Kalhene ERIKA Mesh Body

Stephanie Misfit

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 211 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

2 minutes ago, Lucia Nightfire said:

"ERIKA Mesh Body v4.3" is literally the name of the object my bots have seen at least a dozen different people wearing.

It was created by Cynthia Littlepaws.

Ya, I noticed on the list that the other bodies from there don't give a version number after looking at it..

Hopefully they have people they know beta testing  for an update and they are the ones getting picked up.. I went to the store and did a redeliver and still only got 4.2.

The only reason I asked the other thing was, because of seeing 3.4 in there and no other versions other than 4.2..

Hopefully  we have an update coming and hope it's not the other thing where someone is stealing from them..

• Like 1

On 4/12/2023 at 4:13 PM, Lucia Nightfire said:

"ERIKA Mesh Body v4.3" is literally the name of the object my bots have seen at least a dozen different people wearing.

It was created by Cynthia Littlepaws.

Cynthia is the new CEO for Kalhene so an update maybe coming , likely this is a product test for it.

f53f015d2fc49db5be13b28fe9bcffc2.png

Edited by colleen Criss
add more info
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, colleen Criss said:

Cynthia is the new CEO for Kalhene so an update maybe coming , likely this is a product test for it.

f53f015d2fc49db5be13b28fe9bcffc2.png

I don't  know if she was CEO before or not, but I know she was around before the two newer bodies came out..

I think one is CEO and the other is more CSR.

They had the Kalhene Ariadna body and head out first but it got taken down.. I think Alexia ended up being the evolved version.. then later they released Erika.

I would have loved to have gotten an Ariadna.. I guess it fit Maitreya things  really well..

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, Ceka Cianci said:

I would have loved to have gotten an Ariadna.. I guess it fit Maitreya things  really well..

I have both, and Analexa has basically the same shape as Ariadna, but with more options (like petite and flat chest and mid feet). So I would say that Ariadna was more like a demo version of the body. They both fit Maitreya clothes moderately well, but these bodies are noticeably smaller from the waist down, so the clothing often hovers over them. The hands are also different from Maitreya ones, so very long sleeves or accessories won't fit at all. I still like Analexa, and wear it as the main body on this account, but Lucybody is definitely better in terms of Maitreya compatibility. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 5 weeks later...

I just saw that Kalhene has released a free no mod version of Erika. Group notice says its free for a limited time and doesn't give an end date. http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Heels/206/41/588 

It comes with flat feet only, one outfit, one pair of shoes and a skin that fits classic heads (works fine on lel evo not evoX). This is pretty nice. I'd say its an amazing demo for those that want to try the body out and for alts. It's unfortunate that it doesn't come with a HUD, no alpha HUD will make dressing it more difficult. But at least it fits clothes that the paid body wears unlike the free "meshbody classic" which does come with an alpha cut HUD but its difficult to find clothing for it since it doesn't fit the clothing of the paid Legacy body. No group is needed to grab Erika Zero so that makes things a bit easier on everyone. I was really excited when I came to the store just to get shoes and saw the free body, I thought this might give it a popularity boost. But since its limited time only I am not sure. Its a nice gift for those that get it, but putting any price on it will seriously dampen potential pick up I think. Oh well, we will see what they do with it! In any case its a nice gift for now. 

One thing that just occurred to me, I suppose this body might be lighter weight than the regular version since it comes with only one foot shape and no alpha cuts. Might be nice to keep around even with access to the paid body if that's true.

Edited by Ze Helix
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 4

1 hour ago, Ze Helix said:

I just saw that Kalhene has released a free no mod version of Erika. Group notice says its free for a limited time and doesn't give an end date. http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Heels/206/41/588 

It comes with flat feet only, one outfit, one pair of shoes and a skin that fits classic heads (works fine on lel evo not evoX). This is pretty nice. I'd say its an amazing demo for those that want to try the body out and for alts. It's unfortunate that it doesn't come with a HUD, no alpha HUD will make dressing it more difficult. But at least it fits clothes that the paid body wears unlike the free "meshbody classic" which does come with an alpha cut HUD but its difficult to find clothing for it since it doesn't fit the clothing of the paid Legacy body. No group is needed to grab Erika Zero so that makes things a bit easier on everyone. I was really excited when I came to the store just to get shoes and saw the free body, I thought this might give it a popularity boost. But since its limited time only I am not sure. Its a nice gift for those that get it, but putting any price on it will seriously dampen potential pick up I think. Oh well, we will see what they do with it! In any case its a nice gift for now. 

One thing that just occurred to me, I suppose this body might be lighter weight than the regular version since it comes with only one foot shape and no alpha cuts. Might be nice to keep around even with access to the paid body if that's true.

This wasn't the "v4.3" body I saw many wearing weeks ago as it was 35 links and the zero body is 4.

The new creator was the same, though.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Ya I guess the free version doesn't have a hud or scripts to it.. From what I heard it's pretty much just a raw bakes on mesh version of the Erika body.. The v4.3 showing up before it's release must have been testers.. 

I'm gonna pick one up the next time I'm in world just to have..

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Ze Helix said:

Oh that is great! My alts are wearing the free Lucy Body which really only works if you want a slim look. Going to make them curvy now with Erika :)

• Like 2

I've been playing around with Zero for myself for two days and I love it! I already have a photo online, but can't post it here... haha (it's in the Adult forum)... but seriously, it's fun to mess with.

Not including high feet for it doesn't bother me. I have some older unrigged mesh shoes that I can use with Zero, and I found some rigged boots that look good for me with dresses. I also scored some rigged flats for her.

