New Gacha Policy Discussion

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 979 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

2 minutes ago, Finite said:

Yes that's what I said.

You're ignoring the part about the randomness of the purchase. Not the good itself or my skill.

Money + random result = gambling.

Even if you know the odds.

Gambling is the issue for the people making the laws.

Edited by Katherine Heartsong

Just now, Katherine Heartsong said:

You're ignoring the part about the randomness of the purchase. Not the good itself or my skill.

Money + random result = gambling.

Yes I ignored it because it wasn't relevant to what I was quoted as saying. So I took it as not pertaining to me.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

*sigh*

Some folks JUST DO NOT GET IT

You obviously Dont, a gumball machine your hoping for that one color of gum damn didn't get slips another quater damn didn't get, nope i dont have enough tickets for that prize damn i must use more quaters to chance getting that one prize, oh i want that temp tattoo several dollars later. Same concept you obviously Just DO NOT GET IT.

I prefer Gocha items because they are well above the artistic skill level of most creators cant reach those of the gacha land. 1000LL for a poorly designed picture or 100LL for a well detail picture from a gocha get the point. Its not gambling its smart buying.

Edited by ZacharyFen
add
  • Confused 6

3 minutes ago, Finite said:

Yes I ignored it because it wasn't relevant to what I was quoted as saying. So I took it as not pertaining to me.

Apologies, it sounded to me like you were equating skilled gaming with gambling when you said ...

"Gambling is already allowed in SL on skill gaming sims"

As pointed out they are not the same, and LL does NOT allow gambling. But we may not agree on the definition of gambling.

3 minutes ago, Katherine Heartsong said:

Apologies, it sounded to me like you were equating skilled gaming with gambling when you said ...

"Gambling is already allowed in SL on skill gaming sims"

As pointed out they are not the same, and LL does NOT allow gambling.

Oh, that wasn't what you quoted. Ya imo skill gaming in SL or at least the game I played "no-devil" is gambling and I had explained why I felt that way. "skill gaming" is just a sugar coated name. I think if gachas had done something similar and not called it "gacha" or "loot boxes" we might not be having this discussion right now. Even Patch said whatever is to come if this the name "gacha" won't be a term used again.

Edited by Finite
  • Like 1

Oh, that wasn't what you quoted. Ya imo skill gaming in SL or at least the game I played "no-devil" is gambling and I had explained why I felt that way. "skill gaming" is just a sugar coated name. I think if gachas had done something similar and not called it "gacha" or "loot boxes" we might not be having this discussion right now. Even Patch said whatever is to come if this the name "gacha" won't term used again.

Thank for explaining! :) we'll agree to disagree about gambling and keep living life then. No harm, no foul.

OMG gumballs are $0.10 to $0.25 now? They used to be a penny!!!!! (I am so old)

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, ZacharyFen said:

You obviously Dont, a gumball machine your hoping for that one color of gum damn didn't get slips another quater damn didn't get, nope i dont have enough tickets for that prize damn i must use more quaters to chance getting that one prize, oh i want that temp tattoo several dollars later. Same concept you obviously Just DO NOT GET IT.

I prefer Gocha items because they are well above the artistic skill level of most creators cant reach those of the gacha land. 1000LL for a poorly designed picture or 100LL for a well detail picture from a gocha get the point. Its not gambling its smart buying.

I'm beginning to think there are people who are just trying to goad me into insulting them to get me in trouble.

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Finite said:

Lol. Sorry I can't help but see it the same way. They are just gum balls to me. But I get how people view it as gambling.

OK. Let me elaborate : A gumball machine sells you gumballs, but by chance you might get that rare item. And I'm sure that if you take the prize back to the vendor he'll give you a gumball in return if you insist. The prize is a selling technique for the gumballs. It has nothing to do with the actual pricing of the gumballs.

This is not how gacha-machines work : it promises to sell you a rare as long as you keep trying by buying, but it might not if you run out of money . That' s gambling.

Edited by TDD123
  • Like 2

10 minutes ago, ZacharyFen said:

The "YOU DO NOT GET IT" applies to the concept that you apparently think that your opinion on what Gacha is matters at all.

LL's legal folks said 'BAN GACHA', thus LL will ban Gacha despite any opinion of anyone else.

