Stilt Home Decorating - Show us your style

Chic Aeon
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 457 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

5 hours ago, Serendipity Nova said:

I came across these adorable palms from Tarte. They have a lower land impact option with them, so even resized quite big they are only 2L and with lights on/off option and four leaf colour options. For me these have been the closest colour wise and quality wise that I am so happy with. I even modified them and just kept the palm front part to use as a bush at just 1 LI each.

CoronaAntigua2.jpg

That's just lovely and thank you for the photos and info, Groucho!!  Very cute profile pic!  🤣🤣

• Like 3

I am happy with my palms now.  I am so sorry, Hayabusa, I had totally forgotten all the foliage choices you build into your trees!  I chose one of the autumn foliage options and picked up some lighter palm bark textures from the MP and I think my little guys fit in quite well now.  I love the very, very "leaning" palms that peek out from under my deck.  Now to actually furnish the interior!

palm 3_001.jpg

• Like 14

6 hours ago, Serendipity Nova said:

I came across these adorable palms from Tarte. They have a lower land impact option with them, so even resized quite big they are only 2L and with lights on/off option and four leaf colour options. For me these have been the closest colour wise and quality wise that I am so happy with. I even modified them and just kept the palm front part to use as a bush at just 1 LI each.

CoronaAntigua1.jpg

CoronaAntigua2.jpg

Ohh thanks for pointing these out!

They are cheaper in-store than on the marketplace, for anybody looking to grab them.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 5

I'm pretty much done with decorating my OW Stilt, and will shout once again that I LOVE IT! I posted pix of the outside and ground floor earlier in this thread, so now here's the upstairs. I wanted to put a mural in the upstairs hallway, and for now will make do with something from a favorite artist (Angie Lewin - whose prints I'll never be able to afford in RL ;) ). The bathroom was a large room to fill, but I'm happy with the result, making use of the rattan chairs I picked up a while back thanks to a half-price gacha at Minimal.  The sink/washing machine unit is the one that was on sale a while ago at Kazza - there were two sinks so I got rid of the unnecessary one, but then was faced with its shadow baked into the wood texture, hence the towel. And the bedroom and balcony make good use of items from Apple Fall's very generous Black Friday sale. 

balcony4.jpg

bathroom5.jpg

bathroom6.jpg

bathroom7.jpg

bedroom1.jpg

bedroom2.jpg

hallway5.jpg

• Like 24

19 hours ago, Frigga Freidman said:

Eu estou quase terminando de decorar meu OW Stilt, e vou gritar mais uma vez que AMO ISSO! Postei fotos da parte externa e do andar térreo anteriormente neste tópico, então aqui está o andar de cima. Eu queria colocar um mural no corredor do andar de cima, e por enquanto vou me contentar com algo de uma artista favorita (Angie Lewin - cujas impressões nunca poderei pagar na RL;) ) O banheiro era um cômodo grande para ocupar, mas estou feliz com o resultado, aproveitando as cadeiras de vime que comprei há um tempo graças a uma gacha pela metade do preço da Minimal. A unidade da pia / máquina de lavar é a que estava à venda um tempo atrás em Kazza - havia duas pias, então eu me livrei da desnecessária, mas então me deparei com sua sombra cozida na textura de madeira, daí a toalha. E o quarto e a varanda fazem bom uso dos itens da generosa promoção da Black Friday da Apple Fall. 

balcony4.jpg

bathroom5.jpg

bathroom6.jpg

bathroom7.jpg

quarto1.jpg

quarto2.jpg

corredor5.jpg

... a place totally in balance. Amazing !

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Nando Yip said:

... a place totally in balance. Amazing !

Thank you! If only in real life... (Most interesting to see my own comments in Portuguese! After many years of Spanish in school and college, I could just about read it, even though my pronunciation would be dismal!)

