Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Cornyflowerz

Kemonos getting banned for "Ageplay"

Recommended Posts

I've heard of people recently getting banned for ageplay. When asking a friend about what happened, he mentioned a girl got reported by an angry user for ageplay, was banned, and was not allowed an appeal. Being that i'm less than a year new to second life, I want to know right from LL themselves what THEY consider ageplay. I'm very familiar with the wiki and the terms of service, but obviously all that went out the window when this one person was banned.

 

This is my avatar-http://gyazo.com/7eab2c5b8f661f986eb3a29c49851feb

Height is 5'6''
Head is M3 Anime
Body is Kemono with boy chest mod
Shirt is the Kemono boy shirt (with awesome Aquaman logo that I made)
Shorts are AP Kemono shorts

I purposely look this way in game because I feel it closely represents my IRL self. Fyi, I'm 24 years old irl, and so is my SL avatar.

IRL i am also 5'5''
I weigh 135 lbs (not muscular nor chubby)
Am 24 years old

Here is a picture of me - https://scontent-a-ord.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xap1/v/t1.0-9/10628425_700016610096410_1552088100630710079_n.jpg?oh=bccc960fc4ef428869aae867a9deee5b&oe=54AB74AF

So please, tell me in your honest opinion why people with this appearance or similar are getting banned for "ageplay." Do I, a 24 year old adult male appear childish in MY photo? Do I appear childish in game?

Aside from the childish stuff. The Kemono is an adult avatar. An ADULT avatar. It has genitals welded right into the mesh body itself. The breasts are small by default. To my understanding, the girl who got banned had a height no taller than my own, and was wearing some rather adult clothing (in an adult sim mind you). So, she got banned. I want to know if what I'm playing is "ilegal" in LL's eyes, as to my knowledge it isn't.

I am worried that LL is discriminating against shorter avatars, considering them childish simply because they are 8 or 10 feet tall. I also feel it's entirely unecesssary to have 800 abs just to feel like an adult male in LL's eyes. I have stopped wearing my Kemono avatar until this is cleared up out of fear that I too will be banned.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Here are some other pictures of my character next to other adult avatars wearing the kemono body.

http://gyazo.com/de2680ae69f56e5227547016cb94c542

http://gyazo.com/7d98076ad4900389928f3b5fa4ed6d65

http://gyazo.com/bfd0b9deac477b8d81f89f8dbcba3d50

http://gyazo.com/04ee2a1cbaf9e323621677cbed7aa3a2

 

So englighten me, do any of these avatars appear to be childish in the slightest bit? Hundreds of people walk around SL all the time with kemono bodies.. Should they all live in fear of being banned for ageplay if somebody makes a claim that they are? What are the differences in the characters i'm standing next to and mine that might lead LL to believe someone is an "ageplayer?"

Here's a picture of my avatar next to another person who uses the same anime head, but the avatar 2.0 body (and a giant height)

http://gyazo.com/722c40525349cd6ccf1786a34e81078b

Tell me, which of these two is more "childlike?" is it mine because I'm shorter? I've been teased all my life about being short by kids in school. I've grown to be proud of my height and learned to own it. Now I come to SL and am in fear that being my own height will get me banned because some feel my height isn't "adult enough." That's incredibly offensive to me and probably many others.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hello, first LL won´t reply on this forum. They hardly ever do.

We cannot provide advise only thoughts but the decision is in the hand of LL.

Did that happen on Adult Land ? If not you know why that avatar got banned.

The height "problem" in SL is known. You cannot use your real size simply because the starter Avatars are all giants and no one bothered the first few days. This way most everyone stayd with this huge Avatar.

Sorry that i cannot provide you with more help but that´s all you will get on the forums.

