Jump to content

Oh my Gawd! - Totally unOfficial Pet Peeve Thread.


Sassy Kenin

Recommended Posts

7 minutes ago, Kimmi Zehetbauer said:

Maybe get some volunteer Mods to help. I know a few of us probably wouldn't mind lending a hand keeping the trains on the rails!

Been there, done that - total disaster.

  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

Been there, done that - total disaster.

I'm an admin on MS (multiple-sclerosis) mboard and we have an open chat area and a few times I had to put the breaks on a derailed train. But most of the time it's good convo.

Currently some of the users and the Mod Squad are trying to convince the owner to keep the board as is. He wants to move it to Freakbook. There are many who don't want nothing to do with Zuck.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, Kimmi Zehetbauer said:

I'm an admin on MS (multiple-sclerosis) mboard and we have an open chat area and a few times I had to put the breaks on a derailed train. But most of the time it's good convo.

Currently some of the users and the Mod Squad are trying to convince the owner to keep the board as is. He wants to move it to Freakbook. There are many who don't want nothing to do with Zuck.

The problem here is that any time in the past when LL has given regular Residents power, it always seems to go to their head and ultimately said power gets abused.

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

The problem here is that any time in the past when LL has given regular Residents power, it always seems to go to their head and ultimately said power gets abused.

Sadly that happens. How we lost a couple of Mods on the MS board. I use my best judgement before I lock a thread. I'll give a warning first and hopefully that will get the train back on the rails.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Kimmi Zehetbauer said:

Maybe get some volunteer Mods to help. I know a few of us probably wouldn't mind lending a hand keeping the trains on the rails!

Not really a good idea. If they are willing, they are subject to play favorites (even without meaning to). Give it to someone who doesn't want the job. lol

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Silent Mistwalker said:
1 hour ago, Madelaine McMasters said:

Are you out of your mind? Can you imagine if they gave me actual power?

That would be.... fun.

Definitely entertaining, at the very least.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Kimmi Zehetbauer said:

Maybe get some volunteer Mods to help. I know a few of us probably wouldn't mind lending a hand keeping the trains on the rails!

This would be me having to read all the stupid posts.

Hissy Cat.jpg

  • Haha 6
Link to comment
Share on other sites

My pet peeve:

Quote

Hello, I'd like to talk to you about a thing, and I absolutely must do it face to face with you in world, because I don't send notecards, and I'm not going to give you any indication of when I might be online, or what my timezone is, so just like, spam me periodically or something?

(not an actual quote)

I don't understand why some people feel entitled to an an instant discussion, and don't seem to grasp that most of the time people aren't available right when it would be most convenient for them.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, Quistess Alpha said:

My pet peeve:

(not an actual quote)

I don't understand why some people feel entitled to an an instant discussion, and don't seem to grasp that most of the time people aren't available right when it would be most convenient for them.

You mean you are not here to cater to my every wish?  Wow, imagine that.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

23 minutes ago, Rowan Amore said:

We'll sell tickets!  In a gacha!  For the best seats!

 

And I'll scalp them!

 

 

 

 

The tickets! The tickets!

 

 

Although there might be one or two... no, I have plenty of hides nailed to my door, thank you.

  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Second Life photography in which someone has tried to Photoshop a realistic face or body part onto their avatar. Second Life avatars themselves are nowhere near close to realistic, they still look extremely uncanny valley and its made 100x times worse when people shop realistic body parts onto them.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 minutes ago, Silent Mistwalker said:

About that last post... I didn't even really notice who was in the image. I'm sorry. 

/me crawls under a rock

... crawls under there with you, to share the wiki page for Yuri Bezmenov. He's an interesting character and "useful idiot" is an interesting idea. Now, the trick is to determine whether I am one, or I just play one. I'm so nefarious that even I don't know.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Madelaine McMasters said:

... crawls under there with you, to share the wiki page for Yuri Bezmenov. He's an interesting character and "useful idiot" is an interesting idea. Now, the trick is to determine whether I am one, or I just play one. I'm so nefarious that even I don't know.

 

N2ZD2rc7G15eanUYlZAh7kAa524ldag4DZDhuU2K

 

Where to start... hmmm...

Oh! I know. I'll start  with... fire!

 

Edit: Fire is useful but only idiots play with fire.

hmmm....

Nope that's not it.

Oh look! We're on page 42!  Now we're cookin!

*sings* We're gonna take a little bitty break.

Just a little bitty pause for the cause.

We'll be back in a flash

with some more of this trash

We're gonna take a little bitty break.

*bom bada bom bom thump thump*

 

Edited by Silent Mistwalker
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...