Jump to content

Oh my Gawd! - Totally unOfficial Pet Peeve Thread.


Sassy Kenin

Recommended Posts

45 minutes ago, Sam1 Bellisserian said:

Is this better? :) I gave you the hour long version.

 

So glad my son wasn't young when this one came out.  

I can, however, sing every single song in The Lion King as I think I've seen it 38475738 times.

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, Rowan Amore said:

So glad my son wasn't young when this one came out.  

I can, however, sing every single song in The Lion King as I think I've seen it 38475738 times.

Be glad you missed out on The Backyardigans too

 

  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Garnet Psaltery said:

To be fair on @Marigold Devin, I started this disturbing sidestream of the topic.  Will this make things better or worse?

 

Thank you, Garnet.

I suppose I should say a pet peeve of mine is being blamed for something someone else started, but I did join in! It was a bit "griefer-ish" of me - and that's a whole other thread! 

This video is rather clever, and funny. Double thanks. 

 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Forum glitches that screws up the Notifications. I logged in to 2 pages of Notifications, but roughly half of them are for really old stuff -- threads where the last post was the middle of 2021, etc...

That is a lot of threads to open up just to find out there really isn't anything new there.

Odd part was that in reviewing the Notifications in datetime order, the old crap was in-between notifications of actual new stuff.

 

Edited by LittleMe Jewell
  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, LittleMe Jewell said:

Forum glitches that screws up the Notifications. I logged in to 2 pages of Notifications, but roughly half of them are for really old stuff -- threads where the last post was the middle of 2021, etc...

That is a lot of threads to open up just to find out there really isn't anything new there.

Odd part was that in reviewing the Notifications in datetime order, the old crap was in-between notifications of actual new stuff.

 

I'm wondering if this was because of some forum housekeeping.

I got notifications today that two posts that had been "hidden" pending approval by the mods had, in fact, been approved. (Which was actually pretty pointless, because I'd already replicated them with slightly changed, "acceptable" language.)

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Latest one: Finding out a property we used to own in the San Francisco Bay Area sold for 110 times we sold it for due to the super hot market in that area.  We sold it a decade ago and it was the location of our now gone nightclub. We moved to my man's home province to retire, but got bored and bought a small tavern.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, Kimmi Zehetbauer said:

Latest one: Finding out a property we used to own in the San Francisco Bay Area sold for 110 times we sold it for due to the super hot market in that area.  We sold it a decade ago and it was the location of our now gone nightclub. We moved to my man's home province to retire, but got bored and bought a small tavern.

It is insane 😵 I know somebody who bought a house in Brighton three years ago, and it has gone up by £90,000 since...lots of Londoners are moving out since they realised they can work from home, and house prices are booming in coastal areas...

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

When you break up with someone on SL and they put what they said was "our" song in their profile dedicated to their new GF four days later. Gotta love SL relationships. haha

I do feel kinda bad for the new girl because she didn't even get her own song. :(

  • Haha 2
  • Sad 6
Link to comment
Share on other sites

57 minutes ago, Sam1 Bellisserian said:

When you break up with someone on SL and they put what they said was "our" song in their profile dedicated to their new GF four days later. Gotta love SL relationships. haha

I do feel kinda bad for the new girl because she didn't even get her own song. :(

Or when they just switch out the picture in their picks and have the same soppy love drivel they had about you under the new one's picture now!  

I was kinda petty to one ex's new chick and told her to make sure he got her a new ring (I gave it back) when they got "engaged" two weeks after we broke up!

  • Haha 2
  • Sad 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Jordan Whitt said:

Or when they just switch out the picture in their picks and have the same soppy love drivel they had about you under the new one's picture now!  

That explains why they all sound the same to me. 😁

On 1/13/2022 at 7:31 PM, Rowan Amore said:

I can, however, sing every single song in The Lion King as I think I've seen it 38475738 times.

Oh, that makes me feel a bit guilty towards my father. I requested to be read the book for the movie every evening for months.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Sam1 Bellisserian said:

I do feel kinda bad for the new girl because she didn't even get her own song. :(

Sammie... you do realize that there's a great possibility the song wasn't truly yours either. :D

 

 

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Some of the Hunts have started letting creators provide an 'exclusive' item, which they then charge 25-50L for.  So now you have to be really careful to confirm the price before automatically buying.  So far, they have at least all provided pictures of what they are offering for that price.  However, to me, it feels like the store is no longer participating in the spirit of hunts and is just in it for a quick money grab.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Another one, #284: A mboard I'm on that helps people with diabetes (my man has that) is when you hit the Submit button --- you get a plop-up saying "Share with Freakbook" which I find annoying. I did send a PM to one of the admins about that told them not everyone does FB, the reply was like "we thought everyone is on there."

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 1/13/2022 at 1:31 PM, Rowan Amore said:

So glad my son wasn't young when this one came out.  

 

On 1/13/2022 at 1:48 PM, Janet Voxel said:

Be glad you missed out on The Backyardigans too

 

Be thankful you didn't have to live with this travesty that my 2 year old loved and sang all the time:

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 1/13/2022 at 1:31 PM, Rowan Amore said:

So glad my son wasn't young when this one came out.  

I can, however, sing every single song in The Lion King as I think I've seen it 38475738 times.

 

 

On 1/13/2022 at 1:48 PM, Janet Voxel said:

Be glad you missed out on The Backyardigans too

 

 

8 minutes ago, kali Wylder said:

 

Be thankful you didn't have to live with this travesty that my 2 year old loved and sang all the time:

 

...

My wee one murdered a Spongebob DVD by watching it over and over again ...

And then cried because she couldn't watch it anymore (no cable).

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...