Monti

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yes, in an adult sim. She was wearing a Kemono avatar with adult kemono accessories. Her height was no taller than mine (5'5'' or so). She was not displaying any childlike actions (calling anyone mommy) and wasn't carrying around a teddy bear or sucking on a pacifier. Just a regular everyday Kemono.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My AV is 5-foot-even and I've had no problem with my presense on Adult sims.  That said, LL does have a shoot-first no-appeal approach to certain ARs.  I've seen people banned over completely made up accustations with the Lab providing no real explanation beyond their default termination form Email. (>_<)

Years ago my own account was banned for "Ageplay" while in an adult avatar, participating in a PG event, on a PG sim.  Gladly, at the time, I had enough contact to raise an appeal and get an apology.  But, that risk still stands.  Make enough enemies and someone likely still can be AR'd off the grid. (>_<)

That said, Kemono isn't even human, let alone child.  Roughly, "kemono" is Japanese for "furry".  I'm guessing that the ARs are comeing from someone with a lame vendetta against fur-types or simply a huge dislike for the people who are getting banned.  That's all kinds of messed up. (._.)

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The avatar does look child-like. Ageplay refers to a child and an adult avi engaging in sex activities. LL has a zero tolerance policy on ageplay because of the child porn laws in many countries. If you, or your friend if they come back on a new account, decide to go in that direction, I would suggest aging your avi so it looks more adult just to avoid even the appearance. I know it sucks, but LL doesn't want to get caught in the middle and then have a problem with prosecution for child pornography.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

When you say that they got banned, did they get banned from the SIM or are you talking about banned from SL?

Some SIM owners have stricter rules than LL which is their privilege.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


Monti Messmer wrote:

The height "problem" in SL is known. You cannot use your real size simply because the starter Avatars are all giants and no one bothered the first few days. This way most everyone stayd with this huge Avatar.

False. Don't confuse height with any of the rest of this. Wacko random paranoia doesn't help anyone.

Chances are whatever got the person banned, if anyone even was banned - was related to conduct they are not willing to admit to others.

It certainly was NOT based on height, or the other third of SL that is shorter than you would be long gone.

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 


Bobbie Faulds wrote:

The avatar does look child-like. Ageplay refers to a child and an adult avi engaging in sex activities. LL has a zero tolerance policy on ageplay because of the child porn laws in many countries. If you, or your friend if they come back on a new account, decide to go in that direction, I would suggest aging your avi so it looks more adult just to avoid even the appearance. I know it sucks, but LL doesn't want to get caught in the middle and then have a problem with prosecution for child pornography.


What about it looks childlike? It uses the default kemono body with the M3 anime head. Both are VERY popular among many adult players in adult sims.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


Pussycat Catnap wrote:


Monti Messmer wrote:

The height "problem" in SL is known. You cannot use your real size simply because the starter Avatars are all giants and no one bothered the first few days. This way most everyone stayd with this huge Avatar.

False. Don't confuse height with any of the rest of this. Wacko random paranoia doesn't help anyone.

Chances are whatever got the person banned, if anyone even was banned - was related to conduct they are not willing to admit to others.

It certainly was NOT based on height, or the other third of SL that is shorter than you would be long gone.

 

I know some SIMs like Hentai High have a height limit. They will not let you be under 5' even in order to cut down on ageplay avatars. This to me makes sense. However my main issue is that there is no "specified height" on SL. My avatar is 5'6'' and people still say it looks too childlike. So at what point do we draw the line? What is an acceptable height according to LL that does not consitute ageplay?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


Perrie Juran wrote:

When you say that they got banned, did they get banned from the SIM or are you talking about banned from SL?

Some SIM owners have stricter rules than LL which is their privilege.

From ALL of SL.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Its not about height...god damn it. Age play as absolutly NOTHING to do with the size of your avatar. Ageplay is an action, definied by LL basically as the act of participaiting in a sexual actions involving one avatar that looks like a minor. And please, please read! Others already said it: You do NOT know if anyone got banned from LL for ageplay. Because the only valid source would be LL themselves and they don't share that sort of information. So you don't know why the ban happened or if it happened at all.

 

 

However a sim owner may ban you for whatever reason. And seriously, if I had an adult club, you would be kicked out instantly by me and if I would see you with someone on sexposeballs, an AR would come your way...you just look like a child.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


Cornyflowerz wrote:


Perrie Juran wrote:

When you say that they got banned, did they get banned from the SIM or are you talking about banned from SL?

