Stilt Home Decorating - Show us your style

Chic Aeon
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 478 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Just started to work on my OL- Stilt but first thing I did is to go to the inworld shop of @Blush Bravinand get me for 200L$ her addon that gives you a Garage / shed / cellar plus a stairway from the back porch of the Santiago and all for 29 LI. I do hate the empty room under OL Stilts.

I did not want to waste much LI on furnishing it though but to not let it look empty I found a DEKO - Car only 4 LI and 10 L$ for a used Pickup Car. Then I added the group of seven palmtrees with only L 2 @Claireschen Hestenshowed us HERE

grafik.thumb.png.d7310f52e31caf254e62f30e5e8fcd0c.png

Well still a LONG way to go!!

• Like 17
  • Thanks 2

the suggestive name of the current version of the standard SL viewer

Maintenance Cachaça

Cachaça (Portuguese pronunciation: [kaˈʃasɐ]) is a distilled spirit made from fermented sugarcane juice. Also known as aguardente, pinga, caninha, Marvada and other names, it is the most popular spirit among distilled alcoholic beverages in Brazil. Outside Brazil, cachaça is used almost exclusively as an ingredient in tropical drinks, with the caipirinha being the most famous cocktail.

DEZ-2020-ny_133.thumb.jpg.d68d92eede8956911a9f30194c89f8ad.jpg

• Like 20
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Malayaa said:

Marianne Little I love your sand island for the alligator!  Did you use a mole terrain texture or another sand?

Yes, it is Bellisseria textures in the Stilt homes content creation pack! We must convince @Patch Lindenand @Abnor Moleto add them in all theme packs. After applying the texture, it is just to make sure it is looking okay in repeats as the "default" sand. I see sand pop up everywhere under the OW houses. I think I made the sand look not too bad while others... I hope it is a work in progress. Every OW is turned into an island?

You can see better in the picture from the other direction, that the sand does not take over the whole plot between the poles. Just a little bit poking out, and reeds giving it a wild look. Maybe I add some more water plants.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

4 hours ago, Syo Emerald said:

I'm not finished with it yet (need more plants and garden decor) but so far, this is the concept I'm going with at my Tortuga. I made the lower area into an artificial garden.

Snapshot_025.png

Fabulous garden, have you added some green ground prim, or was your ground this green? If I should have an OL house, I would dream about one on raised ground, so I could do a thing like this.

Edited by Marianne Little
typo
  • Like 4

5 hours ago, Loretta String said:

It looks very nice and natural !!

My alt already abandoned a nice house due to a neighbour who was adamant that a snowy Stilt Home on water and snowy piers  should not bother me. All I had to do was to look away..... :)

From tropic to arctic? I only wait for the first green textured 32m x 32 m cube under the houses. OW and OL, the same.

• Haha 2

5 minutes ago, Marianne Little said:

Fabulous garden, have you added some green ground prim, or was your ground this green? If I should have an OL house, I would dream about one on raised ground, so I could do a thing like this.

Thank you! It is a prim, because this is not even the ground. The Tortuga has two platforms outside and this is one of them. I just put the gras prim on top of the wood floor.

Snapshot_026.png

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, Marianne Little said:

Yes, it is Bellisseria textures in the Stilt homes content creation pack! We must convince @Patch Lindenand @Abnor Moleto add them in all theme packs.

The last Content pack that I grabbed on a Traditional a couple of weeks ago has a "Linden Homes Bellisseria Terrain Textures" package in it.  It contains this:

image.png.e53590f2794e84339c1d947775584971.png

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

3 hours ago, Marianne Little said:

Bellisseria textures in the Stilt homes content creation pack! We must convince @Patch Lindenand @Abnor Moleto add them in all theme packs

They need to add the dingy white woodwork to the textures made myself divider wall not as good as ones in other people's pics and had to use the white woodwork 

• Like 4

13 minutes ago, Claireschen Hesten said:

They need to add the dingy white woodwork to the textures made myself divider wall not as good as ones in other people's pics and had to use the white woodwork 

If you mean something like this below I am pretty sure that is a baked texture made in Substance Painter or similar software -- so not a tiling texture.  Might be wrong there but I don't see any other way for "the look".   

There are lots of free seamless dingy wood textures on the web that you can upload that would be slightly grayed woodgrain and tiling.    Some of the other textures in the pack aren't tiling either so a bit tricky to use when you aren't making the mesh from scratch :D.  

image.png.2f2e54bf5c4be3a68b4ea429b59a1004.png

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Loretta String said:

It looks very nice and natural !!

My alt already abandoned a nice house due to a neighbour who was adamant that a snowy Stilt Home on water and snowy piers  should not bother me. All I had to do was to look away..... :)

The last time I went to Charleston, South Carolina (USA) to visit my sister at Christmas the temps dropped to below freezing. A slight drizzle created havoc on all the bridges. I thought my flight might be canceled. A week later they got about 8 inches of snow. Of course, it didn't last. They're not equipped for snow or ice. It's usually 70 or 80s at Christmas. Maybe your neighbor was inspired by that freak snowstorm. 

• Like 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 478 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.