New Gacha Policy Discussion

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 987 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

2 minutes ago, Kytteh Wytchwood said:

The end game is about turning a profit. After all, this is a business virtual platform to make real money.

People seem to forget that and get upset when creators are out for profit.

Then you also know there' s more to money than just making a quick buck by gachas.

A good product will pay (out) for itself. Gachas do not turn that balance.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

There are so many people that are so deluded as to what most of the conversation is about in this thread.

While I have seen posts saying they are glad that gacha will be gone, the much more vocal are the ones that are trying to figure out how to get around it and the ones responding to their ideas.

I see very little 'hate' in this thread except for people like you that are ranting about the haters.

This is fine actually.  Them posting methods to get around it, gives LL the chance to investigate it, and add it to approved or not.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Kytteh Wytchwood said:

The true purpose of these gacha events was to bring in traffic to the creators' mainstore and browse their wares for future purchases, thus it profited the creator outside of the gacha system.

Then a lot of them wanted to tell a "story" with their gachas. How does one tell a story with a basic outfit? 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, LemmeStore said:
Hello, Im the owner of a store called LEMME. My store is half gacha based. This message goes to creators and events looking for new solutions to this big change.
I had an idea inspired on Epiphany exclusive item to the next possible fun-sale system. I just wanted to share it to see what you think and if it can be one of the possible proposals.
What if we (designers) keep creating complete sets, like we used to do in gacha. Then , at the events or mainstores, we release them by selling all the separate items, so the customer can cleary see and choose what to buy. But in adition of making this more fun , every "common" item gives you points, like in Epiphany. Every common gives you 1 point, and then you get RARE for free, as a "gift", only if you buy and complete the whole set. Once you have all the points (if the set has 12 items, then 12 points) you click on Rare and you get it. Can be the rare or can be another second "rare" ...who knows, just thinking out loud. Ofc this doesnt imply to trade your points in order to get this "gift or rare" thing. You get the points, you keep your items and you obtain this prize.
And we can value the commons prices by its complexity etc having a range prices based on that. I mean, is just one idea for some sets, and we can still sell some others as fatpack or individual and give the chance to buy a "rare" directly.
Maybe is a silly proposal but I think we need to start thinking on what to do, specially the stores like mine, based on gachas.
Im not trying to iniciate a discussion based on negative reactions, so please just reply if you think this could work or if you can make it better, or why this wouldnt work at all comments are ofc welcome too. But Im not in the mood to read if gacha is gambling or is not. Gachas are gone, we move on looking for creative solutions that work in a fun and also legal way ❤

I give you points for offering up a possible way of selling things.  I personally think this will only work with the folks that routinely want the fatpacks (the part about buying all items to get the "gift"), or the folks that do a lot of resale of items (if the items are transferable).  Since there is no chance and no 'unknown', I'd assume that it will be allowed.

Edited by LittleMe Jewell
  • Like 2

19 minutes ago, Komarimono said:

I know, just sounds too similar.  In this case, hiding said items behind a pay wall.  Requiring the person to purchase everything else first.

Well I dont see how it sounds too familiar. I was thinking this idea having in mind the needing of a new selling system that is both healty and fun. As I wrote on my post, it doesnt need to be the rare what you get, could just be a extra item as a gift. Is a way to encourage to get the full set in my opinion in a naive and honest way, where you dont have to trade your purchases in order to get the big thing or anything like that. Is more like a compensation if you buy the whole set.  Like when in RL you buy 3 and you the get the 4th for free.  But ofc was just an idea to share, I wasnt pretending anything else but help designers and events who are struggling with the news.

I was just talking right now with a friend of mine that is a reseller and he is disperate as the only inome that he have was with selling gacha....he said that was the only way for have some money because he is on a wheelchair and can t go work...i swear i was crying....now let see how many gacha hater will talk about this....unfortunally there is more people in the same situation and now??? Instead to fight eachother for b******t we have to find the solution all togheter for give as well the opportunity to the small business to keep going with the small MP 

Edited by Stella Davros
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

24 minutes ago, Kytteh Wytchwood said:

The end game is about turning a profit. After all, this is a business virtual platform to make real money.

People seem to forget that and get upset when creators are out for profit.

Then, as an artist and creator, and MP store owner, I'm in it for the wrong reason.

I do it because I love doing it, my brain isn't quiet unless I do it, and my art makes people feel good.

If you're here selling items (notice I am excluding the few massive virtual land barons) to turn a real world profit good on you, but most of us aren't and never will see a profit from our efforts, except an emotional one.

Still doesn't take away the fact that gachas are known to be a manipulative way of selling goods. Creators who are profiting from gachas are using gambling (rather than quality of product sold) to make their profit. Eww. Plus, LL's legal counsel considers them gambling. Hence, they are going away. It boggles the mind that so many can not seem to acknowledge that fact. Say it with me, "Gachas are going away."

As a business person you now should be asking yourself, "How can I change my business model to make a profit without gachas? How can I use this virtual platform to make real money without this method?" I'm sure some will manage, and some won't.

If your virtual business can't find another (legal) way to sell and make real money, it'll fail. Welcome to the real world.

Edited by Katherine Heartsong
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 2

9 minutes ago, LemmeStore said:

Well I dont see how it sounds too familiar. I was thinking this idea having in mind the needing of a new selling system that is both healty and fun. As I wrote on my post, it doesnt need to be the rare what you get, could just be a extra item as a gift. Is a way to encourage to get the full set in my opinion in a naive and honest way, where you dont have to trade your purchases in order to get the big thing or anything like that. Is more like a compensation if you buy the whole set.  Like when in RL you buy 3 and you the get the 4th for free.  But ofc was just an idea to share, I wasnt pretending anything else but help designers and events who are struggling with the news.

