Stilt Home Decorating - Show us your style

Chic Aeon
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 484 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I can't decide on which house to use. This one is the Tortuga. Even though it's one level, it's really big and open. I struggled a bit on how to furnish the large great room. I like how it turned out after starting over 3 or 4 times.🙂

The living room kitchen area. I didn't end up buying the Trompe kitchen and chose to use one I had and build the top from pieces of the island and pendant lights I had. 

tortuga-5.png

tortuga-6.png

Edited by Mercedes Avon
typos
  • Like 25

I added walls and doorways to the other side because it was way too large for a bedroom for my personal taste. It now has three rooms on that side. I made one a game room and the other a bedroom and the third a bathroom (which I have no finished with yet).

tortuga-3.png

tortuga-4.png

Edited by Mercedes Avon
  • Like 22

4 hours ago, Mercedes Avon said:

I added walls and doorways to the other side because it was way too large for a bedroom for my personal taste. It now has three rooms on that side. I made one a game room and the other a bedroom and the third a bathroom (which I have no finished with yet).

tortuga-3.png

tortuga-4.png

Wow! You should sell those walls as an add-on. Makes the Tortuga look more cozy, I really like it. :) 
Also, may I ask where your curtains are from? 

• Like 9

I am not working fast because I change my mind all the time, about what house to set up.

This thread does not make it easier, because I see what others have done and want to change to their look, lol. I first put up Santiago but changed my mind.... still not sure if I go back to it, and then maybe Tortuga is even better in some stylings here... But today I had this look from the outside.

corsa_002ed.jpg

Edited by Marianne Little
Replaced image bc I made one I like better
  • Like 17

6 hours ago, Mercedes Avon said:

I can't decide on which house to use. This one is the Tortuga. Even though it's one level, it's really big and open. I struggled a bit on how to furnish the large great room. I like how it turned out after starting over 3 or 4 times.🙂

The living room kitchen area. I didn't end up buying the Trompe kitchen and chose to use one I had and build the top from pieces of the island and pendant lights I had. 

tortuga-5.png

tortuga-6.png

6 hours ago, Mercedes Avon said:

tortuga-4.png

I am going to be studying what you have done here and my alt will be flying around checking on other Tortugas today.  That main room is a challenge and you are doing way better than I am!  Your home is gorgeous!  I spent ages rearranging my kitchen area and at least an hour last night working on an insert for that large doorway into the smaller room and am barely satisfied with it now.  I LOVE your interior walls and also wonder if you would ever sell them (hope so!)

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Loretta String said:

After getting a nice spot in Albacore, I discovered that I love the Stilts more than all other types of LH.

I decided to go with the Havana, as I am not a lover of big homes and I didn't regret it :)

Albacore FB 1.jpg

Albacore FB 2.jpg

Albacore FB 10.jpg

Albacore FB 9.jpg

Albacore FB 8.jpg

Albacore FB 7.jpg

Albacore FB 6.jpg

Albacore FB 5.jpg

I am falling in love with the Stilts as well!  You are a fabulous decorator and I love seeing all the great photos!

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, Nando Yip said:

If anyone wants to see fabulous decorations just look at the photos on that topic, there are designers with ideas that make anyone want a stilt. As I expected this turns out to be one of the best in Bellisseria. Congratulations to all these creative people.

I agree. And the and touches of decor and plants etc. I've seen around people's homes really is making the regions look even nicer and really bringing them to life. I love it:)

• Like 7

2 minutes ago, Leora Jacobus said:

Wonder why you had to add a bit of SAND ...

there is sand in abundance under every OL-Stilt I've seen so far! ;)

It is a Pier house. And I do not change house now. It is also one of the few with open water view.

Edit: But thank you for the compliment, I wanted it to look like default sand and it does, does it not?

Edited by Marianne Little
  • Like 8

I am inspired by this entire thread, Bravo!!  and also have some questions lol. And want an alligator!!

Mercedes Avon, I hope you put a wall with doorways or two for the Tortuga on Marketplace? and maybe those cool beams?

Elora/Blush and others: are the tinted and stained glass windows a prim you made yourself, and if so are there any tricks to blending a textured prim onto a glass window with alphas?  (never done this, just fishing for info lol)  Or is there a Marketplace window texture that can be modified?  Just looking for suggestions :)

Marianne Little I love your sand island for the alligator!  Did you use a mole terrain texture or another sand?

Finally...can anyone tell me how to tag people in these forum threads lol is it putting @ in front of their forum name?

Edited by Malayaa
add alligator
  • Like 6

13 minutes ago, Marianne Little said:

It is a Pier house. And I do not change house now. It is also one of the few with open water view.

Edit: But thank you for the compliment, I wanted it to look like default sand and it does, does it not?

It looks very nice and natural !!

My alt already abandoned a nice house due to a neighbour who was adamant that a snowy Stilt Home on water and snowy piers  should not bother me. All I had to do was to look away..... :)

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 4
  • Sad 2

6 minutes ago, Malayaa said:

I am inspired by this entire thread, Bravo!!  and also have some questions lol.

Mercedes Avon, I hope you put a wall with doorways or two for the Tortuga on Marketplace? and maybe those cool beams?

Elora/Blush and others: are the tinted and stained glass windows a prim you made yourself, and if so are there any tricks to blending a textured prim onto a glass window with alphas?  (never done this, just fishing for info lol)  Or is there a Marketplace window texture that can be modified?  Just looking for suggestions :)

Marianne Little I love your sand island for the alligator!  Did you use a mole terrain texture or another sand?

Finally...can anyone tell me how to tag people in these forum threads lol is it putting @ in front of their forum name?

For my stained glass, I used (Luc) Bloom Stained Glass, Cream.

I have it in pink too but this color scheme went better with the home.

It's a textured prim with transparency set at 40 and full bright on.  Copy/mod so you can stretch to fit. It's a little tricky getting it positioned perfectly so it doesn't appear to be floating on the Linden glass but can be done without too much fiddling around.

Edited by Elora Lunasea
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 6

23 minutes ago, Loretta String said:

Parece muito bom e natural !!

Meu alt já abandonou uma bela casa por causa de um vizinho que era inflexível que uma casa de palafitas nevada sobre água e cais nevados não deveria me incomodar. Tudo que eu tive que fazer foi desviar o olhar ...:)

... sorry I had to laugh when I imagined this icy terrain in the tropics.🤣

• Haha 6

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 484 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.