Chalets for example, we learned through chat and the forum (somewhere) that they visited some place in Georgia (?) which had a german themed town. And if you look at the other builds they are all styles that can be found in the US.

Edited by Evangeline Arcadia
clarity of comment
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

If their goal is to induce people to leave the old homes without protest and be happy the most logical thing would be two more themes: one ultramodern glascube type (Meadowbrook) and one Asian style ( Shareta Osumai). If many years ago when they first made Lindenhomes they decided that modern, loghouses, fantasy and Asian would meet the wishes of ALL their customers best,  I see no reason why they now should think otherwise.

First they introduced three themes that were really NEW: Traditionals, Houseboats and Campers. These were eagerly taken by the people who were NOT satisfied with the old choice. After that they started to give us 2.0 versions of the old themes.

• Like 1

I think if they do a Asian theme they will probably design it to be flexible in style for users, i.e. not too specific, in the same way they approached Fantasy so that users could use the homes and decorate them to meet a variety of fantasy themes.

It's interesting to wonder about how the next theme will fit on the map also - will it be a stand alone continent like the Fantasy regions, or be a transitions as we see with the other land homes - perhaps from the stilt, log or chalet home areas since that's where the largest spaces on the map are now.

Added text
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, Chloe Bunny said:

I think Modern style next as it seems the most wanted. And then I look for one more 512 theme but I don't know how hopeful I should be about that!

I think it would be nice for users to have another 512 option, to meet the needs of those users who aren't too bothered about having a larger parcel and who want to be able to get some mainland too. A more standard kind of home might be good, rather than a more niche style like campers. Maybe something taller rather than wide so as not to fill the whole plot with the home, and open plan so it doesn't feel cramped inside. However  I doubt that's what's coming.

Not the prettiest of designs but kinda shows what I mean:

145517673091801_18th_012.thumb.jpg.e1e864b1e348c5e02de357fe2ab55631.jpg

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, Chloe Bunny said:

I think a few people are rooting for futuristic - space or skyhomes - this would make a good 512 but I see what you mean about the super tall thing. Perhaps those treehomes will appear after all!

When the home first came out I thought it would be a nice idea to have space or futuristic, but I'm not so sure they would go with that now. Seems a bit too niche in some ways, I'm not sure how many Premium holders would really want that. They need to make homes that will have a more broad appeal one way or other, and I'm not so sure futuristic or space/sci-fi does. I can't imagine what the landscaping would be like...

• Like 4

I would like to see a "Coastal Theme" set of deep water regions appear around the coastlines of all the major mainland continents which would connect all the SL continents together. The "Coastal Theme" regions should not contain any houses, houseboats, dwellings or habitable land. Because I (and many others) want an SL map which is fully accessible by all water vessels.

The new "Coastal Theme" regions would all be ex Nascera Continent (Linden Homes v1.0) regions that have been recycled and repositioned., rather than being wastefully deleted.

Edited by SarahKB7 Koskinen
  • Like 2

I think it's very likely that one of the remaining themes will end up north of the current Stilt/Chalet area. Both the Chalet and Log areas are clearly unfinished on their northern sides, and both have unfinished rail lines heading north. To complete those areas, and link up the rail lines, you're going to need another theme (or two) that kind of envelops the Stilt area and reaches from the Log homes to the Chalet homes.

That's a very large area, so it would make sense that if one theme was going to bridge that gap, it would be a theme that LL are banking on being appealing to a very broad range of residents - and I would guess that a new take on the Meadowbrook theme as others have mentioned, fits that bill.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Eowyn Southmoor said:

Both the Chalet and Log areas are clearly unfinished on their northern sides, and both have unfinished rail lines heading north.

My guess is that they will add more houseboats to the north of the Stilts (as they have done below there). They would have to move quite a lot of regions if building north of the stilts,   but there are only a handful south they'd have to move, so I'd put money on the remaining two themes being south of the stilts and east of log land, or south east'sih of the Chalets.

• Like 1

Alright!  If I'm going to dream, I'm going to dream BIG.  I propose a 3 level set of regions.  Water level, mid-sky, and outerspace.  With 3 levels of housing in the same region everyone's perceived space and privacy would increase.  Bonus - very little landscaping unless it's under water or floating rocks.

At the water level is a little something for the mermaids:

3.jpg.9ff835b06726ff183ecd84c78ac84319.jpg

Mid-level sky is floating islands:

1782841378_2(1).thumb.jpg.406fb759df39437737095353c4151164.jpg

The outerspace houses would, of course, be scifi inspired:

532342882_2(2).jpg.fd3f4f91e95fc2501237204f444920c6.jpg

There, now everyone is happy except for the modern house style people.  I'm not sure how navigating would work since the parcels are all on different levels and flying your Jetson's spaceship would be hard without knowing where other parcels are and mermaids would have a hard time swimming the reefs if they can't tell where the sky island parcel is, but hey, I can dream BIG if I want.  So, if you want a home in this utopia, you will only own the land at the level where your home is located.  Above and below are public access.

ETA:  This can be done by either choosing your home level from the parcel controller or (like the 3 styles of stilts) you chose your level from the land page.

Edited by Cinnamon Mistwood
  • Like 9

8 hours ago, Evangeline Arcadia said:

I think it would be nice for users to have another 512 option, to meet the needs of those users who aren't too bothered about having a larger parcel and who want to be able to get some mainland too. A more standard kind of home might be good, rather than a more niche style like campers. Maybe something taller rather than wide so as not to fill the whole plot with the home, and open plan so it doesn't feel cramped inside. However  I doubt that's what's coming.

Not the prettiest of designs but kinda shows what I mean:

145517673091801_18th_012.thumb.jpg.e1e864b1e348c5e02de357fe2ab55631.jpg

82b70be1928429c04b166c33531ac085.jpg

• Like 5

Maybe the clues lie here...? 

I can see stilts, lighthouses, surfing waves, a sort of storm over some sharks and is that Saturn or a UFO?!!!

Also what is that face behind the cloud? I found these on a boat bar in the stilt region apologies if late to the party I have not explored the regions much until recently...

Snapshot_191.png

Snapshot_192.png

Snapshot_193.png

Snapshot_194.png

Snapshot_195.png

Snapshot_196.png

• Like 8

Ones to replace the current old themes are the sensible guesses, though there are other things that'd also work. I've seen people asking for small houses and cottages. An English-style cottage theme could be a second 512 option. A gothic horror theme could blend with the fantasy houses on the same continent, with a bit of a spooky forest between them. I'm not going to say the crab aliens theme couldn't happen though, because the giant mushroom forest happened. Crab aliens would also make it a sea theme, which have been popular so far.

• Like 5

20 hours ago, SarahThe Wanderer said:

If they're going to do a Sci fi theme, I'd like to see similar version of the Horizons regions, it's beautiful there but people ruined it with their traditional homes.

I hope they do better than the Horizons homes... I do like the idea but the implementation resulted in buildings with mostly useless internal spaces. They work fine for a little reception area I guess, maybe a place for portals to elsewhere on your parcel but aside from that just too small and awkward. That is why you never or rarely see people actually using them. If they return to a sci-fi theme they really need to consider how the space the buildings provide can be used. 

Edited by Aethelwine

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 996 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.