Edited by LittleMe Jewell
  • Like 3

I can't believe they are trying to say that gachas are gambling. They are no different than the gumball machines I used to drop coins in as a child. Are you telling me that I started gambling at that age of 3 or 4? However old I was when I got my first bright shiny penny to put in the machine? (Yeah, I know... that means I am OLD). Seriously, those crane games you walk past in Walmart before you even get to the carts are much more of a gamble than a gacha is. With a gacha, I am getting something in return with each purchase I make. With those crane games, you are lucky if you walk away with a 50 cent toy after dropping $5, taking one turn after another. This is absolutely idiotic. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

Just now, TDD123 said:

OK. Let me elaborate : A gumball machine sells you gumballs, but by chance you might get that rare item. And I'm sure that if you take the prize back to the vendor he'll give you a gumball in return if you insist. The prize is a selling technique.

This is not how gachas work : it promises to sell you a rare as long as you keep trying, but it might not if you run out of money . That' s gambling.

Gum balls or toy machines. Cost a quarter. You get a random thing. Gachas in SL cost .21 to .63 cents. You get a random thing. People were kind enough above to agree to disagree. You constantly repeating yourself and forcing you view on others isn't likely going to change anyone's views either.

I play gacha because I want the whole thing. If you played gacha for just 1 of the 25 to 50 things in it then yes you were gambling and are now bitter about it. So thank you from the rest of us who played gacha for fun for ruining it for everyone.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

11 minutes ago, Finite said:

Oh, that wasn't what you quoted. Ya imo skill gaming in SL or at least the game I played "no-devil" is gambling and I had explained why I felt that way. "skill gaming" is just a sugar coated name. I think if gachas had done something similar and not called it "gacha" or "loot boxes" we might not be having this discussion right now. Even Patch said whatever is to come if this the name "gacha" won't be a term used again.

Correct if gatcha was called "no angels" will be all legal

• Haha 1
  • Confused 3

4 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

The number of sock-puppet accounts being created to come here and scream about Gacha being the same as gumball machines is quite amazing.

I noticed the same last night for those against it as well. However it could just be that they came here for the reason to discuss gacha. I personally never checked the forums until 7 years after I started playing when I wanted to sell my sim.

Edited by Finite
  • Like 1

People were kind enough above to agree to disagree. You constantly repeating yourself and forcing you view on others isn't likely going to change anyone's views either.

Repeating gachas are the exact same thing as gumball machines, is the exact same thing.

3 minutes ago, Finite said:

So thank you from the rest of us who played gacha for fun for ruining it for everyone.

I stated before, I played gachas too. I do consider it gambling unlike gumball machines and if obtaining a rare I went out and bought it on MP instead. That' s my right as a consumer as well.

I'm not a legislator. And hold of course no more power over any of this as you as an enduser.

Ok you people are obviously one track minded not to see i listed a few gambling technics that the whole usa uses and im sure other countries use. Gotchas are a 1 set price item, most of which if you play an x amount of times your guranteed a rare. Of course many people also dont realise that gotchas for the quality they are are below what marketplace value would be. While you can easily resale the duplicate gachas to get almost all your money back there is no gambling involved because of the resale of the item, NOW if it was no trade items then we can say it is a gamble but these items are indeed tradable making them a marketable item.

Were not paying high prices for great quality items nore are we chancing much into it, As stated again it can only be gambling if your not able to market from it Hence no trade.

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

2 minutes ago, ZacharyFen said:

most of which if you play an x amount of times your guranteed a rare

You nailed it : as long as ALL gachas do not guarantee the rare after x amounts, it will be considered gambling from now on.

7 minutes ago, Finite said:

I play gacha because I want the whole thing. If you played gacha for just 1 of the 25 to 50 things in it then yes you were gambling and are now bitter about it. So thank you from the rest of us who played gacha for fun for ruining it for everyone.

The ones that complain about gacha are not the reason for LL banning it.  They are banning it because their lawyers told them to -- because it appears that allowing it would likely get very costly, from a legal standpoint

Complaints about gacha, to the politicians of various locales, might have something to do with it being associated with gambling and/or it being banned in various places-- but even then, the number of complainers from SL is bound to be super tiny compared to the number of folks out there in RL complaining about Gacha.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

The ones that complain about gacha are not the reason for LL banning it.  They are banning it because their lawyers told them to -- because it appears that allowing it would likely get very costly, from a legal standpoint

Ok so you have only mentioned that a 134 times and counting. What is the real reason you have an issue with them?

1 minute ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

Complaints about gacha, to the politicians of various locales, might have something to do with it being associated with gambling and/or it being banned in various places-- but even then, the number of complainers from SL is bound to be super tiny compared to the number of folks out there in RL complaining about Gacha.

You have right, but for my opinion instead to stop it they have to find the way (and exist) to continue to sell them 

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 979 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.