Stilt Home Decorating - Show us your style

Chic Aeon
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 486 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

As I mentioned in another thread, I was very keen to get a west-facing pier parcel, but after a few disappointing results I decided to click on OW instead. Wound up with a west-facing parcel right next to a lush Mole island. No, it doesn't have an unobstructed view of the water, but I love it. Here are pictures of the exterior, kitchen and living room area to start with. 

stiltA22.jpg

stiltB23.jpg

stiltC21.jpg

stiltD01.jpg

stiltE02.jpg

stiltF19.jpg

stiltG24.jpg

• Like 30

On 1/4/2021 at 1:37 PM, Syo Emerald said:

Would some of you mind sharing where you buy your outdoor plants from?

Syo, I got mine at LOVE. It is a whole set, and it includes a wide variety; most of the plants/flowers work great, although a couple of them just start breaking when looking from some distance.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

75bda44674505dd0cab0cd164fbcdb1c.thumb.jpg.f972c2ea383c3a83eebee24fecd7c009.jpg

I often find that SL is a little too squeaky clean, and especially around water things tend to get beat up fast. I made this stilt a pub for boat captains and it has all the grime to go along with it. Even built the screened front porch to go on it and gave it away to many in the Belli Citizens group. 

aa6726052293c2557363ba04b4ef5601 (1).jpg

78617a32822302097c03cb510af37d3e (4).jpg

da74784a34f5888f88d005b0ada739dd.jpg

Edited by Achilles Audion
Adding images
  • Like 29

Does anyone know of a vendor who sells palm trees like the ones LL uses in the Stilt regions, inworld or on the MP?  I feel as if I have looked at a million palm trees in the past two days but not seen much that would blend in.  I did find this lovely (2 LI) animated coconut palm at Hayabusa but not much else.  So many are 8 to 9 LI, even at that store.

palm 2_001.jpg

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, Leora Greenwood said:

Does anyone know of a vendor who sells palm trees like the ones LL uses in the Stilt regions, inworld or on the MP?  I feel as if I have looked at a million palm trees in the past two days but not seen much that would blend in.  I did find this lovely (2 LI) animated coconut palm at Hayabusa but not much else.  So many are 8 to 9 LI, even at that store.

Chic had mentioned some palms by fundati.

Definitely check OPQ, as she does have lots of low LI with good LOD stuff.

Take a peek at Reid Parkin -- It has been a while since I've been there, so I don't remember what his palms are like, but I do have quite a bit of his other landscaping stuff.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

7 hours ago, Leora Greenwood said:

Check Fundati and LOVE. Animated palm trees around 2-4LI

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

12 hours ago, Leora Greenwood said:

Does anyone know of a vendor who sells palm trees like the ones LL uses in the Stilt regions, inworld or on the MP?  I feel as if I have looked at a million palm trees in the past two days but not seen much that would blend in.

My favorite palm trees are from 3D Trees, at 2LI each. They're a little greener than the Linden ones, but I've seen them all over the stilts regions:

https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/Palm-trees-COPY-MODIFY/4861431 (copy/mod)
https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/Palm-trees-MODIFY-TRANSFER/4861440 (mod/trans)

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, Claire Atheria said:

My favorite palm trees are from 3D Trees, at 2LI each. They're a little greener than the Linden ones, but I've seen them all over the stilts regions:

https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/Palm-trees-COPY-MODIFY/4861431 (copy/mod)
https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/Palm-trees-MODIFY-TRANSFER/4861440 (mod/trans)

They are nice, though they are sculpts and not mesh, if that matters to you.  

• Like 5

I'm so impressed with these shares today! 

@Loretta String omg♥♥ for everything you do!

@Frigga Freidman you may find me circling your place for ages, don't panic... I'm slow at making notes and shopping lists 😉 

@Achilles Audion I will def be stopping for petrol... and visiting that bar! 

@Layna Chrome  That sofa is perfect, perfect ♥♥

Thank you to all who have posted ♥ I'm sorry I've not taken time to respond and go through them all on my pc.  I do look every morning while on my iPad but not usually logged in to Forum (too lazy to go down to my office and pc and lookup my login info) Every morning, you all make my day start with a plethora of ideas and excitement ♥♥ 

‼‼•\☻/•╠╣μgz ♥Åℓℓ♥ Åгσμηd•\☻/•‼‼ 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 2

On 1/11/2021 at 12:36 PM, Leora Greenwood said:

palm 2_001.jpg

I came across these adorable palms from Tarte. They have a lower land impact option with them, so even resized quite big they are only 2L and with lights on/off option and four leaf colour options. For me these have been the closest colour wise and quality wise that I am so happy with. I even modified them and just kept the palm front part to use as a bush at just 1 LI each.

CoronaAntigua1.jpg

CoronaAntigua2.jpg

• Like 13
  • Thanks 6

34 minutes ago, Serendipity Nova said:

I came across these adorable palms from Tarte. They have a lower land impact option with them, so even resized quite big they are only 2L and with lights on/off option and four leaf colour options.

I knew that tarte had some palm trees, but I was so sure they're heavy on LI. Thanks for the info! 😊

• Like 5

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 486 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.