'Banned' while flying at Bellisseria

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1071 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

• Moles

To reiterate, if not being able to restrict a parcel to group only, put up huge walls, teleport anyone home who tries to enter or give them a few reasonable warning time to leave before ejecting them is not the type of environment you wish to live in as part of your Second Life experience, then a Linden Home in Bellisseria is probably not your cup of tea. There are plenty of options for places where you can do those things. Bellisseria just isn't one of them. You're welcome to disagree, but based on the large numbers of people living there and the struggle with supplying enough homes even 2 years into the project, it is an alternative option many residents seem to prefer. 

• Like 7
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Sam1 Bellisserian said:

Why why do you need locked doors if you are not there?  Yes, in RL you are allowed to lock your doors because people can actually STEAL things.  If set up correctly the most that they can even do is sit in a chair and admire the nice painting you chose to put on your wall or see that you have adult furniture.  

What part of 

to keep people out that don't need to be there when you are not at home.

did you not understand?

I don't have adult furniture. Not interested. 

I don't want  people in my home when I am not there in SL or RL. They have no need to be there when I am not unless I have given them permission to be there when I am not. It is my "home" away from home and I, like many others, feel it should be respected as such. 

• Like 3

18 hours ago, Abnor Mole said:

To reiterate, if not being able to restrict a parcel to group only, put up huge walls, teleport anyone home who tries to enter or give them a few reasonable warning time to leave before ejecting them is not the type of environment you wish to live in as part of your Second Life experience, then a Linden Home in Bellisseria is probably not your cup of tea. There are plenty of options for places where you can do those things. Bellisseria just isn't one of them. You're welcome to disagree, but based on the large numbers of people living there and the struggle with supplying enough homes even 2 years into the project, it is an alternative option many residents seem to prefer. 

Now where did I say anything like that?  I never wanted those things in Bellisseria, and I have said, in this topic and elsewhere, that my security system was set to be kinder than the official one. 

Edited by Garnet Psaltery
Removed unnecessary addition.
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, Abnor Mole said:

I have to add massive lag to you your list of these regions. The houseboat I keep is nearly a token that I keep because I am into SL for a year.  I can not even log into SL there without issues. It’s horrible. I have a very powerful Alienware Laptop.. but I honestly never use a security orb or the like because I really do not care if people are in my space or accidentally boat into it lol

Edited by Tarina Sewell

• Moles
Just now, Garnet Psaltery said:

Now where did I say anything like that?  I never wanted those things in Bellisseria, and I have said, in this topic and elsewhere, that my security system is set to be kinder than the official one.

It wasn't addressed specifically to you. I'm just saying there are options. Everyone can choose which option best fits their desired experience; whether it be a Linden Home, Mainland, or renting on or owning a private estate. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

17 minutes ago, Abnor Mole said:

That's nice. No other "options" were presented either - not viable ones that is.

Bellisseria should not have been a part of the Linden Home project - not without an equal setup, offering the same housing and parcel sizes while not restricting the control users have over access.

There is a distinct difference between what you're claiming and the reality of what has transpired thus far.

Further, your response here contains grossly inaccurate depictions of what has been said thus far.

Edited by Solar Legion
... Depictions ... Sheesh.
  • Like 2

• Moles
2 minutes ago, Tarina Sewell said:

I have to add massive lag to you your list of these regions. The houseboat I keep is nearly a token that I keep because I am into SL for a year.  I can not even log into SL there without issues. It’s horrible. I have a very powerful Alienware Laptop

Try reducing your draw distance. You'd be surprised how many lag issues resolve themselves simply by not having to render objects 150 or 200m away you can't really see anyway. When I'm in my Linden Home 32 or 64m seems entirely reasonable and greatly improves performance. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Tarina Sewell said:

Yes. Seems the op was in that range?

I'm not so sure.  Lots of people go flying around Bellisseria outside of the 400-2000m range.  The following was posted by the OP as one of the messages received:

[2021/05/12 17:30:10]  Second Life: Teleport completed from http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Fielders Choice/55/58/51

That shows that the OP was at a height of 51m at the time of that TP.

51m is high enough to be above the houses and most of the trees, so lots of people do fly around at that height.

Sorry to everyone who may be confused by my recent post. I linked to this thread by mistake. Rushing because stuff was boiling over in the kitchen didn't serve me well.

The post is now edited correct. I hope it makes more sense now.

Edit to add:

It's on page 6. We've added yet another page already!

