Jump to content

Oh my Gawd! - Totally unOfficial Pet Peeve Thread.


Sassy Kenin

Recommended Posts

33 minutes ago, Silent Mistwalker said:

 

You have to hide things right out in the open where they will never see them. Sometimes that means changing the container. 😉

^^ This.   Hide your candy in a old granola cereal box or a cannister labeled Flour or such -- basically anything the kids wouldn't even consider eating.

  • Like 3
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

^^ This.   Hide your candy in a old granola cereal box or a cannister labeled Flour or such -- basically anything the kids wouldn't even consider eating.

Or go even further and place it where where its farthest from food in general . Ex. socks drawer 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

   Peeve: when you're going to post a completely awesome song you recently discovered in the 'what are you listening to' thread, but the embedded link just turns into a notice telling you that the video is age restricted and thus only available on YouTube.

   I mean come on, it's just sex, drugs and rock 'n roll (well, Finnish post-industrial goth metal, and girls wearing fishnets and not much else. Also some alcohol to wash down the drugs). 

   NSFW? Well only if your boss is a *cough*. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

38 minutes ago, Orwar said:

   Peeve: when you're going to post a completely awesome song you recently discovered in the 'what are you listening to' thread, but the embedded link just turns into a notice telling you that the video is age restricted and thus only available on YouTube.

   I mean come on, it's just sex, drugs and rock 'n roll (well, Finnish post-industrial goth metal, and girls wearing fishnets and not much else. Also some alcohol to wash down the drugs). 

   NSFW? Well only if your boss is a *cough*. 

Torille!

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Amina Sopwith said:

I had a housemate at uni who used to keep it in the freezer and label it "BIOLOGY EXPERIMENT".

That was my MIL's refrigerator. She had several different experiments growing in the back part of the fridge.

And why is it fridge and not refridgerator? 🤔

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

When I post something on a thread and people feel the need to send me a private message about it.  

You need to either...

  1. Put on your big girl panties and say it in public like I did.
  2. Do things in public, be prepared to be called out for it.
  3. Understand that I don't give a flying hoot about you, your shenanigans or your hurt internet feelings.
  4. Enjoy playing with the others I have put in time out.

source.gif

  • Like 4
  • Thanks 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

Yeah, but you had to read below the fold to get the good stuff about "forsaken womens."

I think that should have been in the title too. It's important context!

I think the "forsaken womens" should have been the title, with the rest of the crap in the text.  Definitely better click-bait.

  • Like 3
  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 hours ago, Silent Mistwalker said:

 

You have to hide things right out in the open where they will never see them. Sometimes that means changing the container. 😉

I keep my emergency chocolate in a frozen green beans bag in the freezer.

 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, kali Wylder said:

I keep my emergency chocolate in a frozen green beans bag in the freezer.

 

My chocolate never gets the chance to become Emergency chocolate! lol 😂
and...
Who on earth would PM someone about their forum post? o.0
Seriously.... That's like a door that is missing a hinge...🤪 or two.

I have been PM'd about forums, but that was a very sincere message from a lovely person.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, Maryanne Solo said:

Who on earth would PM someone about their forum post? o.0

The PM system is part of the forum itself. I'd honestly rather users that have issues with each other take those issues to PM but even I know that's wishful thinking - hence why I often don't bother with it or simply don't bother to write a response post.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Peeve: all this UK 'hospital conspiracy' cr@p...:|

 

Untitled.png.717c31858d21135d3eb6fd9e8243874f.png 

"Why can't we all march into your hospital and into the Covid area and take photos? What have you got to hide???"

Er, because there is a global pandemic and hospitals don't let random people walk in off the street into ICUs without masks, flashing their mobile phones around and putting staff and seriously ill patients at risk??

>:(

 

Edited by Rat Luv
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 hours ago, Rat Luv said:

Peeve: all this UK 'hospital conspiracy' cr@p...:|

 

Untitled.png.717c31858d21135d3eb6fd9e8243874f.png 

"Why can't we all march into your hospital and into the Covid area and take photos? What have you got to hide???"

Er, because there is a global pandemic and hospitals don't let random people walk in off the street into ICUs without masks, flashing their mobile phones around and putting staff and seriously ill patients at risk??

>:(

 

Jay. Eff. See.

And also patient confidentiality laws.

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

   A two-part peeve.

   Part I: When you make a cup of coffee, but then you end up in Gimp and the coffee goes cold.

   Part II: When you go to pop the coffee in the microwaver, and it comes out reeking of artificial popcorn-butter because your roommates are disgusting swine who don't ever clean the kitchen after themselves. Who even eats that junk to begin with? Groans.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...