Stilt Home Decorating - Show us your style

Chic Aeon
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 479 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

On 12/30/2020 at 1:59 PM, RacyAcey said:

Sparkely, your house is not too far from mine....I was flying around the other day and found your house & loved it....I spent time circling around it in awe.....love, love love those outside decorations......I would never be able to put that together...even if I owned all the pieces.  Beautiful.

Thank you so much, I really love landscaping these Linden homes, and making special little environments for them. Up to now Vics where my favorite, but enjoying these stilts a lot more then I thought I would

Edited by Sparkely Sugar
  • Like 5

On 12/23/2020 at 2:03 PM, Chic Aeon said:

988626035_stilthomesrelease.thumb.jpg.1e5949abad7e903642ac260320b3fc49.jpg

While "I" of course don't have a stilt home, I still have premium friends -- some which offered to let me play with their houses and others that are staying put in their Victorians.   

But an old partner (business, not romantic) of mine got aa great spot so I will be over playing and hope others will join in and show off their decorating of these fun houses.  

Here is the spot he got. He thought he wanted beachfront but when he got this place he stopped looking. He wants a one story house so plenty of prims to "clutter" with. Will be fun.   

1782429084_charliesplace.thumb.jpg.a568e640b236dc41fa37e1395d0f131a.jpg

The trees are really the best part of these stilt house areas. They are as good as Fundati's trees. Maybe it's even Fundati moonlighting. I wish these were made available in the Library.

• Like 7

On 12/31/2020 at 8:52 PM, Sparkely Sugar said:

I really enjoy landscaping Linden homes, each theme creates a new challenges. 

Pastel Skies 2

Pastel Skies

Wow, you did a great job, and that is really a solution for the stilt homes on the water, to make them like a "bayou". Really changes up the atmosphere there from Atlantic City to Louisiana.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Trinity Aironaut said:

Olá, foram dias de diversão. Estou adorando essas casas e estar perto da água. Desisti de um Trad incrível por esta casa e estou tão feliz por tê-lo feito ... aqui vai, eu me diverti mais lá fora, mostrando isso primeiro.

50788787668_6a76bfa933_c.jpg

50788788593_8a985a82e9_c.jpg

50788789533_c9f26521b3_c.jpg

50789546871_1ee8d00e5f_c.jpg

50789660312_ecfec802ab_c.jpg

I liked your island looks great, the palm trees are beautiful, could you tell me where they are from?

• Like 2

More images from Tortuga. The house and deck cover a lot of the water. If this had been OW, I would have had the boat on the other side, where it is only a small entrance deck. But with this an OP house, that wasn't possible. It is barely room for this boat on the outside, and the steps and mini-deck I made for going down to it.

tortu_009ed.jpg

Tortu collage.jpg

• Like 27

13 hours ago, Trinity Aironaut said:

Hi, it's been days of fun I am loving these homes and being by the water. I gave up an amazing Trad for this house and I'm so glad I did.......so here goes, I had the most fun outside so Showing these first.

50788787668_6a76bfa933_c.jpg

50788788593_8a985a82e9_c.jpg

50788789533_c9f26521b3_c.jpg

50789546871_1ee8d00e5f_c.jpg

50789660312_ecfec802ab_c.jpg

AfterImage Havana Back Pier 1.jpg

AfterImage Havana Back Pier 2.jpg

You and my alt are neighbors! Look for an island under a home.... I am growing used to this region. But my alt expires the 11th January. I have also seen some very tempting regions, so I plan to release this... trying to get a perfect location. If not, I let her off premium.

• Like 2

So this is another stilt home that I will keep just for days. I am taking alts down to Basic. I am not sure I will finish decorating this inside, but the Havana is smaller and I think it fits better for an island. Can you see my boat tucked in under a palm, besides the extended pier?

And can you see that I made the big back deck even bigger? I think that went well.

I have essentials like sofa, bed, fireplace and a bit decor inside, and 110 Li left, so I can finish it if I have time. It will be hard to decide what house type I settle for when the alts are retired. One single Premium house, lol. What to do...😖 Woe is me! 😉

isla_001ed.jpg

isla_006ed.jpg

isla_004ed.jpg

isla_005ed.jpg

Edited by Marianne Little
changed a few words
  • Like 25

1 hour ago, Marianne Little said:

So this is another stilt home that I will keep just for days. I am taking alts down to Basic. I am not sure I will finish decorating this inside, but the Havana is smaller and I think it fits better for an island. Can you see my boat tucked in under a palm, besides the extended pier?

And can you see that I made the big back deck even bigger? I think that went well.

I have essentials like sofa, bed, fireplace and a bit decor inside, and 110 Li left, so I can finish it if I have time. It will be hard to decide what house type I settle for when the alts are retired. One single Premium house, lol. What to do...😖 Woe is me! 😉

isla_001ed.jpg

isla_006ed.jpg

isla_004ed.jpg

isla_005ed.jpg

I am just fascinated by the parking spot you made for your boat. What a great idea! 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Leora Jacobus said:

You really did a super good job with these stilts @Marianne Little! I LOVE your work!

If you are anyway giving them up (so do not need to keep your privacy) would you mind giving us the LMs so that we can inspect them closer before they vanish?

I would like to learn, especially making isles and the plants you used and ...

