19 hours ago, PermaRuthed said:

So which thread should we peeve in? 

What is the point of having an open fourth thread when the third thread isn't even locked yet?  It'd make more sense to wait for that to happen before starting a new one, right?

This way when one gets blocked, people can say how peeved they are without the need to make a new thread. You do not wait to buy a spare tire until after you have a flat do you?

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

3 hours ago, Orwar said:

Peeve: hangovers. 

I'm in such a 'I'm never drinking again'-mood right now. 

That was me on Sunday, I was trashed on Saturday night and woke in so much pain...I was so down, I swore I'd NEVER  drink again and would quit SL and Facebook in embarrassment. It was so bad I ended up crying and rang my mum...she wasn't sympathetic and said my brother rang her drunk on Saturday night and was slurring, she said "Have I raised a load of drunks"...I was so miserable I went to bed at 7pm...

But I woke up today and felt OK. And bought some wine and rum for later in the week O.o ...isn't it weird, the thought of it would have made me sick yesterday.

Edited by Rat Luv
  • Haha 3

51 minutes ago, Rat Luv said:

But I woke up today and felt OK.

I've now had a bit of water, and I just finished dinner - so I'm now ready to get back on the ball! 

Though as I have a train to catch in the morning, I figure I'd perhaps best stay off the liquor. If Yule gets to be anything like usual, there'll be plenty of that anyway!

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Rat Luv said:

That was me on Sunday, I was trashed on Saturday night and woke in so much pain...I was so down, I swore I'd NEVER  drink again and would quit SL and Facebook in embarrassment. It was so bad I ended up crying and rang my mum...she wasn't sympathetic and said my brother rang her drunk on Saturday night and was slurring, she said "Have I raised a load of drunks"...I was so miserable I went to bed at 7pm...

But I woke up today and felt OK. And bought some wine and rum for later in the week O.o ...isn't it weird, the thought of it would have made me sick yesterday.

As someone who had problems with alcohol I would say it's more worrying then weird. Be cerful. 

• Like 3

On 12/21/2020 at 12:47 PM, RowanMinx said:

I probably haven't had a drink in 15 years.  No specific reason really and I sure don't miss that after-morning feeling.

Me  either, I think 2 years for me... I mean I am not a non drinker, I do love me some good vodka.. I just.. meh...

51 minutes ago, Tarina Sewell said:

I do love me some good vodka.. I just.. meh...

A few times a year I have a bottle of suntory whiskey mixed with coca cola🥳..my strange habit is once a year ill buy a pack of cigarettes,  smoke several in a row but never more then half the the pack..then i just throw the rest away and will have a smoke in another years time.

On 12/21/2020 at 1:44 PM, Rat Luv said:

I lived like that for about 20 years of my life and the stories of what I did while under the influence just got progressively worse and like you I'd be buying more within days to repeat the it all over again. The alcohol became mandatory but I thought the stories were optional because I thought I would apply more willpower to what happened to me while under its influence next time. That never happened and the stories became progressively worse until I couldn't even admit some of them to my best friends.

The fact is that many people out there can drink safely and have the ability to stop or moderate when needed, some of us however cannot because the alcohol is no longer optional and the stories are doomed to be repeated.

• Thanks 1

Hangovers look like they are really rough.. I've never had one, but I've been around plenty that have..

My brother came home drunk one time and was hung over pretty bad.. My father had no mercy on him.. He made him get up and get to work..

He said really loud to him. You wanna play you got to pay! Time to get up!  Head up to the barn and get to it! You got five minutes!

I felt so sorry for him..

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Ceka Cianci said:

Hangovers look like they are really rough.. I've never had one, but I've been around plenty that have..

My brother came home drunk one time and was hung over pretty bad.. My father had no mercy on him.. He made him get up and get to work..

He said really loud to him. You wanna play you got to pay! Time to get up!  Head up to the barn and get to it! You got five minutes!

I felt so sorry for him..

I was once literally the only person to turn up to a seminar at uni the next day because we had had such a mad night before. I was hung over as heck but it didn't actually occur to me not to go!

My tutor guessed what had happened (I looked rough) and bought me something greasy afterwards.

• Like 1

reasons why my ex is my ex.  I sent him an email to tell him that my bank had merged with another bank and that my account number had changed so he could update for his child support payment for our autistic daughter.  She's 28 going on 7. He responded with details how he was down-scaling his support payments so he could save for retirement and that he would cease paying anything come March of next year.  Thanks a bunch and merry Christmas.

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 11

9 minutes ago, kali Wylder said:

reasons why my ex is my ex.  I sent him an email to tell him that my bank had merged with another bank and that my account number had changed so he could update for his child support payment for our autistic daughter.  She's 28 going on 7. He responded with details how he was down-scaling his support payments so he could save for retirement and that he would cease paying anything come March of next year.  Thanks a bunch and merry Christmas.

That sucks :( are the payments court ordered? 

Peeve: the systems in place to help parents of autistic children are not good enough, especially for those with adult children. This is an issue very near and dear to my heart. 

2 hours ago, Bitterthorn said:

Peeve: the systems in place to help parents of autistic children are not good enough, especially for those with adult children. This is an issue very near and dear to my heart. 

I think up to 18 to 21 depending where you're at.  A former neighbour who split with her man also has an autistic child who at the time was 26 and worked out a non-court ordered plan to take care of her.

4 hours ago, Bitterthorn said:

no, not court ordered, courts don't have laws about adult children, so we're screwed.

• Sad 5