I'm not going to buy the full pack for now, as I have an alt that's used Erika as her main body for a while. She's had it since... v1.4 I guess?

I've been able to score a few freebie dresses for it already... might add some of the modest outfits from Hilly Halaan to round out my Erika Zero. :)

• Like 3

On 5/14/2023 at 7:56 AM, Ze Helix said:

For those of us who are bad at navigating 3d space and can't read white text over almost white flooring and walls:

When you teleport in you will be near or in a recessed alcove of the wall which has the vendor for the main body on the far side. Near the lower left of the wall there are 2 mannequins representing the vendor for the "zero" body, next to an illegible white-on-transparent sign. . . These kind of shenanigans are why I shop on the MP when I know what I'm looking for. . .

• Like 3

I think this is a genius move and if they have any brains at all, they'll make Zero a permanent freebie (or at least, price it at no more than L$10) because of all the people who try it out and then decide that they want to buy the fully-functioning version. 

• Like 6

On 5/14/2023 at 5:08 PM, Stephanie Misfit said:

Going to make them curvy now with Erika :)

Very little effort for me on that front. I use a bunch of shapes that I already curved out a bit with Maitreya + Irina. The only mod I made was shortening the neck and making it a bit thicker. After that I had to tell my RL dude to leave the room for five minutes, because... nah. Hehe :D

10 hours ago, Maitimo said:

I think this is a genius move and if they have any brains at all, they'll make Zero a permanent freebie

It's great that Erika Zero works with the same clothes that fit Erika, unlike the other mesh freebies (that I'm aware of) that don't seem to fit anything. The only drawback is designer support, which is not great. Even so, Erika Zero is the first free mesh body that didn't make me want to immediately throw all of my money at Maitreya. 

• Like 4

This is wild, y'all. I picked up the Erika Zero in the effort to give it a good faith try. In my 187K inventory, with a wide-ranging shopping list for fantasy, furry, fashion, and exotic dancewear, NOTHING is rigged for Erika except for one pair of sandals I got at a shop&hop from N-core. 

This is a problem the designer needs to address immediately. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Blaise Glendevon said:

This is wild, y'all. I picked up the Erika Zero in the effort to give it a good faith try. In my 187K inventory, with a wide-ranging shopping list for fantasy, furry, fashion, and exotic dancewear, NOTHING is rigged for Erika except for one pair of sandals I got at a shop&hop from N-core. 

This is a problem the designer needs to address immediately. 

I do think part of the problem is the speed in which Kalhene is processing requests for dev kits to be given to prospective creators. I generally see a dozen or so requests for dev kits every day at their Discord server. I wonder how many of those creators are granted access to the Erika dev kit. 

There seems to be plenty of requests every week. I know Kalhene has to be careful as to whomever is granted access, but to me there's plenty of interest in Erika. I wish they'd step it up more now. I'm almost considering buying the full pack for myself, especially if it goes on sale. 

I hear you though... wish there was more support for exotic and fantasy looks for Erika, along with more modest outfits. It's a really versatile body IMO.

(Otherwise... maybe I'd add Reborn to my body stash... hmm.)

31 minutes ago, JeromFranzic said:

I know Kalhene has to be careful as to whomever is granted access

See, looking at the clothes currently available, I'd say there isn't much careful attention paid to who gets kits. It's all template and copy/paste looking stuff. To be frank, I'm not the Erika audience. From playing with the body for a morning, I have to turn everything down as low as it will go without deforming the mesh to make even a reasonably pleasing shape. I'm wearing the strongest butt deformer I have, and still look -- protuberant. But even if I were looking for a more generously figured avatar, the clothes would be a hard stop.

If it were me, I'd be reaching out to high quality original mesh brands and offering them some kind of paid partnership to at least get a few outfits on the shelves. 

Edited by Blaise Glendevon

29 minutes ago, Blaise Glendevon said:

See, looking at the clothes currently available, I'd say there isn't much careful attention paid to who gets kits. It's all template and copy/paste looking stuff. To be frank, I'm not the Erika audience. From playing with the body for a morning, I have to turn everything down as low as it will go without deforming the mesh to make even a reasonably pleasing shape. I'm wearing the strongest butt deformer I have, and still look -- protuberant. But even if I were looking for a more generously figured avatar, the clothes would be a hard stop.

If it were me, I'd be reaching out to high quality original mesh brands and offering them some kind of paid partnership to at least get a few outfits on the shelves. 

https://www.flickr.com/groups/14783420@N24/pool/

The catalog. The free Erika has none. Which are you dressing?

Lauren Dress By Carol's Store

{Le'La} Benedetta

Second Life 3 looks for the head RAVEN  form lelutka store wearing erika body from kalhene store

Edited by colleen Criss
to add photos
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, colleen Criss said:

https://www.flickr.com/groups/14783420@N24/pool/

The catalog. The free Erika has none. Which are you dressing?

Everything in there looks cheap, tacky, or both. I searched MP for freebies/dollarbies for Erika. There was one top by Aleutia that looks decent, but has half the breasts out and is rigged poorly around the shoulders and a couple of mini-dresses worth picking up. Everything else was kind of garbage. 

Edited by Blaise Glendevon
  • Confused 1

Even most things NOT for Erika are tacky with nips, lady bits and butts hanging out.  It's definitely not just an Erika problem.

There might be one or two outfits per event that I would even consider wearing.  Kind of a sad state overall, IMO.

• Like 9

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 211 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.