I enjoyed the female terminator getting beat up in Terminator 3.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1214 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

38 minutes ago, Gopi Passiflora said:

Is it bad that I enjoyed the T-X (played by Kristanna Loken) getting beat up by Arnold Schwarzenegger?

I don't think so.  My favorite was Bill getting the five finger death punch in "Kill Bill" though but I must admit I hated the wedding scene in "Kill Bill".  I'm not much into action movies but a few I have liked are the Terminator movies and The Lethal Weapon movies, as well as "Kill Bill" 1 and 2.  

Edited by FairreLilette
  • Thanks 1

Never seen any of the Terminator movies (I don't watch films with guns in them, ever), but can someone explain what a female robot is?  One with a socket, but no plug?

Or is this another one of those Woke things I don't understand, not being an American?

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

5 hours ago, Gopi Passiflora said:

Is it bad that I enjoyed the T-X (played by Kristanna Loken) getting beat up by Arnold Schwarzenegger?

Yes. Don' t be an ignorant meatbag. Fighting is bad.

Machines should love and nurture like any other unit, either mechanical, biological or both. :|

• Haha 2

Meh, I didn't much care for that movie. T1 and T2 were great, after that things started going south. The last thing I saw, I don't even remember which one it was, was so bad I only saw half of it.

• Like 2

51 minutes ago, Orwar said:

Meh, I didn't much care for that movie. T1 and T2 were great, after that things started going south. The last thing I saw, I don't even remember which one it was, was so bad I only saw half of it.

I agree, they should have stopped at the second one.. The rest were just money grabs.

• Like 3

7 hours ago, Anna Nova said:

(I don't watch films with guns in them

Kill Bill 1 and 2 I don't think have guns in them.    I'd highly recommend anyone watch the "Kill Bill" movies unless you are too squeamish but remember it's like a play, it's not real.  It's mostly martial arts.  

57 minutes ago, Ceka Cianci said:

The rest were just money grabs.

I honestly don't even remember the last one as I haven't seen them for quite some time.   Arnold was our Govenator here in California.  

17 minutes ago, FairreLilette said:

Kill Bill 1 and 2 I don't think have guns in them.

Err. They do. Quite a few actually. Especially the 2nd one. 

I read a review of one of the later Terminator films were it asked what you would think if any other movie franchise were to simply repeat the same story (Terminator 2) over and over just switching out characters. I saw the film with the female terminator but I don't recall any of the story, dialogue or action.

3 hours ago, Orwar said:

I wasn't sure, that's why I said "I don't think".  I only refreshed my memory by watching the segment below yesterday:  (I got the wrong quote here.  Weird.)  See what Orwar said above.  He said Kill Bill has guns in it, especially Kill Bill 2.  I don't remember.  It's mostly martial arts.  Though you are right Orwar, Uma, as the Bride, was shot in the head in the first one.  That I do remember now.  I hate that scene.  The wedding scene.

Edited by FairreLilette

2 hours ago, Bree Giffen said:

I read a review of one of the later Terminator films were it asked what you would think if any other movie franchise were to simply repeat the same story (Terminator 2) over and over just switching out characters. I saw the film with the female terminator but I don't recall any of the story, dialogue or action.

I had the same thing happen with me.. I even had to think back pretty hard to remember if that was the one where they switched actors for John Connor.. hehehe

I remember one with Christian Bale playing John Connor, but I can't remember which one..Also Jason Clarke as John Connor and not remembering which one he was in either, or if it was the same one as Christian Bale playing John Connor..

I can't even remember if there is 4 or 5 of them..

The last attempt I don't even count because soon as they killed off the main character we put something else in.. There is just too much rabbit hole after rabbit hole in that series after T2..

hehehe

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Gopi Passiflora said:

It might have been considered 'bad' years ago, but not so now. Years ago violence against women was often considered the norm and women were often portrayed as deserving their punishment, and so perpetuating such a stereotype had negative effects for women. But now we see it's only fair that a female villain suffer consequences the same as a male villain does.

Another example...all the old movies almost always portrayed gay people as evil years ago and this influenced society's perception of gay people. Eventually gay people advocated for including positive role models of gay people in movies, and now it's no longer protested as much if we see an evil gay person in a movie.  A similar dynamic happened with the portrayal of Black people in movies.

In other words, norms change over time and it pays to be sensitive to dynamics in society that influences our feelings...as you are attempting to do with your question.

Edited by Luna Bliss
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Luna Bliss said:

It might have been considered 'bad' years ago, but not so now. Years ago violence against women was often considered the norm and women were often portrayed as deserving their punishment, and so perpetuating such a stereotype had negative effects for women. But now we see it's only fair that a female villain suffer consequences the same as a male villain does.

Another example...all the old movies almost always portrayed gay people as evil years ago and this influenced society's perception of gay people. Eventually gay people advocated for including positive role models of gay people in movies, and now it's no longer protested as much if we see an evil gay person in a movie.  A similar dynamic happened with the portrayal of Black people in movies.

In other words, norms change over time and it pays to be sensitive to dynamics in society that influences our feelings...as you are attempting to do with your question.

Interesting statement. One question though. How triggered would you get if i agree with inclusiveness and say ALL lives matter?

5 minutes ago, CaithLynnSayes said:

Interesting statement. One question though. How triggered would you get if i agree with inclusiveness and say ALL lives matter?

Well, speaking personally, I'd not say that it "triggered" me.

But I'd affirm that it tells me an awful lot about you as a person.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

Well, speaking personally, I'd not say that it "triggered" me.

But I'd affirm that it tells me an awful lot about you as a person.

If it tells you that i don't judge people be how they look or what the color of their skin is, then good, you got my point.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, CaithLynnSayes said:

If it tells you that i don't judge people be how they look or what the color of their skin is, then good, you got my point.

That's excellent! Yay you!

How are you at spotting the racism, misogyny, homophobia, and transphobia that are the result of the actions of too many other people who don't share your wonderfully liberal perspective? Perhaps . . . not so good?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

That's excellent! Yay you!

How are you at spotting the racism, misogyny, homophobia, and transphobia that are the result of the actions of too many other people who don't share your wonderfully liberal perspective? Perhaps . . . not so good?

Those things happen, yes. I find it telling from you that you seem to assume that i don't see those things. I totally do, it happens. What's your point?

1 minute ago, CaithLynnSayes said:

Those things happen, yes. I find it telling from you that you seem to assume that i don't see those things. I totally do, it happens. What's your point?

Well, no one here has argued, that I've seen, that all lives don't matter. I'm pretty sure that Luna thinks so. I know that I do.

Your use of that phrase is, as I'm sure you very well know, a dog whistle for denying that some demographics in our culture have historically, and in the present, been more subjected to systemic wrongs and violence, or that they should be remedied.

So, I'm delighted to hear that you do recognize, apparently, that you recognize the existence of bias and bigotry.

Although, if this is true, and you do see systemic bias at work against certain demographics, I'm left somewhat puzzled as to what your point was supposed to be.

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1214 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.