Some SIM owners have stricter rules than LL which is their privilege.

From ALL of SL.

I'll never say that no one has ever been banned from SL unjustly.

But in every incident I have personally dug into there was more going on than what the complainer initially said.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


Pussycat Catnap wrote:


Monti Messmer wrote:

The height "problem" in SL is known. You cannot use your real size simply because the starter Avatars are all giants and no one bothered the first few days. This way most everyone stayd with this huge Avatar.

False. Don't confuse height with any of the rest of this. Wacko random paranoia doesn't help anyone.

Chances are whatever got the person banned, if anyone even was banned - was related to conduct they are not willing to admit to others.

It certainly was NOT based on height, or the other third of SL that is shorter than you would be long gone.

 

You can't know that it was "certainly NOT" based on height. When I first made my avatar, I wanted to make it as close as the real me as possible. That included being rather short (between 5ft. 4" and 5ft. 5"), wide hips and large breasts. Even with that height, there was no way I could have looked childish. However, on a Moderate sim, where no sexual activities could ever happen, and where clothing was always kind of conservative, I was ordered (not suggested, not recommended) to increase my height to at least 80% of the total, taller than Yao Ming even. I was told that some of the children in the sim were of my previous height, so they didn't want to have any confusions if I was going to play an adult.

So, sure, I could have just said no... but I could have been reported. For what? I don't know. The OP says that the person banned wasn't playing a child and that the sim was adult. He doesn't claim that LL banned her account because she was short; she was reported by someone because, to that someone, she could have looked childish. That may only teach us that there are judgmental people everywhere.

I also need to point out that there are, in inworld stores and in the Marketplace, highly sexualized outfits that include piggy tails, teddy bears, even pacifiers. Sometimes, the avatars chosen to portray these products on the advertisement pictures may look at least ambiguously childish or early teen. If some people will get a knee-jerk reaction to an adult Kemono in an adult sim looking too ambigous in their age, these outfits I mentioned should definitely not be allowed. Just saying.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


arualblues wrote:


Pussycat Catnap wrote:


Monti Messmer wrote:

The height "problem" in SL is known. You cannot use your real size simply because the starter Avatars are all giants and no one bothered the first few days. This way most everyone stayd with this huge Avatar.

False. Don't confuse height with any of the rest of this. Wacko random paranoia doesn't help anyone.

Chances are whatever got the person banned, if anyone even was banned - was related to conduct they are not willing to admit to others.

It certainly was NOT based on height, or the other third of SL that is shorter than you would be long gone.

 

You can't know that it was "certainly NOT" based on height.

I think I can.

Without proof at least.

Give me the text of the ban from Second Life, written by a Linden Lab employee; that says "you were banned for height".

THAT HAS NEVER BEEN SHOWN TO BE THE CASE.

And there are a LOT of normal height and even smaller avatars in SL.

Your paranoia has never been proven.

 

PROVE IT

Or stop spreading it.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


Cornyflowerz wrote:


Pussycat Catnap wrote:


Monti Messmer wrote:

The height "problem" in SL is known. You cannot use your real size simply because the starter Avatars are all giants and no one bothered the first few days. This way most everyone stayd with this huge Avatar.

False. Don't confuse height with any of the rest of this. Wacko random paranoia doesn't help anyone.

Chances are whatever got the person banned, if anyone even was banned - was related to conduct they are not willing to admit to others.

It certainly was NOT based on height, or the other third of SL that is shorter than you would be long gone.

 

I know some SIMs like Hentai High have a height limit.

/epicfail.

Sim Owners != Linden Labs.

Sim Owners can even ban Lindens... (though if the linden goes into admin mode it probably won't work...)

