Is Kemono controversial?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1098 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

8 minutes ago, Rowan Amore said:

The rabbit might be unwelcome in some areas that require human only.  There's a rabbit avatar in your library folder somewhere or there used to be one.

I know that furry avatars aren't allowed in a lot of places. I'm wondering about Kemono specifically. A friend of mine said something about Kemono being controversial and then she left sl before I could ask her about what she said.

1 hour ago, Foggypebble Muircastle said:

I know that furry avatars aren't allowed in a lot of places. I'm wondering about Kemono specifically. A friend of mine said something about Kemono being controversial and then she left sl before I could ask her about what she said.

Some people use the kemono for the anime look which some places find to be too childlike for adult venues.  I suppose each region owner will have their own ideas about that.  

20 minutes ago, Rowan Amore said:

Some people use the kemono for the anime look which some places find to be too childlike for adult venues.  I suppose each region owner will have their own ideas about that.  

Ah, so some region owners might consider the Kemono to be a child avatar? That would be a problem for me.

Edited by Foggypebble Muircastle

28 minutes ago, Foggypebble Muircastle said:

That would be a problem for me.

if you look fine there's nothing to worry.
But it's nothing new, people have their likes and dislikes, and can apply access limits for their land according to that.
Doesn't really matter if you'r human, furry, kemono, or other horrible "cute" avatar .. once you'll meet banlists or banlines.

3 hours ago, Foggypebble Muircastle said:

I want to get a rabbit avatar but some of them require the Kemono avatar. Yes or no, would I receive negativity for using a Kemono body?

the kemono was made with anthro avatars in mind. Anthro meaning animal-like avatar that stands on its hind legs. Anthro rabbit, fox, wolf, etc

if you get excluded from a human-only venue, it won't be because your body is kemono, it will be because you look like a rabbit

• Like 2

If a region owner doesn't like furries and ban them judging only by the appearance - that's his/hers problem, not yours. By doing so they've just lost a visitor and potential positive asset to their community by building/forcing boundaries like people build/force in RL already, far too many at that. Moving along and finding a new place to visit is the best solution in such a case. You may however want to check out this topic, but beware - it's pretty old.

As for Kemono itself - I'd say that every single avatar out there has a potential to be nice and to be horrible, look adult or childlike as well - and all are subject to personal tastes. Some people like Kemono, some people don't - same applies to DSD, KZK, Rawr etc.. If you'd make your looks nice, like Alwin said, you should be okay and not need to worry. For me, personally, Kemono looks "just anime", sometimes even "kawaii" (bonus comment: see "BNA: Brand New Animal").

At the end, just be yourself. If you'd try to be someone else, for someone else, you'll never feel immersive.

Edited by panterapolnocy
  • Like 3

The kemono body alone is flat, but can be made to look curvy and you can even buy mods to make it more curvy/thicc to convey a mature body.

Here is me wearing the kemono body with ABC Bouncy Boobs and M4 Chibi head:

https://gyazo.com/c8af59a86a579dd74319f1e5f0cdf971

Here is me wearing the kemono body with the fitted torso mod and ASR Aeon head:

https://gyazo.com/b9aadb806ab1bdba5f37199092db1377

I've seen people use the Maitreya Lara body as a child avatar and child clothing with slider usage to explicitly give that look, so the door can swing both ways with some bodies.

• Thanks 1

The main controversy in using Kemono is when your avatar is human rather than furry, and it's because it usually looks underage.  With a furry avatar that's not so much an issue because no-one can tell how old a furry is supposed to be anyway.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Foggypebble Muircastle said:

Ah, so some region owners might consider the Kemono to be a child avatar? That would be a problem for me.

If it's moded into a tween/young teen.  If you are a rabbit, no.  Rabbits do not have a known age by their look.  One can either be a furry or a tween/young teen with the Kemono body.    However, furries are not allowed everywhere.  

I have anime stuff.  I use my anime stuff just for me or I could go to Raglan Shire where all avi's are welcome from dragon to Cinderella.  One can even be a box at Raglan Shire.  No one effing cares.  The only rule at Raglan Shire - just have bits covered whether humanimal or human.  

Edited by FairreLilette

I never heard anything about Kemono supposedly being 'controversial' by it self. Heck, there's no rules about not being allowed to be a teen avatar, or even a child avatar - as long as you do not put your avi in an adult-themed setting. I know a fair few people who use child avis in their day-to-day SL'ing. 

There's nothing 'controversial' about being a rabbit either. There may be people who get their knickers in a bunch about it, but honestly, that's their business, not yours.

Never did a rabbit avi per se .. But I have done .. Well, this ..

Bloody Bunny

Bunny

So fluffy! ^_^

10 hours ago, Sorciaa said:

There are other options for a rabbit avi if you are concerned with the kemono.

https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/w-Bunny-Soft-Silver/21665024 

I don't like how curvy she is, I want my rabbit to look like an anthro rabbit, not a person with ears. Also I searched and there didn't seem to be any clothes for it.

14 hours ago, Foggypebble Muircastle said:

I don't like how curvy she is, I want my rabbit to look like an anthro rabbit, not a person with ears. Also I searched and there didn't seem to be any clothes for it.

That's just a skin in that ad.  If you read, it works on the head you have and most mesh bodies.  All you need to do is edit the body you have too look more androgynous.  The feet in the add work with several bodies also.  You already have the bunny head so really, no need to go to the expense of another body.

Edited by Rowan Amore
  • Like 1

Because for some reason people think that "unless the boobs are big, it is a child", because people don't think flat/small chested people don't exist apparently.

I have the kemono avatar, I don't use it often, but I see lots of people use it. Unless someone goes out of their way to make it look like a child, I don't see it as a child.

Edited by Chaser Zaks
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

23 hours ago, Foggypebble Muircastle said:

You are going to be a rabbit, not an anime avatar. I don't think thats going to be a problem for you.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Foggypebble Muircastle said:

Um ....

Whisk (formerly Okaie) uses existing Mesh Bodies as their base so whatever clothing works for the mesh body should work for their mods.

Further, with the parts listed (among others) what you end up with is .... an Anthro Rabbit.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1098 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.