Stilt Home Decorating - Show us your style

Chic Aeon
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 479 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

47 minutes ago, Marianne Little said:

Tortuga is growing on me because of the large windows.

I dislike the entrance with the uneven walls. I am working on first one design, with a toilet room to one side and a very small bath with just a sink and a shower on the other.

I really like that symmetry. Even if the rooms will be so small. Then I thought... is symmetry so important? Going in to the main room with the walls gives me one bigger bath. On the other side, can it be a chest of drawers with a mirror over, a coat hanger, a chair... enough to fill in the strange corners.

Maybe I do this last setup, with the arched doorway.

doors_001.jpg

doors_005.jpg

It's wonderful how different we all are in what appeals to us.  I was initially enamored with the Tortuga because of the open floorplan, but the windows bother me because none of them open.  

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

Interesting - how odd.

"Annoying" was my descriptor of choice, but yeah, it's a head scratcher.  I understand having that particular window type not open.  I'm just confused why they opted to only use that type in the Tortuga when all the other home models have functioning ones.

It's hard to please everyone all the time, or me , ever, but at least there is some variety.  

• Like 3
  • Haha 5

Few snapshots from my Lauderdale OW house parcel.

"Thou shalt not make tiny sand island on your OW house parcel!"   :ph34r:
Well, I made one anyway. 😉   I planted three palm trees on it and some other vegetation too.
The small building on the left is my sauna. Because this is tropics I put the shower outside on the side of the sauna.
Does the sand dune float on water? Oh no! The dune rests safely on a huge rock foundation which rests firmly on the sea bottom. 🙂

2020-12-30_Lauderdale_Tiny-Island.thumb.jpg.597ccec62a2a4a339de2efd71558bfc9.jpg

Add-on terrace built with few prims and mesh parts.
(When this house type is on land this spot has the main entrance stairs, so no add-on terrace possible then.)

2020-12-30_Lauderdale_Add-on_Terrace.thumb.jpg.4cfdb5bd6fd4e5897bf4014cb5d9bb56.jpg

View towards north in the east side upstairs room. I like this room a lot because it has big windows on three sides.

2020-12-30_Lauderdale_Upstairs-room-North-View.thumb.jpg.b4db4f99b1d691943fb826748030746c.jpg

Same room here looking from the balcony towards south.

2020-12-30_Lauderdale_Upstairs-view-towards-South.thumb.jpg.e1771b7f5538e5ed12409c8121d2e5d3.jpg

Looking at the house towards south east from small Moles built island. The corner of the house parcel almost touches the Mole made island. It's so near that I can jump there from my add-on deck without getting my feet wet.

2020-12-30_Lauderdale_Looking-the-house-from-Moles-island.thumb.jpg.e09037a1579faad653fef9f14c13af28.jpg

• Like 27
  • Thanks 2

On 12/24/2020 at 9:30 AM, Sparkely Sugar said:

Love my shared new stilt house I am decorating with my friend.  I really did not think stilts would be my style, but a she convinced me, to come and try it. Now I love it.  

Dreamin

A different Angle from my friend 

My new Linden Home | Stilt House | Santiago

Sparkely, your house is not too far from mine....I was flying around the other day and found your house & loved it....I spent time circling around it in awe.....love, love love those outside decorations......I would never be able to put that together...even if I owned all the pieces.  Beautiful.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Leora Jacobus said:

Do any windows in any houses open?

Thing that bothers me about Tortuga is too many windows.

No room for a fireplace or a cupboard - not much at least

Def not much room, but if you squeeze. LOL. Still my fav house for the expansive views & open feeling

working with the windows in the Tortuga

• Like 10

Cian and I finally finished decorating our Havana Stilt home. Here's a few photos of our place.  Really enjoying the lovely ambience of the Stilt regions, too.

Front Porch

Havana Front Porch

Livingroom

Havana Livingroom

Livingroom & Kitchen combo

Havana Livingroom & Kitchen
Kitchen

Havana Kitchen
Bedroom

Havana Bedroom
Art Studio

Havana Art Studio
Upper Back Deck

Havana Upper Back Deck
Back Deck

Havana Back Deck

Edited by PrudenceAnton
  • Like 40

21 hours ago, Marianne Little said:

Tortuga is growing on me because of the large windows.

I dislike the entrance with the uneven walls. I am working on first one design, with a toilet room to one side and a very small bath with just a sink and a shower on the other.

I really like that symmetry. Even if the rooms will be so small. Then I thought... is symmetry so important? Going in to the main room with the walls gives me one bigger bath. On the other side, can it be a chest of drawers with a mirror over, a coat hanger, a chair... enough to fill in the strange corners.

Maybe I do this last setup, with the arched doorway.

doors_001.jpg

doors_005.jpg

I have not cared so much about quality of pictures and such, it is mostly to show you how you can put in furniture. I decided to not have 2 walls and make a square entry. I might do it later, bacause I like how a square room looks. The thing I dislike most in Tortuga, is the small walls next to the entrance. But for now, I have the original walls on one side, and the selfmade wall that's the bath on the other side. In the big room, it gives me straight longer walls that I can use for fireplace, Tv, bookshelves or a kitchen module. So this is a work in progress.

The house is owned by an alt that expire January 16th, so this house will not be kept. In fact, it will be abandoned for the next big release. I have 4 darling regions, if an alt scores a dream house I will renew her Premium.

hall1_001.jpg

hall1_002.jpg

hall1_003.jpg

hall1coll.jpg

• Like 17
  • Thanks 3

19 hours ago, KatHeartsong Kaos said:

Def not much room, but if you squeeze. LOL. Still my fav house for the expansive views & open feeling

working with the windows in the Tortuga

I like having the large expanse in front of the window open for unobstructed watery views, but it occurs to me for anyone who wants to use that space for seating that a malm or free standing ethanol fireplace with a mid century mod or 70's mod vibe with beachy flair could be fun too :)

• Like 2

10 hours ago, PrudenceAnton said:

Cian and I finally finished decorating our Havana Stilt home. Here's a few photos of our place.  Really enjoying the lovely ambience of the Stilt regions, too.

Amazing use of sunlight colors, @PrudenceAnton . Great job, neighbor, feels like purest summer vibes.

Edited by KatHeartsong Kaos
  • Like 2

8 hours ago, Marianne Little said:

Não me importei muito com a qualidade das fotos e coisas assim, é principalmente para mostrar como você pode colocar em móveis. Decidi não ter 2 paredes e fazer uma entrada quadrada. Posso fazer isso mais tarde, porque gosto da aparência de uma sala quadrada. O que eu mais não gosto em Tortuga são as pequenas paredes ao lado da entrada. Mas, por enquanto, tenho as paredes originais de um lado e a parede feita por mim, que é a banheira, do outro lado. Na sala grande, isso me dá paredes retas mais compridas que posso usar como lareira, TV, estantes de livros ou um módulo de cozinha. Portanto, este é um trabalho em andamento.

A casa é propriedade de um alt que expira em 16 de janeiro, então esta casa não será mantida. Na verdade, ele será abandonado para o próximo grande lançamento. Eu tenho 4 regiões queridas, se um alt marcar uma casa de sonho eu irei renovar seu Prêmio.

hall1_001.jpg

hall1_002.jpg

hall1_003.jpg

hall1coll.jpg

The light, worn-out tones feel like we could touch objects. It's beautiful.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 479 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.