Edited by Odaks

36 minutes ago, Tarina Sewell said:

I have to add massive lag to you your list of these regions. The houseboat I keep is nearly a token that I keep because I am into SL for a year.  I can not even log into SL there without issues. It’s horrible. I have a very powerful Alienware Laptop.. but I honestly never use a security orb or the like because I really do not care if people are in my space or accidentally boat into it lol

Then there is something grossly wrong with how your computer is set up or your internet connection. I did have an issue in one Bellisseria regions that I even posted about but once I realized that my draw distance was way too high I've not had that issue.  I rarely have lag even when there is 65 people on a region.

3 hours ago, Dyna Mole said:

The 2000m upper limit guarantees that flyers won't bump into any skyboxes or random garbage either.

Wrong! It guarantees that skyboxes, platforms and other garbage below 2000m are against the covenant. In no way does it prevent them from actually being there though. And they are....

Edited by Odaks
  • Like 1

Just now, Odaks said:

Wrong! It guarantees that skyboxes, platforms and other garbage below 200m are against the covenant. In no way does it prevent them from actually being there though. And they are....

This is true, primarily due to so many people not bothering to read the covenant.  Hell, some say they didn't even know such a thing existed.

All we can do is AR every time we see something below 2000m

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Solar Legion said:

It is quite telling that those who see no need for such access controls always bring up the lack of ability to steal items from another's parcel .... It is almost as though they imagine this is the concern, even when it is very clearly spelled out for them.

I don't get it?

Telling of what? What is spelled out?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

1 minute ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

All we can do is AR every time we see something below 2000m

I'm afraid you are right. Once you've been blown away after hitting skycrap at, say 750m (classic mainland) by a nasty security orb, finding out where you where, and who owns it, is just not worth the trouble. I now just mark the rough area that it happened as a "No Go" zone. It shouldn't be like this. Maybe LL will come up with a solution to people who just don't understand either what they're buying into, or who don't give a damn anyway? I'm not holding my breath.

I once did go to extensive trouble to revisit the offending platform, determine the owner, and sent them a very polite note pointing out the covenant requirements. Never again. Never, ever again. The vehement reply does not bear repeating.

1 hour ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

I'm not so sure.  Lots of people go flying around Bellisseria outside of the 400-2000m range.  The following was posted by the OP as one of the messages received:

That shows that the OP was at a height of 51m at the time of that TP.

51m is high enough to be above the houses and most of the trees, so lots of people do fly around at that height.

Visiting travellers/explorers have a responsibility to abide by the covent requirements, too, but nobody tells them what those requirements are. No surprise therefore that they fly at 51m. No surprise that they fall foul of security systems? Yes, no surprise!

Edited by Odaks

1 hour ago, Abnor Mole said:

When I'm in my Linden Home 32 or 64m seems entirely reasonable and greatly improves performance. 

But jump in your boat, aircraft or road vehicle, and see how well you navigate with draw set to 32! Even 64 is very dodgy.

3 hours ago, Sam1 Bellisserian said:

Then there is something grossly wrong with how your computer is set up or your internet connection. I did have an issue in one Bellisseria regions that I even posted about but once I realized that my draw distance was way too high I've not had that issue.  I rarely have lag even when there is 65 people on a region.

There is nothing wrong with my settings.  

24 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

He's a Mole, not a Linden - not required to use the official SL viewer.

That wasn't my point, however ....

Linden Staff and sub contractors really should use the Linden Client - for everything.

To develop and test in world builds using a TPV sets that TPV as the baseline expectation, a wholly unrealistic experience for customers (especially new users!) who use the official client. A simple example would be the difference in maximum VRAM the client can support - It would be trivial to build out a new Belli theme that pushed the stock client right to the limit and well over the moment actual customers with actual avatars move in a decorate - testing in the official client is not sufficient.

Furthermore, any frustration at the default viewer experience when trying to accomplish normal in world tasks, that actual customers have to do every single day, is the ONLY thing that will get meaningful change prioritized and pushed forward.

It's called drinking their own coffee.

I'll bet DD 32 works in the SL viewer.  

Edit: I lost my bet.

Just installed latest SL viewer, and most of the useful chat line commands are missing for SL viewer.  Nothing in their debug menu either.  FS (and other TPV's) have added those instant command line commands, or retained them from SL V1 viewers.  Why do companies treat their users like they all are idiots? Did LL hire some MS folks? 

So how does Abnor set his Draw Distance to 32 using the required SL viewer for Moles?

:) 

Edited by Jaylinbridges
added information

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1071 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.