It's Sunday, and I think I will give them up for the next big release. 😔 I have 3 regions that's very interesting, and has learnt how to track regions. So it is 24 hours to look...

http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Beaufort Three/198/108/23

http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Cowrie/181/111/17

The first places you on the pier, and the last places you in water just outside, I will not give LM's to the houses itself, since I am leaving and others will move in.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 4

I got a question inworld where I got the sand. It is from Reid Parkin, he has two stores inworld. In the "Full permissions" store, you can look for a large slab of sand on the ground under some palms and other plants. Click on it and buy for 0 L. Same store also has large patches of soil for free or cheap. Click and inspect. And remember that all such mesh forms can have a snow texture, a grass texture or an ice texture (to be a frozen pond). Since this is flat, I stretched it a lot in one direction (Z) so it should be high. One side got a gap, so I filled it out with Mountain rocks from DragonsLord's MP store (3 mountain rocks for 9 L). LL gives us both the beach sand texture and Bellisseria rock texture in the content pack. But I thought it was too dark, so I used a seamless rock texture #1 also DragonsLord.

After the aggressive stretching of the sand, it could not be walked on more. I believe I broke it. So I rezzed a flat transparent prim over. I am not satisfied with that, I am looking for some walkable solution that's organic formed and not ten and more in Li.

The rest is from here and there.

Some rocks from The Domineaux Effect, 2 group gift palms from Hayabusa and twin palms from DaD, birds from |T|L|C|, reeds from Kidd and bamboo from DDD where I sink it so deep that the plant containers is hidden, and also parts from "Mesh pond plant set" Landscaping by Felix. And some plants from the content pack for Stilts.

I built the pier extensions of good old prims for the deck itself, the safety railings in the content pack and the railings post that @Blush Bravingave us for free. But since it's no mod and can't be linked to save Li, I used another post for the biggest set of railings. It is not identical to the LL posts, as Blush's fence post is. But I am a "it's good enough" person. I took it from a Domineaux fence kit "White Picket Fence". Too expensive to buy that kit for a post, but I already had it, so...

To make the deck a bit better, I used a trim texture on the sides. Again, it's not identical, but I was in a hurry. I should perhaps take a picture of the original deck side and try to make it better. But I used the white trim from here: https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/L-Decorative-Trim-V3/9007072

For stilts itself I used "Three mesh cubes in a row 3-09" and "Two mesh cubes in a row 2-09" from OPQ Builder's Supplies. Saves Li since they are 1 Li and it goes down when linked. I have bought all the "Cube Rows", because they are so cheap. And the steps is "2 Step Quality Mesh Staircase" also from OPQ. https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/1-LI-2-Step-Quality-Mesh-Staircase-OPQ-Staircase-06-02-41-10-06-Personal-Edition-CM/9376219

With prices like that, is cost more to try and make it in Blender and upload it. Where I need a single stilt, I make a prim. I don't have a shabby texture for the stilts, but I tossed on a white texture. https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/TT-seamless-black-white-wood-1024x1024-full-perm/10268641 LL has given us various white textures in the content packs too.

It is all really fast made, and for those who like to zoom in really closeand inspect textures in detail, it is probably horrible. But you can say you built it yourself!

• Like 4
  • Thanks 12

On 1/3/2021 at 12:41 PM, Marianne Little said:

I got a question inworld where I got the sand. It is from Reid Parkin, he has two stores inworld. In the "Full permissions" store, you can look for a large slab of sand on the ground under some palms and other plants. Click on it and buy for 0 L. Same store also has large patches of soil for free or cheap. Click and inspect. And remember that all such mesh forms can have a snow texture, a grass texture or an ice texture (to be a frozen pond). Since this is flat, I stretched it a lot in one direction (Z) so it should be high. One side got a gap, so I filled it out with Mountain rocks from DragonsLord's MP store (3 mountain rocks for 9 L). LL gives us both the beach sand texture and Bellisseria rock texture in the content pack. But I thought it was too dark, so I used a seamless rock texture #1 also DragonsLord.

After the aggressive stretching of the sand, it could not be walked on more. I believe I broke it. So I rezzed a flat transparent prim over. I am not satisfied with that, I am looking for some walkable solution that's organic formed and not ten and more in Li.

The rest is from here and there.

Some rocks from The Domineaux Effect, 2 group gift palms from Hayabusa and twin palms from DaD, birds from |T|L|C|, reeds from Kidd and bamboo from DDD where I sink it so deep that the plant containers is hidden, and also parts from "Mesh pond plant set" Landscaping by Felix. And some plants from the content pack for Stilts.

I built the pier extensions of good old prims for the deck itself, the safety railings in the content pack and the railings post that @Blush Bravingave us for free. But since it's no mod and can't be linked to save Li, I used another post for the biggest set of railings. It is not identical to the LL posts, as Blush's fence post is. But I am a "it's good enough" person. I took it from a Domineaux fence kit "White Picket Fence". Too expensive to buy that kit for a post, but I already had it, so...

To make the deck a bit better, I used a trim texture on the sides. Again, it's not identical, but I was in a hurry. I should perhaps take a picture of the original deck side and try to make it better. But I used the white trim from here: https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/L-Decorative-Trim-V3/9007072

For stilts itself I used "Three mesh cubes in a row 3-09" and "Two mesh cubes in a row 2-09" from OPQ Builder's Supplies. Saves Li since they are 1 Li and it goes down when linked. I have bought all the "Cube Rows", because they are so cheap. And the steps is "2 Step Quality Mesh Staircase" also from OPQ. https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/1-LI-2-Step-Quality-Mesh-Staircase-OPQ-Staircase-06-02-41-10-06-Personal-Edition-CM/9376219

With prices like that, is cost more to try and make it in Blender and upload it. Where I need a single stilt, I make a prim. I don't have a shabby texture for the stilts, but I tossed on a white texture. https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/TT-seamless-black-white-wood-1024x1024-full-perm/10268641 LL has given us various white textures in the content packs too.

It is all really fast made, and for those who like to zoom in really closeand inspect textures in detail, it is probably horrible. But you can say you built it yourself!

I know that it is a modify railing post in a pack sold by Blush Bravin, but I have not bothered to buy it. Just in case you need a mod one. I thought I should mention it.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 479 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.