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Your avatar appears, at a rough estimate, about six-and-a-half heads tall. That's typical for someone under ten years old. I tried to take account of the bouffant hair style but six-and-a-half is as close as I could get. Even allowing seven heads tall would still suggest more of a tween than a young adult*. In addition, your shoulders appear less than two 'heads' wide (this is harder to judge, because of the pose, but it is all about appearence). That's also what you might expect to see on someone younger. Finally, while it is typical of an animé character, large eyes and a small mouth do everything to add to a younger look. 

Regarding the person who was banned: you don't know the whole story, the Lindens do. I'm not saying they never make mistakes, but they have access to chat and IM logs. You don't know what evidence they used to judge her nor the reason she was banned.

 

*Yes, there may well be RL people who are 7 or fewer heads tall as adults, but they are atypical. The overall impression is this avatar gives is childlike for that and a combination of reasons.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm not making any claims to the original story. I don't KNOW if LL banned for age, height, or whatever. All I know is someone got "reported" for Ageplay when wearing a Kemono avatar with adult Kemono gear, and was banned. I don't KNOW the reason why she was banned. I asked if she was my avatars height and the person said yes, which leads to my dilema.

If LL says an avatar needs to have a certain sized "head" to not look childish, then let LL specify it. The Kemono avatar by default is 6.11 feet tall, and has the body in the screenshots you see above. It also has a **bleep**, making it an adult avatar. It's obviously being sold on the marketplace with LL knowing about it, so why would they ban someone just for wearing it in an adult sim? 

I'm afraid to wear my Kemono now. I fear that since i'm male, LL demands i look like a musclebound giant, rather than a skinny/short person. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


Cornyflowerz wrote:

I'm not making any claims to the original story. I don't KNOW if LL banned for age, height, or whatever. All I know is someone got "reported" for Ageplay when wearing a Kemono avatar with adult Kemono gear, and was banned. I don't KNOW the reason why she was banned. I asked if she was my avatars height and the person said yes, which leads to my dilema.

If LL says an avatar needs to have a certain sized "head" to not look childish, then let LL specify it. The Kemono avatar by default is 6.11 feet tall, and has the body in the screenshots you see above. It also has a **bleep**, making it an adult avatar. It's obviously being sold on the marketplace with LL knowing about it, so why would they ban someone just for wearing it in an adult sim? 

I'm afraid to wear my Kemono now. I fear that since i'm male, LL demands i look like a musclebound giant, rather than a skinny/short person. 

You asked what made it look like a child av and I told you. LL don't make any such specifications; they are long-standing and accepted artistic conventions on normal human proportions. If you want to kick off because you can't accept that, that's your right.

You might also notice that I didn't mention your height when I expressed my opinion on your avatar, only its proportions. My av is about 5'6" tall too, but in my eight years of SL I've had very few comments about my height and no ARs (at least, none that ever reached me). I DJ twice a week on an Adult sim and attend two or three events a week at the same location. It may be that a female avatar is easier to recognise as adult or not despite height.

As to LL knowing about the avatar because it is on MP... not necessarily. I don't believe that LL inspect every product that's posted. If someone were to complain about the avatar (and in this case, the avatar placement on MP, not AR someone wearing it in SL), they might look into things closer and decide whether it's appropriate or not. The Kemono av as sold is rated General, existence of any *bleep* notwithstanding. 

Back to LL banning someone for wearing the female Kemono in an Adult sim: that was my point about your not knowing the reason for the ban. You continue to insist it was for wearing the av, but they might have been reported (and banned) for a totally different reason. Neither of us knows. Wearing the av might have been the reason. It might have been totally coincidental, or it might have raised suspicions which were confirmed by checking other evidence.

So, should you be concerned about wearing YOUR version of the avatar? I'd say you are fine wearing it anywhere that doesn't involve sexual activity (NB: that can still be in Adult-rated areas, just not involved in or in proximity to sexual activity or "sexualized graphics, objects, or scripts"). I'd treat it as an underage avatar because of its proportions and overall appearence. But in the end, you don't have to impress me. 


"
If you are in doubt as to whether an activity may be interpreted as ageplay, we request you err on the side of caution and desist."