Edited by Frigga Freidman
  • Like 3

12 minutes ago, Cyanide Pixie said:

Here's what I've got going so far in my Havana. Only the bathroom to share at this time but I'm loving it so much I had to snap some pics before finishing the rest of the house! 

Snapshot_012.jpg

Snapshot_013.jpg

Snapshot_014.jpg

Snapshot_015.jpg

that is so pretty 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Leora Jacobus said:

... just wish the photos were a bit lighter. Can hardly see anything.

Are they super dark on your screen? They are normal on my monitor! Hmmm.... not sure what happened.

EDIT: I just pulled this thread up on my phone and I noticed they did look darker, but then I remembered I had my phone brightness down below halfway. I pulled it up to normal and they look about the same as on my computer monitor. So maybe that's just the problem, a difference in screen brightness? Admittedly, I don't have any lights on inside the room in order to cast natural shadows from the windows over the scene so that could be part of the issue too.

Edited by Cyanide Pixie
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Leora Jacobus said:

... just wish the photos were a bit lighter. Can hardly see anything.

Here, hopefully this is better! I tossed up a ceiling light (it was missing one anyway) and took some close ups to get decor details. Sorry for my haste and poor lighting before!

I might add more and change a few things as I continue with the other rooms. But so far, with the addition of the ceiling light, the room is at 36 LI total with everything pictured, including the shell for walls and floor. So I have some room to play, maybe in here or maybe just the rest of the house.

Snapshot_013.jpg

Snapshot_014.jpg

Snapshot_015.jpg

Snapshot_017.jpg

Snapshot_018.jpg

• Like 16
  • Thanks 2

24 minutes ago, Cyanide Pixie said:

Here, hopefully this is better! I tossed up a ceiling light (it was missing one anyway) and took some close ups to get decor details. Sorry for my haste and poor lighting before!

I might add more and change a few things as I continue with the other rooms. But so far, with the addition of the ceiling light, the room is at 36 LI total with everything pictured, including the shell for walls and floor. So I have some room to play, maybe in here or maybe just the rest of the house.

Snapshot_013.jpg

Snapshot_014.jpg

Snapshot_015.jpg

Snapshot_017.jpg

Snapshot_018.jpg

Gorgeous

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, AstraHunt said:

I seem to have forgotten how to upload a lot of photos in one post without making them too small to be visible.

217823581_BigRoom.thumb.png.f9141d92ae8436b66ae36f4af29e226a.png

Tortuga's Open Plan Room

1928131197_DeckArea.thumb.png.54d928be55f479045cdf71e1c219a72b.png

Deck Area. My most favorite spot in the house.

Lovely! I can see why your deck is the fave spot, you did a great job!

As far as pictures go, save as JPEG and they are MUCH MUCH MUCH smaller. Quality loss isn't too terrible for these forum posts either.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

1 minute ago, Cyanide Pixie said:

Lovely! I can see why your deck is the fave spot, you did a great job!

As far as pictures go, save as JPEG and they are MUCH MUCH MUCH smaller. Quality loss isn't too terrible for these forum posts either.

Thank you! I missed having greenery and colorful flowers in the stilt homes so I made sure I had them all over the house lol.

Thank you for that tip :)  I've been trying to resize the photos into smaller percentages in paint but they end up being too small to see. I'll try to remember that for the next time!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, AstraHunt said:

Thank you! I missed having greenery and colorful flowers in the stilt homes so I made sure I had them all over the house lol.

Thank you for that tip :)  I've been trying to resize the photos into smaller percentages in paint but they end up being too small to see. I'll try to remember that for the next time!

Two options: 
 - Save as jpg as Cyanide mentions
 - Upload larger pics to a picture hosting site (Flickr, imgur, Gyazo) and then paste the link into the forum post.  Hard to explain, but some methods of pasting the link will not actually  "embed" the picture but instead simply show the link.  There are ways to get the "embed" to happen, but they can be different depending on the hosting site.  In any case, picture size doesn't matter for embedded pictures.

• Like 4

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 457 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.