We have those already, called Fatpacks.

Just now, LemmeStore said:

Ok you just want to call me stupid, go ahead. I just wanted to share an idea. Have a great day

Apologies, but not sure on how that was calling you stupid?  What you just said, is exactly what we already have now.  I was just saying what it was, being that of Fatpacks.  No need to take it personally.

Just now, Komarimono said:

Apologies, but not sure on how that was calling you stupid?  What you just said, is exactly what we already have now.  I was just saying what it was, being that of Fatpacks.  No need to take it personally.

She wasn't describing a fatpack but a set.

Just now, Arielle Popstar said:

She wasn't describing a fatpack but a set.

Yes, you buy the entire set, and get a bonus item, as they clarified.  How is that any different then buying the Fatpack, that has the entire set, most coming with a bonus to them for buying said Fatpack?  Some come with more color options for Hair, Huds for more textures on clothing, or accessories etc.

I'm more confused on how they implied I was insulting them.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Silas Merlin said:

That is precisely the problem in this thread. the actual gacha players are underrepresented if at all. Maybe some are reading, but I doubt it, because they are being repeatedly stigmatized with numerous pejorative attributes (and creators too for that matter).

The voices being heard (hammered would be a better word) are a handful of gacha haters who are delighted to see the gacha gone because they think this means they are finally going to be able to get their hands on the goods easily for the same price (being under the wrong impression that the true price of the item is that of the pull on the machine).

If you should sell your statues in ordinary vendors, you price them. Maybe somebody is stupid enough to believe you creators will use the pull price. I have not read some believing it in this thread. I have read people saying they would pay more for copy/no trans.

So there is 2 options: Don't sell anything, and be bitter.

Or: Sell your goods for the price you set. Then people can buy them or not. At least the money goes to you, and not a reseller.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Silas Merlin said:

That is precisely the problem in this thread. the actual gacha players are underrepresented if at all. Maybe some are reading, but I doubt it, because they are being repeatedly stigmatized with numerous pejorative attributes (and creators too for that matter).

The voices being heard (hammered would be a better word) are a handful of gacha haters who are delighted to see the gacha gone because they think this means they are finally going to be able to get their hands on the goods easily for the same price (being under the wrong impression that the true price of the item is that of the pull on the machine).

How about the voices that were trying to help you?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, LemmeStore said:

Ok you just want to call me stupid, go ahead. I just wanted to share an idea. Have a great day

No you're not stupid you shared your idea and thi is just an honour....btw i swear I readed posts on this tread that is better to not answer....i prefer that someone will create an event just for resellers where all you creators can sell full set like i don t know 5/6000 lindens and after the resellers can sell into their small business like this who hate gacha will be more happy ....cause even if u find a solution there will be someone to say somenthing like is no good and bla bla bla......

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Kytteh Wytchwood said:

Gachas were created as a way to get people with low budgets in real life, to purchase their products. It was done out of generosity at first.

That is absolutely laughable, if you want to cater to low budget customers, all you have to do is reduce your margin, the randomness screws those people if anything because they are unlikely to get what they want, only now they can't complain that they lost as you gave them "something" (which has no value for them but that's beside the point)

25 minutes ago, Kytteh Wytchwood said:

This meant that creators wanted to do more than sales, they needed a system that would make their customers and future customers happy. Creators sold their high quality products into the gacha system, and gave permission for the customer to resell and make a profit.

You mean, creators wanting to get more than what their product is worth. The random nature of gachas ensures that you cannot know in advance how much the item you are trying to get will cost you. Hell you might even have to walk away without it, with your inventory full of filler items that barely qualify as a consolation prize.

28 minutes ago, Kytteh Wytchwood said:

Sadly, they are rarely the actual value of the product. If any creator "dares" to price their worth, people complain selfishly as they only think about what they can afford and not about the talent, skill, time and effort a creator put into creating for this virtual platform.

I can spend up to five MONTHS refining the same product, I try to price them fairly and to reflect the work put in, but I also know that whatever price I pick HAS to match my customer's expectations.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, Kytteh Wytchwood said:

When i would buy gachas, I would also visit their mainstore, to see what else the creator had created.

And some of those creators do nothing BUT gachas.  It's their entire business model.  They have nothing for sale aside from gachas.  What then is the point of the gacha?

What it may have started out as is certainly not what it is now.

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, Stella Davros said:

even if u find a solution there will be someone to say somenthing like is no good and bla bla bla.

Welcome to LIFE.  There are always people that are going to disagree, not be happy, whine and complain about things.  Rather than trying to change their minds or lashing out at such folks, life is much more pleasant if they are simply ignored.

Edited by LittleMe Jewell
  • Like 4

3 minutes ago, Rowan Amore said:

And some of those creators do nothing BUT gachas.  It's their entire business model.  They have nothing for sale aside from gachas.  What then is the point of the gacha?

What it may have started out as is certainly not what it is now.

Ofc, but gachas was another way to do business

10 hours ago, Drake1 Nightfire said:

I need to touch on this statement.. Gambling is NOT illegal in the USA. Only two states have banned gambling, Utah and Hawaii. 

Just providing info.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gambling_in_the_United_States#Legality

And some may want to scroll down a little and read the section pertaining to First Nations gaming.

There's also a nice chart that shows which states ban which type of gambling.

Edited by Silent Mistwalker
  • Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 987 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.