Linden Lab Official:Clarification of policy disallowing ageplay


eta: They should really refer to it as sexual ageplay. Just playing as other than one's natural age should not be condemned.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


Monti Messmer wrote:

 

You cannot use your real size simply because the starter Avatars are all giants and no one bothered the first few days.

Rubbish. Of course we can use any size of avatars, small, real life size or giant. The size of an avatar does not define is it a child avatar or an adult avatar.

Some people just are paranoid about age play and they have chosen that height is one major factor how they determine is an avatar a child or an adult. Most likely they have not read the TOS properly; or if they have, they have not understood what the TOS says about age play. So they want to play "safe" (in their misconceived thinking) and set some arbitrary height limit to determine age. Which is totally silly thing to do. As we can see from these real life photos:

RL_tall-and-short-samples.jpg

There are very tall and very small people above. However, none of them looks like a child, everybody can clearly see that every single one is definitely an adult. So the size of person (alone) does not define person's age in real life. It's the general looks - does it look like child or does it look like an adult. The same naturally applies to Second Life.

 

• If the avatar looks and acts like a child, it is child avatar

• If the avatar looks and acts like an adult, it is adult avatar

Even though there are lots giant avatars in SL, it does not mean that small avatars automatically should be classified as child avatars. The defining factors are the general looks and behaviour of an avatar, not the size.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


Cornyflowerz wrote:

I'm not making any claims to the original story. I don't KNOW if LL banned for age, height, or whatever. All I know is someone got "reported" for Ageplay when wearing a Kemono avatar with adult Kemono gear, and was banned. I don't KNOW the reason why she was banned. I asked if she was my avatars height and the person said yes, which leads to my dilema.

 

 

Actually, you don't KNOW if anyone got banned at all. In your OP you said you were told by someone you know that someone else was reported for ageplay (by, of course, another 'someone else') because she was wearing a Kemono avatar and subsequently banned from SL by Linden Lab.

In short, an absolute mountain of completely non-verifiable hearsay. So it's a non-starter for me.

That being said, your avatar looks like a boy less than ten years old. You can expect trouble if you are doing sexual activities. Doesn't matter what you think. You look like a little kid. Don't bother wailing that the only other option is musclebound giant because that's a load of BS.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


Coby Foden wrote:

• If the avatar looks and acts like a child, it is child avatar

• If the avatar looks and acts like an adult, it is adult avatar


Yep.

I was going to say that I'm bothered by avatars (whether SL or RL) that look like an adult and act like a child. But I do that, so that's not what I mean. You know what I mean.

;-).

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


Coby Foden wrote:


Monti Messmer wrote:

 

You cannot use your real size simply because the starter Avatars are all giants and no one bothered the first few days.

Rubbish. Of course we can use any size of avatars, small, real life size or giant. The size of an avatar does not define is it a child avatar or an adult avatar.

Some people just are paranoid about age play and they have chosen that height is one major factor how they determine is an avatar a child or an adult. Most likely they have not read the TOS properly; or if they have, they have not understood what the TOS says about age play. So they want to play "safe" (in their misconceived thinking) and set some arbitrary height limit to determine age. Which is totally silly thing to do. As we can see from these real life photos:

RL_tall-and-short-samples.jpg

There are very tall and very small people above. However, none of them looks like a child, everybody can clearly see that every single one is definitely an adult. So the size of person (alone) does not define person's age in real life. It's the general looks - does it look like child or does it look like an adult. The same naturally applies to Second Life.

 

• If the avatar looks and acts like a child, it is child avatar

• If the avatar looks and acts like an adult, it is adult avatar

Even though there are lots giant avatars in SL, it does not mean that small avatars automatically should be classified as child avatars. The defining factors are the general looks and behaviour of an avatar, not the size.

Tell me in your honest opinion if making my avatar taller, and making the shoulderspan wider has "aged" in in any way.

http://i.gyazo.com/94ce2c15d52ac3399bf2946530ac23d1.png

http://gyazo.com/bc4da2b55783565f6d7c3eeef82e8ea2

 

To me, it hasn't really. It seems to be a combination of all things. For one, mainly the anime head appears youthful and boyish. or feminine. Due to this, people are assuming younger or "underage." The fact of the matter is that the M3 anime head is not a child head, and many male anime characters walk around using it everday. It' seems to be onyl when it's used on a shorter MALE  avatar that people start saying it looks "childlike." 

I think it's a matter of the combination of things. The anime head alone, not childish. Kemono body alone, not childish. Short height alone, again not childish... but combine them all together and BAM, you are now childish. I suppose all I can do as a short male IS "play it safe" and not wear my kemono body or anime head. I don't want people to think I look childlike.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Here is LL's official policy about ageplay.  You note that it specifically says "Merely having a childlike avatar does not violate this policy. It is not our intent to banish childlike avatars in and of themselves."  So having a child like avatar is not a problem.  The problem comes when there is sex or lewd conduct involving children or a child like avatar. 

You can't go by what someone says is a reason someone is banned.  Unless they were the one that reported it and gave evidence, its just hearsay.  If indeed this person was banned for ageplay then she was involved in a sexual or lewd act while portraying a minor.   LL doesn't take the reporter's word for this, they have access to what was being said in public chat or in IM.  So I seriously doubt that she was banned just for not being tall enough or looking like a child in someone's eyes.  There is also the possibility she is a minor in RL and if she were on an adult sim she would have had to lie about her date of birth when she registered.  RL minors who are caught outside the G rated sims are generally banned, even if they were not involved in age play. due to lying about their age. 

As far as your avatar, the presence of a **bleep** is no indicator of age, because last that I knew all males have them regardless of age.  It's a moot point anyway as how is anyone to know that you have one unless your naked? 

 

 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


Cornyflowerz wrote:


Coby Foden wrote:


Monti Messmer wrote:

 

You cannot use your real size simply because the starter Avatars are all giants and no one bothered the first few days.

Rubbish. Of course we can use any size of avatars, small, real life size or giant. The size of an avatar does not define is it a child avatar or an adult avatar.

Some people just are paranoid about age play and they have chosen that height is one major factor how they determine is an avatar a child or an adult. Most likely they have not read the TOS properly; or if they have, they have not understood what the TOS says about age play. So they want to play "safe" (in their misconceived thinking) and set some arbitrary height limit to determine age. Which is totally silly thing to do. As we can see from these real life photos:

RL_tall-and-short-samples.jpg

There are very tall and very small people above. However, none of them looks like a child, everybody can clearly see that every single one is definitely an adult. So the size of person (alone) does not define person's age in real life. It's the general looks - does it look like child or does it look like an adult. The same naturally applies to Second Life.

 

• If the avatar looks and acts like a child, it is child avatar

• If the avatar looks and acts like an adult, it is adult avatar

Even though there are lots giant avatars in SL, it does not mean that small avatars automatically should be classified as child avatars. The defining factors are the general looks and behaviour of an avatar, not the size.

Tell me in your honest opinion if making my avatar taller, and making the shoulderspan wider has "aged" in in any way.

 

To me, it hasn't really. It seems to be a combination of all things. For one, mainly the anime head appears youthful and boyish. or feminine. Due to this, people are assuming younger or "underage." The fact of the matter is that the M3 anime head is not a child head, and many male anime characters walk around using it everday. It' seems to be onyl when it's used on a shorter MALE  avatar that people start saying it looks "childlike." 

I think it's a matter of the combination of things. The anime head alone, not childish. Kemono body alone, not childish. Short height alone, again not childish... but combine them all together and BAM, you are now childish. I suppose all I can do as a short male IS "play it safe" and not wear my kemono body or anime head. I don't want people to think I look childlike.

I'm sorry but you STILL look like a child. It's the thinness of the body combined with the face. If you showed up at my club looking the way you do, I would not hesitate to boot you and ban you from my land and club. IF you want to continue to look this way, my advice would be to stay away from any adult activities. Just my 2 lindens worth.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...